Lt. Commander
# 11
12-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Yes, you lose ranked up things IF they differ from the subscription model formula. I definetly lost Inventory slots, but if i had purchased extra slots I would have the extra purchased from c store.

Go by the chart they posted one time, if anything number wise differs for example, if you have 22 boffs active, and chart says silver gets 12, you have 12. BUT If 4 are purchased from that 22, you would have 16.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Yes, I do believe you WILL lose your Vet rewards which will become "Locked" until you convert to Gold. I recall reading Vet rewards are Gold, and not Silver benefits.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwellh
Ok, I think i will plan for the worst then to make sure.

One more question guys: i am currently a 200 day Vet, well i "lose" my Vet benefits?

Since i have charcters wearing the "Uniforn options", will they be stripped of them?
I can see losing the skill bonus, but my pretty things too?
As far as I know you own that status forever. So I'm going to say that you will keep those vet rewards, but I cannot attest to if they will be usable as silver. Your counter is just going to stop counting until you go back gold.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Since i have charcters wearing the "Uniforn options", will they be stripped of them?

Again, and I hate saying it, but yes. I believe your Jupiter and Vet uniforms will become locked on you unless re-subbed as Gold.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
As far as I know you own that status forever. So I'm going to say that you will keep those vet rewards, but I cannot attest to if they will be usable. Your counter is just going to stop counting until you go back gold.
Correct, to clarify, you "lock them on you" until/if you choose to go Gold. They are never "permenently" deleted from the STO databases on you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Ok, I think i will plan for the worst then to make sure.

One more question guys: i am currently a 200 day Vet, well i "lose" my Vet benefits?
i know my days won't continue but will i keep the
100 Days
■Stalwart Accolade and Title
■FREE Full Respec
■FREE Costume Piece Alternate Future Variant Badge
■A 2% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost

200 Days
■Redoubtable Accolade and Title
■FREE Extra Ship Slot
■FREE Costume Piece Special Veteran Uniform Option
■A 3% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost

You keep anything you paid for, that should count for veteran rewards as well, since you technically paid for those. But again, we can only guess at this point.

It's also possible F2P players will be able to earn veteran reward (although you'd start again from day 1). I know Everquest is doing this, but I have no idea if other Cryptic games have. But if F2P members are sticking around and supporting the game, I see no reason why they shouldn't get them.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
well that is discouraging news
it's encouraging to stay subbed
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Yes, I do believe you WILL lose your Vet rewards which will become "Locked" until you convert to Gold. I recall reading Vet rewards are Gold, and not Silver benefits.
This is contrary to my understanding, See here, first FAQ. This number shouldn't go down since it's based on the number of days you were billed for your subscription. However you won't gain any new vet rewards. So in essence, the vet rewards you earned should be safe.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-22-2011, 07:06 AM
I'd have to dig up the F2P matrix they posted, but I recall it saying Vet rewards are locked to silver and unlocked to Gold.

UPDATE- confirmed you lose the access to vet rewards see here.

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-22-2011, 07:19 AM
ok then, i will definately plan for the worse then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi
it's encouraging to stay subbed
I would love to stay subbed, but the finaces just were not in it this month.
It actually came down to my last few bucks, after all the needed bills and christams presents for the kids were paid, that I either paid for a subcription or paid for internet... lol
Hopefully after the "Holidays" money slump, i'll be able to sub again.