Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Playable Cardassians Thread
12-22-2011, 05:01 PM
The given reason for no playable Cardassians was that in the long run they would be made into their own faction. With the Romulans indefinitely on hold (and in quite a pickle what with the third Featured Episodes featuring Romulans as antagonists) it looks unlikely that a Cardassian faction will be finished and released within the next few years. I think it would be worth adding playable Cardassians to both current factions to satisfy players such as myself who've been longing to play a real Cardassian for quite a long time. Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-23-2011, 01:05 AM
First off I love this except I am an extremely casual player. I have been playing an Alien Cardassian since launch and I am only a commander. I know I hear about how easy it is to get to max level but not for me I am way too casual of a player. My only concern is having to start over. I do agree I would like to have Cardassians as a race i am just not a fan of starting over.

With that aside I say anything that adds Cardasssians to the game I love!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Klingons are a playable race, and a faction. So?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-23-2011, 04:51 AM
I do believe cryptic has said no more cstore races. Beside before they add any more races or factions they need to finish the kdf. We have waited long enough. Far longer then anyone has wait for playable cardissian or romulans.

It time for cryptic to put some real effort into kdf instead of 700 days of lip service.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-23-2011, 11:58 AM
While I understand what you are asking for there is at least a little work around that you may not know of. If you do, great! Hopefully this will help others.

http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Canon_...rdassian_Union

I have a Cardassian now. (See my sig) The bonus with an alien is I can also change looks like crazy too. Sometimes I look like Roger the American Dad alien (or as close as I could make him.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimn View Post
First off I love this except I am an extremely casual player. I have been playing an Alien Cardassian since launch and I am only a commander. I know I hear about how easy it is to get to max level but not for me I am way too casual of a player. My only concern is having to start over. I do agree I would like to have Cardassians as a race i am just not a fan of starting over.

With that aside I say anything that adds Cardasssians to the game I love!!!!
There was the same issue with Fed Klingons when they added them as well. This is one of the arguments for adding in a respecies c-store option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
I do believe cryptic has said no more cstore races. Beside before they add any more races or factions they need to finish the kdf. We have waited long enough. Far longer then anyone has wait for playable cardissian or romulans.

It time for cryptic to put some real effort into kdf instead of 700 days of lip service.
There's no reason the KDF couldn't have Cardies as well. Lorewise we know that Cardassians are using dual citizenship with the Federation to enlist in Starfleet just like the Ferengi, but certainly some would choose to ally with the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerender View Post
While I understand what you are asking for there is at least a little work around that you may not know of. If you do, great! Hopefully this will help others.

http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Canon_...rdassian_Union

I have a Cardassian now. (See my sig) The bonus with an alien is I can also change looks like crazy too. Sometimes I look like Roger the American Dad alien (or as close as I could make him.)
Problem with this is that to have 100% authentic cardassian you can't change the face. One of my characters has an old cardassian BOff, but without the neck scales due to the scales being on the same dropdown list as the face types (I think it's the scales.... been a while sense I played that character or made the cardassian).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Cardassians have always been my choice for the next playable faction.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 AM.