Lt. Commander
Hey everyone, I'm fairly clued up when it comes to space powers but as soon as I hit ground PvE I feel a bit lost. My Captain I'm playing at the moment is a Vulcan Science officer. Want to concentrate on mainly debuffing skills instead of going down the healing route but unsure what kind of kits and skills to invest points in. If anyone could throw some ideas my way I would appreciate it .

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Check out the Xenobiologist kit, It's one of my favorites.

There are a few different kits that could work for what you want now,
just depends upon what your wanting to debuff.
Scientist, Researcher, etc...

I'll post more specifically after I get back into game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3822 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm fairly clued up when it comes to space powers but as soon as I hit ground PvE I feel a bit lost. My Captain I'm playing at the moment is a Vulcan Science officer. Want to concentrate on mainly debuffing skills instead of going down the healing route but unsure what kind of kits and skills to invest points in. If anyone could throw some ideas my way I would appreciate it .

Cheers
Might be worth waiting until the new ground skill tree hits. If you intend to spend points on ground then it'll (most likely) help you out as the more general skills available will buff more skills, giving more effect for the cost.

If you're going for a debuffer then the Analyst kit is a good kit; it has a shield strip in Tachyon Harmonic, a slow in Anesthysine Gas and a knock back in Sonic Pulse. It also has Triage as a potent AoE heal so it's a good kit.
Personally I love my Physicist kit; it relies on your captain's powers for debuffs but a target softened up by Tricorder Scan and Nanoprobe Infestation then rooted and introduced to Endothermic Induction Field (I much preferred when it was called Thermal Vent) is about to have a really bad day.
Another option that's probably the most powerful of all the Science kits is the Borg Medical Analyser kit. It has Tachyon Harmonic (for PvP there aren't many shields that it won't drain) that is very effective against NPCs that won't clear the shield disable, it also has the full heals of the Medic Kit (minus Triage) so it allows you to be a very effective debuffing medic. Despite preferring the Physicist kit I can't deny just how effective the Borg kit is for STFs.