Lt. Commander
# 21
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Now I've spent a not so mall fortune of Dilithium, (at least a third of the conversion balance) on my main for 'unique' DOFF from the DOFF Requistion Officer Store at Starfleet Academy... (Since he's already a ranked Diplomat, all 4 Tiers of the Diplomacy DOFF selections are unlocked.) And this has proven to be a useful investment, as with the higher quality DOFF to start with, he is advancing in the other catagories far more quickly then my other characters due to those higher mission criticals percentages...
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
It's interesting that this pattern is probably the exact opposite of what Cryptic wanted with the Dilithium Exchange - players with a hoard of Dilithium they can cash in for C-Points doesn't make Cryptic any money. If they want to make money out of the D-Exchange, there needs to be stuff in-game worth spending Dilithium on...
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
I bought a Photon Torpedo at Omega and some DOFFs at Starfleet Academy, with dilithium I had.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisPrime View Post
It's interesting that this pattern is probably the exact opposite of what Cryptic wanted with the Dilithium Exchange - players with a hoard of Dilithium they can cash in for C-Points doesn't make Cryptic any money. If they want to make money out of the D-Exchange, there needs to be stuff in-game worth spending Dilithium on...
Still... for there to be so many C-Points on the Exchange, Sombody at some point bought them...

And it seems likely that people are still buying them...

The Exchange seems to always have several thousand C-points for sale every day.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-22-2011, 10:40 AM
I've spent quite a bit so far (at least 60K going by my back of the envelope calculations). Some of it got spent on DOffs but most spent on ship gear (through crafting). Prior to Season 5 my main had Phaser weapons equipped to save skill points but with the skill tree revamped I decided to switch to Anti-Protons. While I did get a few weapons through Rare Borg Salvage on STFs most of my new weapons and the new consoles I needed (both for Tactical and Science due to the consoles change) were crafted using Dilitium.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisPrime View Post
Yup and if they made all the stf gear available to buy with dilithium instead of creating yet another splintered economy, just like the last one, I would have gladly spent all mine and probably bought more
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Still... for there to be so many C-Points on the Exchange, Sombody at some point bought them...

And it seems likely that people are still buying them...

The Exchange seems to always have several thousand C-points for sale every day.
True, but then again most days I'm posting 600-1500 worth of C-Points for sale - I sell 'em then I buy them again and around and around it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Yup and if they made all the stf gear available to buy with dilithium instead of creating yet another splintered economy, just like the last one, I would have gladly spent all mine and probably bought more
+1

Even if you could use some Dilithium instead of EDCs. In fact, the whole STF thing is weird - the 'Rare' Borg Salvage can only be used for the Standard Issue gear yet it's harder to get than the EDCs. If you want the Special Reserve stuff then any rare salvage you get is only good for uh... turning into more Dilithium...
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I use it a bit for gear here and there, but mostly for either unlocking foundry slots or trading for c-points.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-22-2011, 11:05 AM
The only thing I will spend Dilithium on is buying C-points.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmendel46 View Post
The only thing I will spend Dilithium on is buying C-points.
At this point, similar story here.

And once I have the last two or three things I want I doubt I'll buy anything at all with any form of currency until or unless something new arrives which I want.

I thought about selling off some of my excess stipend once, but I've decided I'll hoard both my dil and C-points and only ever spend each to get more of the other if necessary.

I'm hoping if enough others do the same from apathy or a desire to keep a stock of currency that the exchange will collapse.