Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hey folks,

The man of a few-hundred voices here, stopping by to let you folks know that I am now working on a Machinima based on the Dominion War.

Basically, the storyline is involving a few ships and their respective crews that served in the Dominion War. It's a story about the brave men and women of the Federation that gave their lives for the freedom of the Alpha Quadrant, but may not have gotten any recognition due to more well-known officers hogging all the glory. (I'm look at YOU, Worf, and Sisko!)

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is not only to let you all know about it, but to also make a few requests from the community:

1) I need more Voice Actors! I can do a LOT of voices, but not so good at female voices.
2) A lot of the scenes can be shot with the Foundry, but I will need a few other players to team up with me for shooting some scenes
3) I need a Jem'Hadar Escort. Well, actually, I need one for myself and at least two other people who have them as well. If you have a spare one to donate, mail it to @AdmiralChase and the first Episode will be dedicated to you and you will be in the Special Thanks section of every episode following.
4) A team of people to spread the word! Once the first episode is done, I'll need some folks to spread the word to different Trek sites and mailing lists!

So, this is now the official Dominion War Machinima thread! If you want to volunteer for anything, post a reply and I will add you to the list of people I will send in-game mail to on coordinating our efforts!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-23-2011, 03:33 PM
I fly a Jammie. with Polarons and Quantums. if you need for me scenes hit me up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I fly a Jammie. with Polarons and Quantums. if you need for me scenes hit me up.
Awesome. If I can get my hands on one, and another person with one then we can practice formation flights. I do a lot of stuff with AfterEffects so I'll be able to insert debris into explosions and what-not, especially when having a Jem'Hadar ship slam into the neck of an Excelsior or Galaxy Class Cruiser.

I'm going to be working on storyboards and character development over the coming weeks, as well as sneaking in a few already established characters from various novels (Since we can't actually use characters directly from the TV shows due to likeness issues in the STO EULA), but some characters from the TV shows will at least be mentioned, and I will attempt to do my best impression of them for voiceovers in subspace transmissions and whatnot. I do a mean Avery Brooks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralChase
Awesome. If I can get my hands on one, and another person with one then we can practice formation flights. I do a lot of stuff with AfterEffects so I'll be able to insert debris into explosions and what-not, especially when having a Jem'Hadar ship slam into the neck of an Excelsior or Galaxy Class Cruiser.

I'm going to be working on storyboards and character development over the coming weeks, as well as sneaking in a few already established characters from various novels (Since we can't actually use characters directly from the TV shows due to likeness issues in the STO EULA), but some characters from the TV shows will at least be mentioned, and I will attempt to do my best impression of them for voiceovers in subspace transmissions and whatnot. I do a mean Avery Brooks!
Any links to your work?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Any links to your work?
Unfortunately none of my work is online. A lot of it is for small productions and television ads. When I get around to firing up my Mac again (it's collecting dust right now) I'll upload some stuff to youtube.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-23-2011, 05:17 PM
I can provide voices if needed (male, decent range specializing in baritone), as well as provide some canon ships from the Dominion War era (B'Rel, Vor'cha, Defiant, Miranda, Intrepid, and Nova) wherever necessary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralChase
Unfortunately none of my work is online. A lot of it is for small productions and television ads. When I get around to firing up my Mac again (it's collecting dust right now) I'll upload some stuff to youtube.
Well, I have done work with lip sync animations in STO and do a variety of voices. I'll share the links when I get back to my PC but I posted some in the VO feedback thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Im glad your doing this good on you
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 PM.