Lt. Commander
# 51
12-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I don't mean to call you a liar and all but there was a post by another that was edited a long time back in regards to that (although, I did not detail the instructions on how to enable it). Perhaps the F2P build changed this but it was there. I can't say how much of a difference it is compared to what's on Tribble but there were some really nice little improvements with it enabled before. Literally, you guys even put it in your patches to currect this edit tot hte file to redisable this also. Cheers to finally getting this to the masses though. I'm going to go check it out now. [=
As cheer said, the option was there, but there was no code behind it, nothing enabled. It was a bit confusing, so I can understand why you'd be inclined to think me a liar.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Rex, why the ground skill handicap? Or is that not your department?
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-21-2011, 05:24 PM
took a quick look at the new skill changes (didn't respec yet, because of the known issues), and THEY ARE F***ING AWESOME! LOVE IT!

I did notice something though... when i got to the character selection screen on Tribble, I looked at my Vice Admiral Engineer, and it said he was 'Vice Admiral 50'. Is that because my skills are unspent yet? Or is that a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Rex, why the ground skill handicap? Or is that not your department?
Please, call me Zero, and I don't think there's a handicap, personally.
It's also not my department.
You can post feedback for CaptainGeko and the others, though.

@Trek17 -- read the patch notes -- all the levels were changed by 1.

(EDIT to complete my sentences. D'oh!)
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Please, call me Zero, and I don't think there's a handicap, personally.
It's also not my department.
You can post feedback for CaptainGeko and the others, though.

@Trek17 -- read the patch notes -- all the levels were changed by 1.

(EDIT to complete my sentences. D'oh!)
ahh, guess i interpreted it wrong never mind then, but it's still awesome
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Heartfelt thanks and kudos to mkenneally for sorting out the ground toolbar Kit / Device bug.

Now Kit and Device abilities will stay in the same toolbar locations when swapping Kits and Devices. This has been one of those Quality-of-Life issues that have niggled since Season 2, so it's nice to see it done.

Slight corollary to this bug - The toolbar buttons for Pets, Fireworks, and other Inventory item abilities still move around when the corresponding item is moved in the inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
The OPTION was there, but it never ACTUALLY enabled DX11.
Not entirely sure on that, as I wasn't the only person who noticed performance improvements with it enabled after the option was removed. As stated, it was possible to force the option even after it was removed from the graphics menu.

In terms of the changes to the skill tree. I do really like the new look. In terms of points, I do feel a bit short. I'm not going to ask for the 25% back but I do think you've got the amount right for ground. 5% added to space though would be nice, maybe in a percent or two bit more. (;

The lighting around Earth is very dim. This never used to be the case. Depending on the distance from the planet and whether I'm closer to the norther pole or the Equator, things just seem like there isn't enough light.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Not entirely sure on that, as I wasn't the only person who noticed performance improvements with it enabled after the option was removed. As stated, it was possible to force the option even after it was removed from the graphics menu.
The. Option. Was. Never. Functional.
There were other major graphics improvements that went out with Season 4 that had nothing to do with DX11; these are what you noticed.

Please, you're standing on a dead horse.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
I was wondering what that sound was.

I guess it was you hitting your head on your desk.

Quite impressive, given that I'm on the east coast...
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
There were other major graphics improvements that went out with Season 4 that had nothing to do with DX11; these are what you noticed.

Please, you're standing on a dead horse.
You might want to create a new post with the heading of

"Dead Horse, Graveyard, and other things you ask and we have answered multiple times"

Anyways, thanks to you and the team. Have a wonderful holiday break.

Matt