Lt. Commander
# 11
12-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulaya
Not really, no. It's easy to completely skip ground skills altogether.
yep.. you didn't need to spent a single point... the only time when I spent points in the ground tree was, when I wanted Science Team 3... :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
My current build on Holodeck has 0, null, zero, and zer0 points in ground... all are in space.. Why? cuz I don't do ground AT ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoe1574 View Post
We have always had to put “some” Skill points in to our ground skills. Always.

I Grant you I would love to have a “Switch” that you could flip all your ground skill points in for space skills like for 2 part STF’s..

Example: “I have destroyed the Borg armada. Now I need all my skills to defeat the Borg on the ground”. Flip the switch. Now that would be fun!! Hehe!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Are you saying that you don't like the fact that you have to put points in ground, or are you saying that you want the max skill points able to be spent on space skills increased?
I don't want to put any points in ground.. I NEVER do ground missions of any kind. Right now, I have no skill points in ground at all on holodeck-- all are in space.

Quote:
If they made it so that you didn't 'have' to spend any points in ground -- say for instance that there was no rank / unlock thing and you could just spend points in whatever skill (space or ground) that you wanted to at any time -- but they still had the same limit for the max amount of points that you could spend on space skills, would you be happy with that? Or are you really asking for them to remove the cap on how many points you can spend on space skills?
That is how it is now on holodeck. Still the same number of points that I can spend however I wish, but I am not FORCED to spending 25% on abilities I will never use.

Quote:
If you want the max space skills points cap increased, would you also say that you want the potential to max out on all space skills?
If they keep it the way it is now on tribble, they will need to increase the max skill points cap by 25% so I can still put the 25% into ground, but have the same skill loadout that I have now for space.

Hope I clarified.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpstalker
Perhaps my understanding of the new skill tree isn't the best, but I've only seen ppl complaining about the fact that they won't be better than "hybrids" anymore.

I would really love to have 2 completely separate skill trees.
Not exactly the point I was aiming at.
but, yes. The game as a whole has been smear leveled so to speak to make Hybrids betetr and cripple speciazed builds somewhat.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoe1574 View Post
We have always had to put “some” Skill points in to our ground skills. Always.

I Grant you I would love to have a “Switch” that you could flip all your ground skill points in for space skills like for 2 part STF’s..

Example: “I have destroyed the Borg armada. Now I need all my skills to defeat the Borg on the ground”. Flip the switch. Now that would be fun!! Hehe!
I run elite STF's on ground, without 1 point spent in ground. No one "has" to do anything in the current system, they can CHOOSE.

With the Tribble Iteration, there will be no more choice. Way to go!!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-22-2011, 09:24 PM
This is a GOOD thing for pvp!
Now people who are more casual and spent points on ground and space before can play PVP and not get walked all over without having to have a space dedicated toon.
More people playing PVP is good! Don't whine because you won't be up against people who did not space spec only and you could walk all over them.

This makes pvp much more casual friendly and evens the field quite nicely!
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Omega View Post
If they keep it the way it is now on tribble, they will need to increase the max skill points cap by 25% so I can still put the 25% into ground, but have the same skill loadout that I have now for space.

Hope I clarified.
Actually, the would only need to raise the current 'cap' for space skill spending by about 8%, as that's about all that's lost with the reworked point values for skills.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
I have no problems with this. The game assumes we have gone through an academy and we should have at least basic knowledge in ground skills. Besides now I don't have to see people with 0 points in ground STFS.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon_Kent
This is a GOOD thing for pvp!
Now people who are more casual and spent points on ground and space before can play PVP and not get walked all over without having to have a space dedicated toon.
More people playing PVP is good! Don't whine because you won't be up against people who did not space spec only and you could walk all over them.

This makes pvp much more casual friendly and evens the field quite nicely!
Bollocks... they will get owned again anyway.. ground pvp is more about how to use what skill at what time and of course teamplay... a casual doesn't have anything of that.... so specing into ground wont change a bit for that...
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Our freedom of choice is being stepped on. Our freewill is being crushed. Cryptic is stabbing it's loyal customers in the back... & some people think this is a good thing? Manure! This is what happens in todays' everybody gets a trophy society- what a load of crap. This revamp would have been fine 19 months ago but now is just spitting in the face of people who can read & use their brain. Cryptic can kiss my...