Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 "Academy hunt"
01-07-2012, 01:55 PM
When I go on the "Academy hunt" I always try to show a good bit of COURTESY. I never interfere with a fight in progress etc.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
wups >.<
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-07-2012, 04:24 PM
It's not this bad at the Klingon Academy...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-14-2012, 06:14 AM
At the Academy event I usually find people actually helping each other with kills.
Or maybe they just want to get the after combat dash.

It was on the Klink side that I noticed all these gray balls. How is that griefing btw?
I just thought it was some overexited noob who repeatedly forgot to collect his orb.

Though overall this event BADLY needs more instancing. What you´re seeing now will seem positively idyllic after F2P hits.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoe1574 View Post
When I go on the "Academy hunt" I always try to show a good bit of COURTESY. I never interfere with a fight in progress etc.
I don't see anything discourteous about helping someone defeat their Klink and then continuing on my way.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
I don't see anything discourteous about helping someone defeat their Klink and then continuing on my way.
No offence but I would hope that at a Vice Admiral level one would be able to handle one Klingon. lol!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoe1574 View Post
No offence but I would hope that at a Vice Admiral level one would be able to handle one Klingon. lol!
You never know who's on the business end of the Klink. Could be a lowly Lieutenant.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-16-2012, 04:52 AM
I personally hate it when someone "helps out" and takes on the holo-klingon spawned for me. It's not that I'm unappreciative but I mean the holo-klinks are scaled to my level so help isn't really needed. Very often I like to whip out my laser bat'leth and go all medieval on the Klingons but when someone "helps", my Klingon turns away from me and starts chasing after them. Meaning I have to go chasing after the Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Personally, I don't mind if someone gets involved with the Klingon Hologram combat part. So freaking many of the particles collapse (I had a run of 25 straight that collapsed, since then this even has been renamed "The Exercise of Futility") You need to move fast to get the particles. If an outsider helps take down the hologram a little faster, that's fine with me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylonus
i caught one player run off as soon he see "hologram" hostile, then i was faced with 3 klingon alone that not mine, hate those griefers, making me work hard to kill and they run around 'collected' at others' expenses.

it need different coding, make it follow whoever scanned who was trying to run away.
stop "shealth-mode" and dumping on other player exploits.

or scrap blue orb scan event or relocate event to "Solo" timed event zones.
also need to avoid VA hologram killing off low level players, they cant survive 1 shotted.

another thing, i am getting tired of making multiple hits (15-20 hits on VA holos), it no fun when you are rushed when others are stealing the scanning. these holo should have low health matching at cadets, not scaled to VA. (4-5 hits seem enough).
It would be easier to just put in an order for them and have them delivered to you in your mail box, or your storage for free.

That way you could just log off and go to sleep and wake up the next day and they will be there for you.