Lt. Commander
# 21
12-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
But to be honest, I'm not really trying for a ship - I've been collecting scarves. It's all about the fashion for me. XD
My wife and I are also trying to collect all the scarves. My four toons all have at least one, and her toon hasn't earned one yet due to a comically pathetic overload of some of the gewgaws and a ludicrously skimpy underdistribution of others. Translation: she's got boatloads of candles and bells, but she needs some incense and ornaments.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I doubt you can win a Jem'hadar ship for free, just doing races, they want players to buy boxes from C-Store, more and more. I guess Q, isnt the Real Q, this race looks like a Ferengi plot
Anyways, it will be easier to find a Klingon, watching Hannah Montana than getting a Jem'Hadar ship just racing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrular
I doubt you can win a Jem'hadar ship for free, just doing races, they want players to buy boxes from C-Store, more and more. I guess Q, isnt the Real Q, this race looks like a Ferengi plot
Anyways, it will be easier to find a Klingon, watching Hannah Montana than getting a Jem'Hadar ship just racing.
Hey,

Worf had the Best of Both Worlds :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-22-2011, 01:52 PM
For the record, 140+ races, no reds, 8 blues.....
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
I guess Q, isnt the Real Q, this race looks like a Ferengi plot
Isn't Q in the game supposed to be the son of Q (John de Lancie's character) and Q (Suzie Plakson's character)?
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
Isn't Q in the game supposed to be the son of Q (John de Lancie's character) and Q (Suzie Plakson's character)?
Correct.

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I forget how many races I've done between my five characters. On the first day, each got either a red or blue box. Then after that... nothing but greens.

I've tried runs where I raced like total rubbish. I've done flawless and fast runs too using motion accelerator and the winter tribble for added traction.

It doesn't seem to affect my results.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
I've won two of them from red boxes I got in the race.:p Incredibly long odds, yes, but not impossible.

If it makes any difference, you can buy the red boxes on the exchange for about 3 million EC, so you don't have to waste money in the C-store if you don't want to.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Cryptic should have implemented box drops across all aspects of the game ad proportional rarities.
Lt. Commander
# 30 No red for me ... yet
12-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I've been running the race every day since the event started with 8 toons. (Except for one KDF who had to sit out 2 days when they raised the level requirement.) I've seen mostly green boxes, with some blues. I don't have hard numbers, but I'd guess the drop rate of blue vs green is roughly 10%. I haven't gotten any red boxes yet.

I'm guessing the drop rate for red boxes is on the order of 0.65%, or roughly 1 in 153.8. Assuming the drop rate of Jem'Hadar ships from a red box is also 0.65%, that makes the odds of getting a Jem'Hadar ship by running the race roughly 1 in 23,668.6.

For the record, I don't expect to get a Jem'Hadar ship from the race, nor do I plan to spend C-store points on buying red boxes. I already have the other items that might drop out of a red box, so I don't see much point (for me, anyway).