Lt. Commander
Okay, so I ground my tush off and got the M.A.C.O. Elite force set. The engine effect works when I'm at maximum warp and the deflector does it's thing.
But the shield has absolutely no visual what so ever. I know I'ts supposed to be subtle, but my shields show no effect at all.

Is anyone else having this issue ?

I'd really like this fixed as I put a lot of time into getting this set.
Lt. Commander
Cryptic,

I ground my tush off getting this set as did others. The set should at least work properly.
I chose this set partly due to the way the shield effect looked, which admittedly might not have been the
smartest choice, but after running these missions over and over again 120 times, I would like my nifty shield visual effect to show.

(link to other discussion about the topic)
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3900056

I know you are all busy and this seems like such a minor issue, but given the effort required to get the bleepin thing, could you please look into a fix for the visual?
I gotz to have my kewl bling to show for it !
Lt. Commander
I agree, it is very disappointing that after spending so much time grinding missions to get the MKXI MACO Shield only to find that the visuals do not work; what is more disappointing however is that bug reports have been put in some time ago and nothing has changed. Fingers crossed that it will be fixed on next week’s maintenance run.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-16-2011, 07:02 AM
I have not seen these "effects", nor do I know anyone who has them.. hmm..
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2011, 11:51 AM
If it makes you feel any better, the Honor Guard XI shield isn't working either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
If it makes you feel any better, the Honor Guard XI shield isn't working either.
It doesn't, After I'm done with my Feddy, I'm working on my KDF next.

This is really lousy. Make the cool stuff harder to get - FINE, but at least make sure they actually WORK
after the effort.

I know, I know, it's only the visual and we've got pixels falling down around us from things that require attention right away, but its disappointing never the less.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Mk XII MACO shield visuals are not working.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpock View Post
Mk XII MACO shield visuals are not working.
This is hilarious. The only visuals that ARE working are the M.A.C.O. mark X ?

Cryptic could you PLEASE fix the visuals for the M.A.C.O. space shields Mark XI AND XII ? PLEASE ?
We worked hard for these damned things, it's pretty lousy that the rewards have been bonked for this long.
I put in a bug report two weeks ago, can't you please squeeze this fix into the next patch?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Yep. No effects on the Mk XI HG shields, at all. I'd heard that they were subtle, but put them on and took them off while staring at the Hegh'ta close up a dozen times, and there's just not the slightest difference. People who saw something must've had the Mk X?
Lt. Commander
# 10 Not Cool Cryptic !
12-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtomisbehave
Yep. No effects on the Mk XI HG shields, at all. I'd heard that they were subtle, but put them on and took them off while staring at the Hegh'ta close up a dozen times, and there's just not the slightest difference. People who saw something must've had the Mk X?
Yep, the Mark X works wonderful and guess what, the effects are not THAT subtle either, it's a cool effect, I ground and got the mark X shields too.

The mark XI and XII just don't work. It's been nearly three weeks since I've put my ticket in, it'll probably be another week or two before they get another patch out due to the holiday. Even then, will a fix be included, WHO KNOWS....... Doesn't look like this is getting fixed anytime soon.

It's just not that high on the priority list. A player's time and effort to get the damned thing doesn't amount to bupkis around here, it's all about free to play now and bringing in as much revenue as possible. So what, if you had to grind 40 + times to get it, it will work when we get around to it.......

It will work by free to play, I assume, that's when their "new" players show up.