Lt. Commander
There should be a way for people who do not want to be in a joined group with other players to get STF ground and ship equipment. I ask and beg for this to be offered in the cryptic C store as well as stf missions.

My reasoning is this.... I cringe when I read postings in the game from people who play STF missions 24/7. They are very berating to players, like myself, who work, go to school, and have families that take most of our time. We log in to enjoy the STO experience and to have the oppertunity to get the gear that those who live in the game 24/7 receive.

STO should allow players like myself and I dare say a great percentage of other players to receive the same STF gear in those stores. It's only fair for everyone.

Anyone with a negative view of my statements here will prove my point that we should all have an equal playing field of oppertunity to achieve the same things. We should not have to join a STF mission of veteran 24/7 players who berate us for being inexperienced in a mission that they have done hundreds of times.

A separate suggestion would be to offer STF rewards to people who in missions that are not considered borg task force missions (such as Breaking the planet, Romulan temple fleet action, and gekli feeding.)

Now everyone will berate me with a ton of negative comments. But again, it will prove the points that i have made here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't want to see it in the store but if we could craft it (or something similar) like the Aegis set, I'd be pretty happy with that.

It'd be cool if we could get the Encrypted Data Chips in other ways though - the Borg invasions for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2011, 08:52 AM
I agree with you that players should not berate one-another. They should just play the game for the sake of having fun playing the game. However, some players play the game as a mean to an end, that end being to obtain the gear. I know it's a circular motive because what do you do after you've got the gear and all that, however that's not going to change their motives and playstyle.

What you probably should look into is trying to find like-minded players who would take a relaxed approach to the playing the STF's. This will take longer than just buying the gear from the C-Store but may be more fun in the long run because you'd be playing with like-minded people.

Another thing to consider, lets say Cryptic does put the gear in the C-Store, and you buy it. Then what? What if the gear does give you such an advantage that normal enemies are trivialized by the gear-level alone? Would you increase the difficulty and play only on Elite? Would you say the game's become too easy? How would this affect game balancing? How would the community feel about having such gear put on the C-Store when we already have people upset about Pay-to-Win and all that and the game hasn't even re-launched in F2P mode?

I think there's plenty more to think about before calling for those gear items to be put on the C-Store. In my opinion it may satisfy you and others like you, but in the long run I think STO is already too gear-based and instead of sharpening the focus on gear, the focus should sway more towards investing Cryptics' time into actual content like Featured Episodes and storytelling.

Perhaps if Cryptic made a series of story-based missions (that would take to complete as long as it takes to grind STF's for the gear) that will at their end have gear items as rewards, that would be a solution I could stand behind.

TL;DR :: putting the highest tier gear on the C-Store would simply speed up the realization of how stale STO's max-level content is and that's not worth the extra short-term income from people who would most likely stop spending money after they've finally achieved their goals by paying money rather than playing the game and being exposed to more subtle incentives to spend more money in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
I am fine with the current system. My only complaint is that I think the costs to actually get the gear is a bit too high. I think it is reasonable to do 10 STFs or so to get a piece of the MK X gear. In just over a month (assuming you hit a STF weekend here and there and get a few lucky drops) you could have a whole MKX set just playing a few times a week.

I do however have a couple of gripes:
The first is about the MKX gear not unlocking the costume options, frankly, it should all unlock the new costume pieces, regardless of rank.

The second is that there are not enough STFs. I really like the new STF format, it needs some working on to smooth the story flow (How about a skippable cut scene at the beginning of each segment, maybe with VO?) but there are just too few to not have to do crazy grinding. Also, by making it "Borg Salvage" you have limited where you can expand the STFs into. What if you want to do an Iconian STF, or an entirely Undine STF, or a Dominion STF?

I do have to wonder though, Cryptic is talking about raising the max level sometime in the future, what happens to all that gear you've grround (grinded?) for. I know other games all that high level gear has simply become worthless, I hope cryptic doesn't go that route. Expand horizontally crpytic, not vertically!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronH View Post
I am fine with the current system. My only complaint is that I think the costs to actually get the gear is a bit too high.
... this ! ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2011, 09:00 AM
maybe not c-points but dilithium, as currently dilithium is useless as a currency.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno-P View Post
maybe not c-points but dilithium, as currently dilithium is useless as a currency.
No, they sould not be made available in the c-store. The whole idea around them is that you have to work to get them.
I do agree that they should be made available to buy from the same vendors for dilithium instead.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2011, 09:10 AM
In C-store? um...... NO.
Buy with Dilithium? um..... NO (This is the same as C-store).
Lt. Commander
# 9 sets
12-23-2011, 09:17 AM
I am in agreement , that there should be a ground set that is Craftable , usefull against the Borg , that is ;

A Personal Sheild Generator,

An Armor

And , a Device , Not A Weapon !

I cannot emphise enough that a craftable gear set that would contain bonuses for use against the Borg, NOT Contain A WEAPON !

Let the Players CHOOSE what weapon to Use against the Borg .
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylpha
There should be a way for people who do not want to be in a joined group with other players to get STF ground and ship equipment. I ask and beg for this to be offered in the cryptic C store as well as stf missions.
You want soloable group content? Sure, why not. I've always wanted the fleet action trophies too.

Quote:
My reasoning is this.... I cringe when I read postings in the game from people who play STF missions 24/7. They are very berating to players, like myself, who work, go to school, and have families that take most of our time.
You cringe because some people are mean on the internet?

Quote:
STO should allow players like myself and I dare say a great percentage of other players to receive the same STF gear in those stores. It's only fair for everyone.
Why stop there? I don't have the time to level up commendations or get 120k dilithium for a ship.

Quote:
Anyone with a negative view of my statements here will prove my point that we should all have an equal playing field of oppertunity to achieve the same things. We should not have to join a STF mission of veteran 24/7 players who berate us for being inexperienced in a mission that they have done hundreds of times.

Now everyone will berate me with a ton of negative comments. But again, it will prove the points that i have made here.
You should be berated for baiting. What you did is no different from posting "anyone who disagrees with me is trolling."