Lt. Commander
# 1061
02-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Another plus with TOR
And the hits for Bioware keep coming. Demo for ME3 tomorrow. I couldn't decide on getting it for PC or 360. I did the first 2 on 360 but got the PC of ME2 free because Bioware wanted to apologize for Dragon Age 2. (They called it the sequel event but I call it an apology ).

I ended up preordering for both. And CE's for both. It seems Target's site is still pumping them out.
Lt. Commander
# 1062
02-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Forgive me, I didn't bother to read any of this thread but I wanted to voice my opinion just the same. I don't know anyone else's opinion of this MMO but I just wanted to voice mine.

I have only ever seen the commercials for this game, and I just checked out a couple long story mode clips from the Jedi side. All I have to say is this...

THIS GAME IS WACK!

Sure, I'll admit the story is good, hell it's Star Wars. But the combat is TERRIBLE and the game play is just lacking. Plus I see graphic and texture glitches every minute. This is pretty much unacceptable for a game that was described as "complete".

People bashed STO for launching at beta, but comparing STO to TOR at launch, STO is much better.

Seriously? Two Jedi standing there flailing their lightsabers around like lunatics? Could Bioware really not come up with a better combat mechanic than that?

This is one more reason why STO > TOR.

I am entitled to my opinion. Please do not flame me. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 1063
02-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post

I have only ever seen the commercials for this game, and I just checked out a couple long story mode clips from the Jedi side. All I have to say is this...

A member of the RDDoC chimes in. And this says why your opinion isn't really accurate. Plus things you said sounds like you only seen beta clips.

"I haven't played the game but I know everything about it." Riiiiiight.

Since TOR sub numbers are about four times STO at peak (according to Armsman who has been a STO defender in this thread), more people don't agree with your uninformed opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 1064
02-13-2012, 09:12 PM
I like star wars for the compelling storyline. I can't wait to see how it all works out.

Oh wait.

NVM.
Lt. Commander
# 1065
02-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Forgive me, I didn't bother to read any of this thread but I wanted to voice my opinion just the same. I don't know anyone else's opinion of this MMO but I just wanted to voice mine.

THIS GAME IS WACK!

Sure, I'll admit the story is good, hell it's Star Wars. But the combat is TERRIBLE and the game play is just lacking. Plus I see graphic and texture glitches every minute. This is pretty much unacceptable for a game that was described as "complete".

People bashed STO for launching at beta, but comparing STO to TOR at launch, STO is much better.

Seriously? Two Jedi standing there flailing their lightsabers around like lunatics? Could Bioware really not come up with a better combat mechanic than that?

So you don't read any of the previous post, haven't actually played the game, use words like wack and then compare STO beta to TOR and say STO is better and then finish with an infantile statement of im entitled to my opinion don't flame me?

Sorry man but you deserved to get flamed.

Agree that TOR is not fully finished but STO is 2 years out of the gate and is still in Beta.

What's the state of the foundry atm? Don't they advertise it as still in Beta.

Shesh, I have more respect for those people who have played TOR and don't like it than I have for you who has even bothered to play it but decide to slam it.

Nice try anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 1066
02-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
I like star wars for the compelling storyline. I can't wait to see how it all works out.

Oh wait.

NVM.
Lol.

No idea what your waffling about m8.

Are you talking about the 6 movies and the 100s of books and comics with a large EU, or the game that has 8 different class stories?

Please give me more to work with...
Lt. Commander
# 1067
02-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:

STO launch better then TOR bahahahahaha bahahahahahahahaha bahahahahahahahahaha

rubber banding every where in sto comes to mind server was down on and off very glichy more so then TOR sto ground combat was soooo groundbreaking......... only thing that has keep sto up and going in ppl buying out the Cstore and its space combat all thoe sto not the best space combat there are other mmos dun it much better then sto just you dont have a star trek skin and ask for sto graphics let just say you shadow are not fully complet on ESD got half body's
Lt. Commander
# 1068
02-14-2012, 04:55 AM
FINE! Maybe I just wanted to stay ignorant... Maybe the fact that nobody can ever hit anything in Star Wars makes me think it's the same in the game.

Your points have been heard, but I'll still reject your reality and substitute my own.

(But I will concede... THIS time.)
Lt. Commander
# 1069
02-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
FINE! Maybe I just wanted to stay ignorant... Maybe the fact that nobody can ever hit anything in Star Wars makes me think it's the same in the game.

Your points have been heard, but I'll still reject your reality and substitute my own.

(But I will concede... THIS time.)
Hmmm, you okay dude?

Not really sure what your trying to say, but you do know that SW and STO are not real?
Lt. Commander
# 1070
02-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Solo, I'm just waiting on the RDDoC (Rapid Dog Defenders of Cryptic) to try and tell us how great it is to pay to open your loot boxes are.
Don't you mean Rabid Dog?

I can trademark that for you, srsly.