Lt. Commander
# 1 HATE Battries...
12-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Why oh why do I get ONE-(1)-SINGLE, GD Battery...

...after spending several minutes trying to defeat a pair of Cardassian Keldors in the Advanced Mode and then succeeding???

Will You PLEASE, take the Damn Batteries, OUT of the Loot Table !!!!!!

The new Drop Rates absolutely suck as it is...

Perhaps 'We' don't want to completely discourage the new F2P'ers first thing, with Craptastic Loot...

If I weren't a lifer I'd be nerd-raging and then leaving...

As it is, I logged off after my last mission in complete frustration.

<grumble, grumble, grumble...)
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Why oh why do I get ONE-(1)-SINGLE, GD Battery...

...after spending several minutes trying to defeat a pair of Cardassian Keldors in the Advanced Mode and then succeeding???

Will You PLEASE, take the Damn Batteries, OUT of the Loot Table !!!!!!

The new Drop Rates absolutely suck as it is...

Perhaps 'We' don't want to completely discourage the new F2P'ers first thing, with Craptastic Loot...

If I weren't a lifer I'd be nerd-raging and then leaving...

As it is, I logged off after my last mission in complete frustration.

<grumble, grumble, grumble...)
wait, the already crappy loot tables are now, worse? Thank you for this bit of info, one more thing to ensure I never do more than Doff stuff in game. The loot tables have always sucked in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
You're making two big mistakes:

1. Playing on advanced with the expectation that good loot will drop.

2. Expecting any good loot to drop.

You want good loot, pay for it with dilithium. Craft it or buy it outright. Also, do STFs on elite until you get the MK XII sets. That's the trick. Loot drops will always be worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2011, 04:10 PM
i wish the same... battieries are completely useless overall, to me at least... just not as strongly
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Did they actually make the loot tables worse? I didn't think they were making any changes in the dropped loot. If so that's pretty lame. There should always be the chance of getting a good loot drop. The best loot shouldn't only be available by paying dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
You're making two big mistakes:

1. Playing on advanced with the expectation that good loot will drop.

2. Expecting any good loot to drop.

You want good loot, pay for it with dilithium. Craft it or buy it outright. Also, do STFs on elite until you get the MK XII sets. That's the trick. Loot drops will always be worthless.
One of the main reasons for even playing on Advanced and Elite IS for the increased chance for "good" loot to drop.

On that note, something seems really odd with the loot tables.
Because ive got plenty of the usual common and uncommon loot drops with my KDF Tactical when wrecking ships in Defense missions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I can do a lot more with a weapons battery than I can with 20 Plasma Torpedo Launcher [CrtD], entertainment provisions, or whatever else could drop after all that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-24-2011, 08:38 PM
It's nice to see I'm not the only one who noticed this...

Not that it really makes me feel any better.. <chuckle>

It's not that I don't find batteries useful, it's just that I don't believe that something I can make for myself fairly cheaply, should be given as drops...

It really doesn't inspire a feeling of accomplishment and tends to make me just want to stop playing.

I'm a devout Trekker, so I will pretty much keep coming back...

I'm not so sure F2P'ers are going to be as forgiving.

It will be interesting to see how many threads pop up along this same vein, in less than a month now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM
I love killing the boss ship or person in a mission and it dropping a cup of tea.

It reminds me to log off make a drink and come rant on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-24-2011, 09:12 PM
If batteries *have* to drop can't they be in stacks of 20?
Or be a small stack of those special deuterium containers?

And can't we get some kind of loot table system that guarantees that high level enemies and bosses of missions WILL drop something useful?

I want a T-shirt; "I defeated every blasted dreadnought in the quadrant and all I got was an engine battery."

If the material batteries are made out of guarantees that they survive so often.... why not make the ship entirely plated in batteries?
Makes for a huge source of reserve power too.

Im just sayin.

Also; if substantial refined Dil dropped from boss mobs when playing on Elite alot more people would try it.
Just pointing that out.