Lt. Commander
# 41
12-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
heh, it's Jeremy. Chris is still that silly unemployed podcaster.

All-Space will see an average of 8% loss in buying power.

I don't know the exact loss an All-Ground build will see. If anyone wants to take my numbers and run with it, they're welcome to.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/skillsx.jpg/

That image show my skills as they are now on Holodeck. Can I match that exactly with the new skill split? If your answer is no then there is a problem.

Upon doing the respec on Tribble I lost 5 of the points spent into Energy Weapons Specialization and all the points I had spent into: Projectile Weapon Specialization, Armor Reinforcements, and Weapon Performance, as well as having to redistribute points differently among the earlier skills. And then I had to do the ground, which at the point I just stopped and logged out of Tribble.

Whatever the loss in buying power for all space is, its unacceptable that I am forced to spend points into skills that affect a part of the game I NEVER PLAY! The only time I ever see my character is when Im on Deep Space Nine, one Earth SpaceDock or in the Winter Wonderland. I dont do Ground PvP, I dont do Ground STFs. I dont need the ground skills (oh and Ive never needed them anyway...because I do just fine without them).
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Edit /10 char
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Skill split: Bad idea. Horrible idea. You have no idea how bad this really is. Take a lesson from Star Wars Galaxies. Drastic changes like this, and yes it is a drastic change, will cause people to leave. The 75/25 split forces people to put points in places they don't want them or even have any use for them. It also forces people to lose points in places they did want them. That basically changes their playstyle and by doing that changes their opinion on this game. Scrap the split, it will do more harm than good. Trust me on this.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon304 View Post
I dont do Ground PvP, I dont do Ground STFs. I dont need the ground skills (oh and Ive never needed them anyway...because I do just fine without them).
That's good for you, but try thinking of other people.

Lt. Commander
# 45
12-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulaya
Skill split: Bad idea. Horrible idea. You have no idea how bad this really is. Take a lesson from Star Wars Galaxies. Drastic changes like this, and yes it is a drastic change, will cause people to leave. The 75/25 split forces people to put points in places they don't want them or even have any use for them. It also forces people to lose points in places they did want them. That basically changes their playstyle and by doing that changes their opinion on this game. Scrap the split, it will do more harm than good. Trust me on this.
Keep the split - it's tidy and the UI looks great. Just remove the flaming point caps! They make no sense! Rank should be the only limiting factor as to what you can spend your skill points on.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Removing point caps would help...some.
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75
Removing point caps would help...some.
And those who it doesn't "help" it doesn't affect at all.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
That's good for you, but try thinking of other people.

Why should I think of other people? Cryptic certainly isnt. Theyre punishing me (and most certainly many others who spec all space) because I dont like to play the ground parts of the game. Now I'm losing skill points in my build because of it. They want to make every toon in the game more alike, where we all have to be equal so that PVP is more fair and everyone will have a chance to try it. They want to have their cake and eat it too...

Seriously, why did we need the split? We have the choice where to put our points, why is that getting taken away from us? Remove the caps, remove the split, let me spend my fraking points where I want to spend them And if you want us to spend points in to ground, then give us 25% more on top of what we have now...
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I wish people would stop dictating to me how I should be playing the game.

If I want to spec all space that SHOULD be *MY* choice. Similarly, if I want to spec all ground that should also be my choice as well... Forcing 75/25 is just... bad.

Duplicate the skill point pool, and have space points and ground points, is a very valid and workable idea. Using one pool of points to covers 2 DIFFERENT specs was never a good idea from the start.. please don't ruin this one chance to correct that mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon304 View Post
Why should I think of other people?
You should think of other people because... you should think of other people. Two wrongs don't make a right.