Lt. Commander
# 31
12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
It certainly should be two pools of points. One pool is UBER-confusing, trying to figure out where to spend to unlock the next level.

Also, with my Science char, I was NOT able to spend my points to match the skills I have now at Tier 5, while spending the previous ones as identically as I could. Before I was able to have a single tier 5 skill at 9, three skills at 4, one skill at 3, and one skill at 2 (all Space). Now, when the Tier 5 unlocks, I can only have 1 skill at 9, two at 3, and two skills at 1. The other points MUST go into ground. So that's a pretty big effect.

Also, they really should consider making all the points-totals divisible, so you don't end up with 500 left over...
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimer View Post
It certainly should be two pools of points. One pool is UBER-confusing, trying to figure out where to spend to unlock the next level.

Also, with my Science char, I was NOT able to spend my points to match the skills I have now at Tier 5, while spending the previous ones as identically as I could. Before I was able to have a single tier 5 skill at 9, three skills at 4, one skill at 3, and one skill at 2 (all Space). Now, when the Tier 5 unlocks, I can only have 1 skill at 9, two at 3, and two skills at 1. The other points MUST go into ground. So that's a pretty big effect.

Also, they really should consider making all the points-totals divisible, so you don't end up with 500 left over...
(Aloha, sir!)

Actually, I hadn't rightly considered the effect of the 'unlock threshold' of the T5 skills. With them being so expensive, it seems to me that it will be very difficult to allocate a worthwile amount of points in to any more than one or two trees if you're a 'jack of all trades'...

I need to have a play with this when I get home, I suspect...
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-22-2011, 12:32 PM

first off:

F*** no.

<ctrl+v * 10e2154564861>

second off:

2 pools.

third off:

NO nerfing of space skills, just give us the damn ability to have a SINGLE character for both space and ground combat
that is all.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Two immediate suggestions which echo previous comments:

1) Make the space and ground skill point pools entirely seperate, the current system does not work well and is not intuitive. Don't try to make the new system work under the old one pool model, it's a mess.

2) Related to first comment; leave the current space skill point total intact and give us an additional pool of ground skill points worth 25% of the space skill pool. This way nobody's current space skills are affected and people will have a new pool of points to play around with ground skills in.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Also introduce trait respec. Traits got cahnged a lot in these revamps.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Wait...you are actually serious aren't you? I do not PvP. I Spent my points in space where I wished to spend them. My Points/My choice. Get the key word there? My. Mine. Belonging to me. Earned by me, used by me. To Force this on us is not bringing balance, its bringing yet another reason to wonder if ANYONE is awake at the helm!
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-23-2011, 09:37 AM
What the hell is up with the two pools? Why is there a limit on where I can Spend my points? Please unf**k this.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimer View Post

How is one pool confusing? This two thing is a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agodlessdeath View Post
How is one pool confusing? This two thing is a joke.
It sounds like they are wanting to limit people from sandbagging their ground or space skills to be too powerful and bring balance to the game especially during PVP events. I do not agree with the sandbagging concept, but I REALLY do not agree with this kind of limitation. As I have mentioned in the forums in the past, I do not mind GAINING functionality, but it is unacceptable to LOSE functionality.

I commend Cryptic's efforts to make the game better, but I resent when an "authority" feels they know what is best for the masses. The masses will discover what is best for themselves on their own.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Another skill tree change? wow don't they have bugs and other stuff that need to be fixed? why not give us back the old skill tree that made the game more fun and challenging yet rewarding and satisfying at the same time instead of running and changing everything to make it easy for the person who doesnt want to make the effort to get better through trial and error? Not trying to rant or troll but seriously we don't need another skill tree change and i think we know that time could be better spent fixing adding and fleshing out so many other things on here instead