Lt. Commander
# 51
12-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I think all the graphics, toolbars, hot buttons, keys, items and components should be reduced to the point where its one cartoony button labelled 'engage'. Even then, that button will later be changed to 'play'. Just to help the new audience.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEvilDude
Actually, now i've starting thinking about it further..

As Kobayashi Maru stated there are too many admirals. I really think they need to push down the ranks.

At the end of the day, the levels are separate from the ranks. I dont really care what my rank is as long as i "level up" and get to use more of my skills and get a better ship. There is no reason a low ranking officer cant be in charge of a smaller ship (it happens in real life that a Lt Cmdr will be in charge of a small ship) and the game does this anyway by having "ooo we need lots of new captains so we will throw a load of ensigns out into space to command a ship".

They also slipped up by not using the Lieutenant junior grade.
i have a good way to fix the va problem. if you do the command /played it shows how much time is spent on that toon. we can all level up. but the va should be tied into either /played or being subed and make the new rank a vet award. also if you want that va rank (remember that your still level 50) faster then the first vet reward grants a 1.2% faster rank title. rank 2 of vet rewards gives 2% faster rank up title ect.....

cant get my ideas across so well in writing. but even if you arent subed you can still get title ranks. just being subed helps getting the titles faster with the vet reward system.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.A.Price
Again, please consider allowing the players to choose how this affects their game play experience. I never mind gaining functionality, but it is unacceptable to lose functionality. There are some missions I may wish to overlook and not play, but that should not keep me from playing other parts of the game. I believe that mission availability should be determined by the level of the character and not a dictated track decided by someone else. Side Note: For Featured Episodes, I can understand making them sequential in play for the first time as they usually have an arcing story line.
This. For me, I found both DS9 on TV, and the DS9 stories on STO, quite boring. Not to mention the pathing for your bridge officers on the final DS9 episode is STILL broken, so I have to heard them like cattle to get where we need to go.

I have, up till now, skipped these stories, but now on new characters, I'm forced to play them.

It's NOT fun. It's a snooze fest for me, and I hate it. And yes, I know there's a "Skip" button, but you can't skip that very last, broken, mind-numbingly irritating, lava-swimming Bridge Officer, travesty of an episode.

The game should be fun. We should be able to skip ALL missions we don't want to play. Period.
End of line.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-26-2011, 05:36 PM
I appreciate those changes, it's just making unneccessarily complicated things more simple.
But I'd also want this to be implemented as well:

Crewman 0 (Tutorial Rank)
Ensign 0 - 9
Lt 10 - 19
Lt. Commander 20 - 29
Commander 30 - 39
Captain 40 - 50

Maybe shift the ranks even another time and call 0-9 Cadet.