Lt. Commander
# 861
01-03-2012, 08:50 AM
OK, I don't get it, if more people dislike the forced split them like it. Then why is it still being forced on us? I really dislike ground. Why are you people trying to force me into liking it, at my level I should be allowed to play where I want, the way that I want.
Lt. Commander
# 862
01-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agodlessdeath View Post
OK, I don't get it, if more people dislike the forced split them like it. Then why is it still being forced on us? I really dislike ground. Why are you people trying to force me into liking it, at my level I should be allowed to play where I want, the way that I want.
*Sigh* dig through this long thread, Geko posted a long analysis of every post in it and in a nutshell there is no definitive consensus that the skill split is universally disliked. In fact IIRC, other than 3 very vocal people who posted almost half the negative feedback, the numbers were pretty much a toss up between in favor and indifferent.

Geko, look forward to your recent changes in regards to the floater points. I'm reasonably certain even without running a respec that my build should be very near (or on par) with my existing holodeck combo.
Lt. Commander
# 863
01-03-2012, 10:28 AM
So basically they raised the Skill cap? or did they just allow more points spread?
Lt. Commander
# 864
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
As I understand it the only thing that is going to change is the ratio of 'fixed points' to 'flex points'.

The total points, point cost, 75/25 split, etc, everything else stays the same.

You still have the same total number of points at end game, then you subtract the new, larger 'flex pool'. The difference is then split between the remaining 'fixed point' pools, which is still a 75/25 split, but both the '75% space pool' amount of points and the '25% ground pool' amount of points are now smaller numbers than they used to be because some points were taken from each 'fixed pool' and given to the 'flex pool'.
Lt. Commander
# 865
01-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
So basically they raised the Skill cap? or did they just allow more points spread?
They basically will be raising the skill cap to allow more flexible points spending. By doing this for ground players at VA we get about an 8k of flexible points to use. We donít have to use them in ground, but we can. But we arenít limited to 92k of points from the total VA allowed points; weíll be able to spend up to 100k.

On the flip side, iirc, since I donít have access to STO at this moment, itís a 25K increase for space players CAP at VA, thus giving them up to 25k of flexible points that they can use in either ground or space from the Tribble build. They can use all 300k on space then add to ground.

Thus they arenít really raising how many points we get, but they are raising the cap level to allow more flexible points to be spent. Hence the Space/Ground note wonít reflect a true 75:25 split of points for the skill charts, unless Iím reading Gekoís requirement wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 866
01-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerjrj View Post
They basically will be raising the skill cap to allow more flexible points spending. By doing this for ground players at VA we get about an 8k of flexible points to use. We donít have to use them in ground, but we can. But we arenít limited to 92k of points from the total VA allowed points; weíll be able to spend up to 100k.

On the flip side, iirc, since I donít have access to STO at this moment, itís a 25K increase for space players CAP at VA, thus giving them up to 25k of flexible points that they can use in either ground or space from the Tribble build. They can use all 300k on space then add to ground.

Thus they arenít really raising how many points we get, but they are raising the cap level to allow more flexible points to be spent. Hence the Space/Ground note wonít reflect a true 75:25 split of points for the skill charts, unless Iím reading Gekoís requirement wrong.
SOunds like a good idea. I can't wait to get home and see what I can do with it.
Lt. Commander
# 867
01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Ya know at first i was like why are they makeing people split there space and ground skill points , well after running nearly 100 stfs on holodeck alone sence the stfs revamps, and seeing all these week people in space stfs with no power , i mean they must have everything they can in there ground skills, need to be made to put some skills points in space, cause my time is valuable, and as an engineer in a cruser and i have more firepower then alot of these tacs in pug groups, something is wrong, the pug groups i have to run with sometimes it's bad enough alot of them dont want to work with the group but no firepower ontop of it is crazy. so if people gonna be running space stfs they need to have a decent set up for it.
Lt. Commander
# 868 Nothing more than a NERF!
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
OK, so I finaly had some time to get over to tribble and ck out the skill point revamp. It's a NERF, nothing more, nothing less. Comparable stats are as follows.

