Lt. Commander
# 1 Best Defiant Skill Tree?
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
I have a question. I run a Tactical VA and run almost exclusively on my Defiant.

On Elite STFs I'm noticing I'm dieing like every 30 seconds.

I run heavy cannons and quantum torpedoes.

So my question is this, what do you all recommend would be the best skill tree layout for me?

As I said above, I like to run DHC Phasers or AP (depending on my mood) and Quantum Torps.

My consoles are all from what people have recommended me, so I'm not worried about that. It's either the enemies are programmed to be too strong on the elite STFs or it's my skill tree.

Can I get some help? I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
I have a question. I run a Tactical VA and run almost exclusively on my Defiant.

So my question is this, what do you all recommend would be the best skill tree layout for me?

As I said above, I like to run DHC Phasers or AP (depending on my mood) and Quantum Torps.

My consoles are all from what people have recommended me, so I'm not worried about that. It's either the enemies are programmed to be too strong on the elite STFs or it's my skill tree.

It would help if you show us what your skill tree looks like now http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/
What consoles do you run? What are your power settings?
And elite can instakill cruisers too LOL!!! That's why I don't run elite unless my super healer buddy is with me
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post

Elite STFs are definitely very hard and the Defiant is the "weakest" ship structurally in the game (since it's mostly tactical skills.) Still, it's my favorite. =P

I recommend using your Sci and Eng slots to the max. I use Hazard Team I and II for my Sci slots and EPtoShields and Reverse Shield Polarity for my Eng slots. Between those and some Shield batteries, I can usually survive pretty well. My consoles are all Damage Buffs for Tacs, for Sci I've got the Inertial Dampeners (which reduce the effect of tractor beams) and for Eng I've got the one that gives you +35% shield capacity (Emitter Amplifier maybe?) and EPS Power Transfer. Also, Brace for Impact is your friend.

My defiant deals out some SERIOUS DPS and has decent survivability. Though in a Defiant on an Elite STF, it's difficult not to pop at least a couple time unless you've got some tanks on your team healing you up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm in the Defiant Retrofit as a VA Eng... it helps since I can heal with the space powers that Engineers get.

Hull healing is what I go after so I use HE2 and Aux to SIF along with Ebg Team1. And use attack Pattern Delta for attacks. Buff up your defensive skills with it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2011, 04:30 PM
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...efiantRBuild_0

I just did an elite STF, and did pretty well.

Hope this helps!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks Ham, I'll give that a shot since I have to respec now from that last patch.

Does everyone concur of these stats? Or do they recommend anything better?

I run phaser but ATM AP heavy cannons only with quantum torps.