Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
During the gameplay on any ground action (fllet action, STFs, missions of any kind) sometimes my character suddenly stops firing, then a few seconds later it won't be able to use any of its abilities!
My keyboard keeps working, 'cause I can write for example, but my character doesn't work, just walks...

I've seen it happening with other players and if it happened with any of you, please post a reply here!
That's AWEFULL because I can't keep playing a mission with only my away team working and can't play a STF...
If I beam out and beam in again in any mission it starts working again - but just for a while - and if I turn off the game and engage again it works again too.

I was doing nothing of unusual... really! And other players that I've seen doing that weren't too!

Thanks in advance!
Good game for everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I had this happen to me in KA ground on elite this morning. One guy rage quit and I was useless. This happened after respawning after being assimilated by the Borg. Not a single thing I did fixed this and I had to drop for the game to resolve this. Bugs like this are a disgrace! Where is the quality control in Cryptic? I have yet to see any in quite a long time!

Edit: Ticket # - 1243993 I also requested a GM but after about 15 minutes of absolutely squat, I exited the game!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2011, 02:57 PM
i had this bug to. Luckily the Teammates could do it without me. on the next mission on ground everything worked normal again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I've had this happen fairly often of late, although mercifully not while playing an stf so I've "fixed" it by exiting the game and restarting it.

Given all the egregious "leaver penalty" bugs already associated with the stf missions, having this happen is probably a source of more than a few rage-quits.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Same here, I was doing a war zone when and with 1 more node to hit for the win my char stopped shooting and I couldn't use my abilities. Also even though I completed 9/10 objectives, I didn't get jack when someone else hit the last node...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
It's a known issue, but they need our help in isolating specific reproduction steps before they can determine the cause.

It happened to me once during Cure Ground, but I have no idea what may have caused it. I was able to solve it by exiting STO and relaunching the program (fortunately, when I logged back in, the game popped me back into my Cure team).
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2012, 08:47 AM
This annoyance still lingers! Had it happen on one of my newest toon also when finishing up the Undine Volcan Ambassador mission. In that circumstance, it wans't so bas as I was close to the end of the mission an in a team. However, when it happened during a KA Ground elite run. Well... my team was unhappy to put it mildly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2012, 09:14 AM
This has happened to me a few times while running KA on Elite. Usually after I've got alot of windows open like when healing injuries. All I had to do was log out and back in and everything was working again. I even automatically rejoin the STF in progress so if I'm quick, my team doesn't even noticed that I was gone.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
This has happened to me. As a new player I thought I had contracted some sort of debuff the first couple of times it happened.

This has not happened to me in space yet (knock on wood) only on ground missions. I have been able to fix it, by beaming up and beaming back down.

I do not play PvP at all unless it's a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2012, 01:24 AM
had it again this time first the game was loosing alot of FPS than the screen was stuck and when i could move again, ic ouldnt use any ability or use my weapon, only way was to relog.

Happens allot in Kithomer ground elite in the Beginning Room i allways have large amount of lag.