Lt. Commander
# 11
01-08-2012, 08:25 AM
been trying to login myself for past 3 days no luck as yet what's going on and were are the mods to answer??
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Okay I'm back at my mates place.
First of all i have two modems, neither will work at my place.
If i take them to my mates place they both work fine.

I have had my Isp working hard to solve this problem from the beginning.
They are also struggling to figure out this problem.
I have found that my next door neighbour also has the same problem, but a couple of streets away his dad can access the website.

Checking STO Facebook page there are other people with the exact same problem.
They are begging for help, but whoever runs that site is ignoring it.
Not the way to go Cryptic.
Please be aware these people can't get to crypitc websites for help, so all they have is Facebook or twitter.
People from London and Japan cannot access the game, sto website, or anything related to cryptic.

Cryptic-3.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78] times out.

This needs to be acknowledged by Cryptic and sorted out because i have noticed the complaints are growing rapidly.

Because people around the world are having the same exact problem.

I have also emailed, posted on facebook and posted here, not a single word from cryptic.
I am going onto the 4th week unable to play the game I paid for.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-09-2012, 04:28 AM
I understand there will be problem on every launch...especially for an old game that's being bought over by another company. However, if they can't fix it now, at least we deserve an acknowledgement rather than a silent treatment. It's free to play...so maybe we don't deserve the kind of customer service that pay to play provides...but I think the dev should understand that silver members keep the servers population stable and the game popular, and with the possibility of converting into paying customer.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Are you on Windows 7? Check your router is compatible, see this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/usi...d/default.mspx

Delete you username and password if they are stored in the launcher and manually write them in again.

Go to the login page at STO website and try logging in there, http://www.startrekonline.com/

On the launcher for STO select options (top right), choose the EU or US server, probably you are on the US, try the EU proxy

Check Windows, Control Panel, Internet options, Connection Tab, LAN settings at bottom of window and uncheck Proxy Server box if checked

has the STO website been blocked by a program such as spybot?

Check by going to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and open the hosts file, you can open it with notepad. Do a search for the STO website, if it is listed then save the host file as a backup and then remove this reference to STO and save the hosts file again

Hopefully one of those should get you online
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-09-2012, 03:34 PM
I just looked at the proxy thing and it had 'none' selected.

I set it for the EU one ... tried logging in and ... so far so good.

No idea if i was just lucky. I'll need to play it properly with that proxy setting for a while and see how it goes.