Lt. Commander
# 1 Will my Gold become Silver?
12-22-2011, 04:09 AM
My subcription is about to end.
If i let it lapse, this week, will I be able to just log in "Jan 17th" as a Silver player and not lose anything I had before?
ie, Characters-3, My better than just 48 Inventory and Bank slots, gears etc

Will it actually require me to do anything when jan 17th comes?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2011, 04:23 AM
As far as I understood you loose all things that have been part of the gold membership. Bankslots, inventoryslots, BO-slots, shipslots, charslots,.... You are not loosing BOs, ships or items. Somhow your char has to be downgradet by the support (or something like that). But the Infos I have are a little bit old. Maybe tho one or other thing has already been changed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2011, 04:39 AM
well that is discouraging news
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-22-2011, 04:56 AM
ok, so i heard from else where that I won't lose 1 charater, but will get the reduced number bank and inventory.

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-22-2011, 05:09 AM
As far as I know, anything you have earned, you will keep. But bank slots and inventory slots will go away and you will otherwise have the same restrictions of every other silver member. You will also have a 100 million EC limit with the inability to earn more until you spend some. You also lose the auto-refine function for your dilithium and will have to log in daily to refine it where gold members only have to log in once per week.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-22-2011, 05:15 AM
It's very unclear. I'd assume you'll lose everything.. inventory, bank slots, bridge officer slots, ship slots, etc. Anything that silver members shouldn't have, unless you paid for them. Others are saying that as long as your boff's slots are filled and you had an account before the switch over, you'll get to keep them. But who knows.

It'd be nice if existing members got to keep some of the stuff as a bonus, but I can't imagine that will be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2011, 05:18 AM
In Champions f2p, when I logged into f2p, i had to choose 2 out of like, 6 characters and lose the rest. I don't see this "not" happening in STO. Unless STO f2p is somehow different.

I kept unlocked, anything I paid c store pts for though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
In Champions f2p, when I logged into f2p, i had to choose 2 out of like, 6 characters and lose the rest. I don't see this "not" happening in STO. Unless STO f2p is somehow different.

I kept unlocked, anything I paid c store pts for though.
Were any of those slots earned via ranking up? From what I understand is you will only lose the slots you earned via ranking up and not those you earned via vet rewards or those you purchased.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-22-2011, 05:30 AM
My guess would be you will lose it all. Hopefully they will allow you to transfer characters to Tribble as "silver" toons so people can compare the difference.

Another question related to this. Can you purchase more slots before logging in to retain what you would otherwise lose?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Ok, I think i will plan for the worst then to make sure.

One more question guys: i am currently a 200 day Vet, well i "lose" my Vet benefits?
i know my days won't continue but will i keep the
100 Days
■Stalwart Accolade and Title
■FREE Full Respec
■FREE Costume Piece Alternate Future Variant Badge
■A 2% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost

200 Days
■Redoubtable Accolade and Title
■FREE Extra Ship Slot
■FREE Costume Piece Special Veteran Uniform Option
■A 3% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost

Since i have charcters wearing the "Uniforn options", will they be stripped of them?
I can see losing the skill bonus, but my pretty things too?