Lt. Commander
# 121
12-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
srsly wth.. now I have to spent even more points on stuff I dont need to.. you only can level up a skill when you reach either full gren, yellow or red stage... meaning no partial leveling anymore... WTF....

This kills my whole build.. and this also will lead to even more cookie cutter build then before.. now you can't even squeeze a view skillpoint out of another skill to retain your previous specs...

I thought when I droped my tyken rift abbility I could get away with it.. but NO...

I MAD NOW...

Edit:

Something wrong here... It constantly tells me I dont have spent enough points even the the category is already unlocked and it gives me totaly scrwed up respec options...
The problem with respec should be fixed by now -- we updated Tribble.

As for your other point, it's completely untrue. You still level up your skill with each rank you put into it. The new UI merely illustrates the diminishing returns.
Lt. Commander
# 122
12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian_Phoenix76
I'll try this at home tonight but damn was the video flickering something fierce last night when I started up tribble....

No matter what setting I tried it only got worse. Holodeck works fine though... Did file a bug report. Can't remember the number, but I will try these tonight.
Wellllll.....

Tried the settings, and now I can no longer even get to the character selection screen.

HW I am running:

2 X EVGA GTX 260 cards in SLi
6BG Ram
Intel core i7 920...

When I was still in, every setting I tried still had the refresh rate flicker...

Correction: I can get in, and the new settings are holding. LOOKS PRETTY!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 123
12-22-2011, 05:39 PM
One little complaint though...

The actual mouse and the display mouse are not synced. The small pointer behind the starfleet styled graphic for the pointer are moving at different speeds.
Lt. Commander
# 124
12-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duren
I have been on tribble and I so do not like it it severly made my ship weak. I just wish they would leave the crap alone they already changed the skill tree once lets just leave it alone

Keep working at it, I noticed very little change to my space performance. Also, remember, if the skill tree makes you weaker, it makes everyone equally weaker keeping an equal playing field.
Lt. Commander
# 125
12-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrefyre
Keep working at it, I noticed very little change to my space performance. Also, remember, if the skill tree makes you weaker, it makes everyone equally weaker keeping an equal playing field.
But how does that work against the npcs , like the borg ? Are we getting a little weaker while they are the same? Won't that unbalance the game ? I don't do alot of PvP ,cept for guild stuff for accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 126
12-22-2011, 08:54 PM
So I test-bedded DX11 and noticed a more detailed look to ground content and space content alike. It was kinda easier on the framerate too. But then I noticed some issues soon after I started walking around DS9.

Some textures are completely missing and show as a black patch in some of the connecting halls of the bank/exchange and the shipyard. The large crates with the flashy red arrows have missing textures too.

The ship store background logo for the Starfleet side has a blurry image, pixelated almost.

In space my ship also suffers from missing textures. Part of its dorsal texture is gone and a few on the ventral are missing too. And this was on my Oracle class DSSV. It looked pretty in general but the missing textures and other issues made me switch back to DX9 mode. It was also noted that loading a space map took much longer. My ship appeared before the map did and your several seconds I was sitting in an empty void waiting for the DS9 system to "magically appear".

Screenshot of the DS9 system map lagging behind my zone-in: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...2-08-50-21.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 127
12-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
But how does that work against the npcs , like the borg ? Are we getting a little weaker while they are the same? Won't that unbalance the game ? I don't do alot of PvP ,cept for guild stuff for accolades.
The difference will not really be significant enough to matter. Keep in mind that 8 % skill point loss for space is not the same as losing 8 % of your total effectiveness. Skills always only affect a portion (sometimes smaller, sometimes bigger) of what powers and your ship can do on its own. Compared to the typical errors we make during play, I doubt it will be noticeable. (Errors like not immediately using a power when it's ready and useable, not recognizing that a shield is dropping, not having our torps fire in time to hit a broken shield and so on).

But I think the vast increase in ground skills on the other hand _will_ be noticeable. Even if you were just to increase weapon damage and the amount of shields you have (and you will get a lot more than that). Even if you dislike ground like me, it will become easier (or rather: faster. If you didn't play on Elite, it was probably never hard, but the speed difference is there, and the less time we need to spend on ground, the better, right?)
Lt. Commander
# 128
12-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
I've added this to the patch notes, but I'm making a new post, too.

I've talked to our lead graphics programmer about changes y'all would want to know about. Here's what he had to say:

This release contains DirectX 11 support. This new rendering API can drive video cards supporting DirectX 10 and higher (10.1, 11, 11.1). The initial release is essentially a port of our DirectX 9 rendering features to DirectX 11. The game should mostly look the same, as we have not added a lot of support for newer DirectX 11 features, we’re just getting a base from which we will continue adding such features.

We have not ported all low-end video settings support, just mid-level and high-end features. Therefore, under the DirectX 11 rendering option, there may be some graphics problems with Video Options slider set all the way to the left (the Speed side of the slider). Also, on hardware that only supports DirectX 10, like Nvidia GeForce 8800s and 9800s, when Antialiasing is enabled we do not currently support many depth-dependent Video effects. This includes High-quality shadow mode, depth-of-field, and some others. This is because Nvidia and ATI have not provided us a special driver back door we have available under DirectX 9, and we have not had time to do a potentially much more expensive work-around.
Hmmm... This explain why I noticed this behavior when I changed my PC on the middle of year. It was one of my big disapoitment. I even tried to change these settings on Nvidia control panel, but it didn't worked.

Well, hope someday they manage to solve this. I see this affecting a increasing number of people as they upgrade their PC and with F2P players coming.
Lt. Commander
# 129
12-23-2011, 04:56 PM
For all those wanting to test Dx11 with Nvidia GPU's on Tribble I reccomend 290 or above drivers I am using the latest 290.53 beta set atm and as Zero stated you need to manualy select the option when you get online also restart you client when you enable the option.
Lt. Commander
# 130
12-24-2011, 01:56 AM
I did a brief test on DX11, and found that in the Academy some trees were "flickering" some textures; which might have been a shadow artifact, but I turned that off and still had the same effect.