Lt. Commander
# 1 Constitution Nacelles
12-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Ever since I got the Excelsior I liked that fact I could choose between either having the warp nacelles lit up like in TNG or how they are in TOS/TMP where they only light up during warp. I love the model for the TMP Constitution however I wish there was an option of having the nacelles without the glow. Surely this could be something quite simple to implement? Right? Could have 'Constitution" and "Constitution Aplha" for the choices under advanced options similar to the Excelsior.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 09:21 AM
No one interested at all? I'm a bit surprised thought an inaccuracy like that would bug a lot of fans of the Connie out there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-25-2011, 01:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing. But since it is a low level ship i guessing it low priority.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-25-2011, 03:15 PM
This would be nice, but speaking of this, I would love to see Constitution refit style nacelles made available for every fed ship in the game, courtesy of some Utopia Planita Engineers with way too much time on their hands, and way too many free cycles on the automatic fabrication lines.

Please cryptic? I'd pay over 2000 C-store points to put those babies on any ship in the game (properly scaled to each ship, mind you.), and it'd take a minimum of resources. Almost free money cryptic. Almost free Money!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
This would be nice, but speaking of this, I would love to see Constitution refit style nacelles made available for every fed ship in the game, courtesy of some Utopia Planita Engineers with way too much time on their hands, and way too many free cycles on the automatic fabrication lines.

Please cryptic? I'd pay over 2000 C-store points to put those babies on any ship in the game (properly scaled to each ship, mind you.), and it'd take a minimum of resources. Almost free money cryptic. Almost free Money!
You know That is an interesting idea. Maybe a Material + parts pack

Lets called them Era Packs

You can have them be from different points of the franchise TOS, TMP, ENT, etc.

Each pack would come with a Ship Material skin (lets say simalar to the TOS connie hull) and TOS styled Nacelles and Deflectors for each one of the ships. Maybe a few Saucers thrown in.

This could work for TMP era aswell, Since ships from the era had very nice Aztec-hing on their hulls and nice nacelles. One could also throw in the Movie style Pulse phasers banks in the pack
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-26-2011, 03:26 AM
"Era packs". Sounds like a nice idea, even if I am a little loathe to add more fodder for C-store, it will be the STO's main income source very soon.

More customisation for ships would be a fantastic thing. Not just the nacelles (Both the connie and miranda use them already), but things like hull patterns, lighting options and so on would be mostly art-based work. Hopefully, this would not detract from other teams working to fix game bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Now that you've mentioned it, it is probably gonna be a C-Store option soon.