Lt. Commander
# 11
12-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
  • DX11 support!
I hope this works unlike DX10 mode, will be nice to use!
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
Wouldn't it be simpler to have a Ground set and a Space set no switching necessary. Then give them both the full amount of points.
Dual speccing would make sense too though, Champions has it so it allows for a PVP build and a PVE build for example.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Wouldn't it be simpler to have a Ground set and a Space set no switching necessary. Then give them both the full amount of points.
I'd say it would be simpler to have two of the exact same skill tree, but with 2 different settings for how you've allocated the points.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
Dual speccing would make sense too though, Champions has it so it allows for a PVP build and a PVE build for example.
Exactly, you don't have to spec for space and ground, you could spec for space PvE and space PvP or ground PvE and ground PvP, or space PvP and ground PvP, etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
There will be a blog post that addresses this question, and I'll add a link to it just as soon as it's up.
Looking forward to seeing this for myself. I have always put every point I can into space and the idea of being forced to take what seems to be a significant power reduction in that area has me somewhat dismayed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Don't get me wrong though - the better (but longer to roll out) option is two separate trees for ground and space, each with their own UI and icons to represent the skills.

Something akin to the Soul Tree window in Rift, perhaps.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
Looking forward to seeing this for myself. I have always put every point I can into space and the idea of being forced to take what seems to be a significant power reduction in that area has me somewhat dismayed.
See what needs to be remembered here is that you're not having your power reduced alone - EVERYONE will be, therefore your build can still potentially be as relatively powerful as it was before when looked at next to other people.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Don't get me wrong though - the better (but longer to roll out) option is two separate trees for ground and space, each with their own UI and icons to represent the skills.

Something akin to the Soul Tree window in Rift, perhaps.
Hey its Christmas time, lets ask for BOTH!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Hey its Christmas time, lets ask for BOTH!!!
Well, shy bairns get nowt, as they say (or in English 'shy children get nothing')

It could be something they can set the art department to doing, instead of scratching their heads thinking of more ships to cram into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Well, shy bairns get nowt, as they say (or in English 'shy children get nothing')

It could be something they can set the art department to doing, instead of scratching their heads thinking of more ships to cram into the game.
Shush! The art team are happily working on the new feature episodes.

*sticks fingers in his ears and makes the Lala sound!*