Lt. Commander
# 91
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I have played the SWTOR beta and found it to be a mostly great game. I'll still be playing STO though, as well.
Lt. Commander
# 92
12-02-2011, 05:36 PM
i played it this weekend i liked it but honestly if i wanted to play nights of the old republic i would pull my xbox out it was nice don't get me wrong but for 15 a month it wasnt worth it to me yet, but if i take another break from STO and CO i will check it out to see how it has or hasnt improved to me
Lt. Commander
# 93
12-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
its not an easy thing to live with, let me tell you.
That line in Empire has to be the dumbest moment in film history.

Rebel General: A death marks not an easy thing to live with.

Well, yeah. no sh%t! Guess Captain Obvious got promotoed to General! Pretty sure thats why they're called death marks and are in the realm of things-to-avoid-getting-if-at-all-possible. Every time I watch that movie I fast forward past that line.
Lt. Commander
# 94
12-02-2011, 11:19 PM
So since nobody responded, I take it none of you tried a ranged character...lol looks like I will be one of the only people not rolling Jedi/Sith out of the gate.
Lt. Commander
# 95
12-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_heretic View Post
So since nobody responded, I take it none of you tried a ranged character...lol looks like I will be one of the only people not rolling Jedi/Sith out of the gate.
Imperial Agent here
Lt. Commander
# 96
12-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Smuggler on the side of light, and Bounty hunter on the side of darkness for me
Lt. Commander
# 97
12-03-2011, 05:53 PM
So I've been giving it another go since they invited me back. One of their patches fixed my broken character so I could continue where I was. I'm a Sith who keeps making light-side decisions at every opportunity. I expect to be executed at any moment.
Lt. Commander
# 98
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
EDIT: Double post
Lt. Commander
# 99
12-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshy View Post
I'm pretty sure at this point we are all aware of this game. Its been the largest source of MMO hype since Warhammer Online came out a few years ago. Last weekend was their final beta weekend, and the final game is slated to be released on Dec 20. With SWTOR racking up pre-orders at an alarming rate will STO be able to stay afloat? Or will it make like a straw hut in a tsunami?
Played two Beta weekends and pre-order my Collector's Edition a couple weeks ago. Overall for a BETA, TOR is more ahead than the almost 2 year old STO that has been taking backwards steps for some time.

STO will hurt even with the F2P desperate attempt. STO won't die though, people will leave, get bored, come back....get bored, rinse, repeat.

Quote:
I'm Trooper all the way first...only reason why I'll roll force user is if my uncle rolls one, and I'd level an alt with him haha.

Otherwise I'll go Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Smuggler, Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior, Jedi Consular, and then Sith Inquisitor.

The DOFF system isn't really grabbin me...it's a fun diversion for a few min....but...other than that Season 5 is a tax.
Lt. Commander
# 100
12-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Xenor, I am happy. A fellow trooper!! W00t! I hope we wind up on the same server, so I can team up with ya sometime.

Also, @hort: I am gonna play a light Sith down the road just to see how it is, probably an Inquisitor because I want the Togruta companion.

In general, with my testing I played Jedi enough I can wait for a bit for a Force user. I'm really looking forward to making a cool ranged character first. My main thing is I just wanted to know if it seems to anyone that has used ranged type, if their combat effectiveness is better than a force user.