Excel, same toon cloned to tribble, same equipment, same everything;

TRIBBLE - LIVE
Bonus Def 44.1% - 55.3%
Hull 50,701 - 49,519
Repair 184.9% - 190.4%
Shields 8,621 - 8662
Resists 32.8 - 32.8
Bonus ACC 14.2% - 15%
Crit 3.4 - 3.4
Sev 59.0% - 59.1%
Turn 11.5 - 13.1

Perhaps the most disturbing problem here is not being able to spend all your points on tribble either.

TRIBBLE

Ground 91,000
Spent Space 272,000
MAX Space 273,000
Available 599 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Haven't you had enough people leave this game over your NGE type development? Looks like you won't be happy until EV1 heads to TOR or where-ever they end up. ARE YOU PEOPLE DELIBERATLY TRYING TO KILL YOUR OWN GAME? You want out of that CBS contract that bad? After all, it worked for SOE, didn't it?

Geko, sorry but this is nothing more than a C6CD (Chapter 6 Combat Downgrade) on the back end of an NGE that has already NERFED players into oblivian. You know it and so do I.
Lt. Commander
# 869
01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
OK, so I finaly had some time to get over to tribble and ck out the skill point revamp. It's a NERF, nothing more, nothing less. Comparable stats are as follows.

Excel, same toon cloned to tribble, same equipment, same everything;

TRIBBLE - LIVE
Bonus Def 44.1% - 55.3%
Hull 50,701 - 49,519
Repair 184.9% - 190.4%
Shields 8,621 - 8662
Resists 32.8 - 32.8
Bonus ACC 14.2% - 15%
Crit 3.4 - 3.4
Sev 59.0% - 59.1%
Turn 11.5 - 13.1

Perhaps the most disturbing problem here is not being able to spend all your points on tribble either.

TRIBBLE

Ground 91,000
Spent Space 272,000
MAX Space 273,000
Available 599 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Haven't you had enough people leave this game over your NGE type development? Looks like you won't be happy until EV1 heads to TOR or where-ever they end up. ARE YOU PEOPLE DELIBERATLY TRYING TO KILL YOUR OWN GAME? You want out of that CBS contract that bad? After all, it worked for SOE, didn't it?

Geko, sorry but this is nothing more than a C6CD (Chapter 6 Combat Downgrade) on the back end of an NGE that has already NERFED players into oblivian. You know it and so do I.
They're changing the amounts you'll be able to spend on the two different areas so you'll be able to get more into each.
It's also worth noting the CrtH and CrtD status on the status page doesn't appear to work either so it's pointless listing those, Accuracy though shouldn't have changed. None of my characters are Accurate yet they're all at 15% IIRC.
Lt. Commander
# 870
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
They're changing the amounts you'll be able to spend on the two different areas so you'll be able to get more into each.
It's also worth noting the CrtH and CrtD status on the status page doesn't appear to work either so it's pointless listing those, Accuracy though shouldn't have changed. None of my characters are Accurate yet they're all at 15% IIRC.
I have points in ACC and the stat went down. I seen the latest mess from Cryptic posts. The large fact here is defence ratings drop again, drasticly. And this is after I have already incured a drop with the 1st mess they called a re-vamp.

This is nothing more than what SOE did with C6CD. NERF every player toon so they can add more development (probably here it will have something to do with the C-Store and actual money paid into it) just to get back what you had before all the NERFs in the 1st place. Nothing more than LAZY development, period. Instead of developing something new, with new NPCs, new areas, you know like an expansion or just more content, it's NERF players and make an attempt ot have all the existing content "new", again.

You know what Cryptic? Just because you have NERFED my toon to shreads, killing the breen will NEVER be "new" to me again no matter how "difficult" you end up making it via NERFs. Try some actual coding for once, it may help developers get off this revamp (lazy) streak and it may just help your game and your player count.