Lt. Commander
# 21
12-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslyn
True. But the Duty Officer system helps this out a lot. Since you get many Very Rare Bridge Officers from the DOff missions, you can use their Train option to make a Common Alien in to a Rare. Simply give them the Rare Skills since the skill will retain the bonuses of a Rare Quality when transferred to an older Bridge Officer. The only difference in the end is that the character's picture doesn't have a colored border.
While that would give them better skills, that would not give them better traits, would it?

A purple quality boff has "superior" traits. That is what makes them very rare.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
True. But the Duty Officer system helps this out a lot. Since you get many Very Rare Bridge Officers from the DOff missions, you can use their Train option to make a Common Alien in to a Rare. Simply give them the Rare Skills since the skill will retain the bonuses of a Rare Quality when transferred to an older Bridge Officer. The only difference in the end is that the character's picture doesn't have a colored border.
That has nothing to do with Item 1. Skills are not the basis of the quality for a bridge officer. Their traits is what makes them the rarity they are. The better the rarity just gives them a chance to spawn with rare skills. You can still get very rare bridge officers with no rare skills at all. Giving them rare skills doesn't make them better officers they're just common offiers with a rare skill. This is why if you find a BO with the Efficent trait you're paying millions of credits him for.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Added to main Post.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
While that would give them better skills, that would not give them better traits, would it?

A purple quality boff has "superior" traits. That is what makes them very rare.

Seriously? People are more interested with things like a +1% Expose Chance Trait rather than full set of great skills that flatten a group of enemies? Priorities, people! Priorities. :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Seriously? People are more interested with things like a +1% Expose Chance Trait rather than full set of great skills that flatten a group of enemies? Priorities, people! Priorities. :p
Me, personally, I'm interested in both.

I didn't realized that boffs were different colors for a very long time. All throughout the game I pretty much dumped every boff I was given and just stuck with the ones I liked and used. Having extras didn't seem very relevant to me.

But then some ground missions started getting tougher, so I bought a Klingon from ESD to use as a tac officer (can't go wrong there, right?) and he turned out to suck really bad! I expected him to go running up to the targets and attacking them directly, but he sat in the background just shooting at them. (I trained him in all combat skills.)

Then I learned he was "common" and that ALL of my officers were! So I got rid of all of them! I bought purple replacements from the exchange and a bunch more to train them with upgraded skills.

So now I have purple boffs with great skills. :-)

And a new, shiny Klingon tac officer that actually acts like one!
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
No the min/max crowd adds both. 1% just shows you don't know how to use them,

You missed the point of full skills PLUS traits, "flatten" better than you. :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustaud
36. Logging out should return you to the character select screen. As a player with multiple alts it's extremely annoying to keep having to type my password in everytime i want to pickup an item i mailed to a different character.

37. Anomalys in exploration missions do not always give appropriate level materials.

38. Single Cannons are little used. There is just not a situation where they are viable.

39. Turret fire rate needs to be improved. These should fire far more blasts per activation. It not only makes them look better but it will make them a solid choice against beam arrays.
#36 is never gonna get change...

Cryptic stated long ago, in a long thread about this very subject, that this was a Security Device (?) and would not be altered.

(though how it would stop somebody who has obtained your password, is beyond me.)
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
No the min/max crowd adds both. 1% just shows you don't know how to use them,

You missed the point of full skills PLUS traits, "flatten" better than you. :p

*licks the offending tongue* Don't stick that thing out at me! I'll steal it.

You are probably right. Still, I have a hard time doing the Min/Max thing. I know that they are just polygons and textures, but I feel bad about dumping the characters that have been with me since the beginning.

I wish that we could just spend 1000 Bridge Officer Points and raise our old characters to a better color-level.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Added to main post.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustaud
40. Bridge Officers should be able to improve their existing traits like they do skills. Either through existing bridge officer skill points or some new method.

41. Duty Officers should be able to be improved in quality. These officers go out, do missions get roughed up and do all kinds of ridiculous things. They should be able to advance in quality say through having their own xp bars. easy to do as they already have their own personal stat page. Or through using Officer skill points or some new method. It's ridiculous to assume that a character could do all they do and not get better at all. " I know you brokered peace with the Hirogen and got a critical success, but you're still just a common officer and not worth recognition."

42. Ability via the above method to level a Duty Officer to Bridge Officer. You could call it the "Wesley Crusher Method".
#42 FTW! Gosh, that's funny!

And I totally agree about #41. Some of my common doffs have +5%, +10% in the upper right corner of them. I can't recall how, but I thought that was them improving to the next quality. It's not, of course, but clearly they have some type of tracking so #41 really shouldn't be so hard.
Closed Thread