Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1101
02-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Well 20 mins into Mass Effect 3 demo and already I am sold hook, line and sinker.

Insanity really does mean insanity!!!

So now I have TOR, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 to play...

And Zodi, it's okay to find fault with TOR. What people seem to think is that "I" think they have to like TOR. I defend it because I enjoy it, but the "STO fans", rage at the thought of TOR being any good as they know, deep down, STO is garbage and it should not have been and I bet they would love a BIOware revamp of STO.

With Stahl coming back, we can expect lots more passion and optimism, but thats it, not much substance. STO died when PW took over and it's now a cash grab game.

Is it better than WoW? Nope, not yet,but I quit WoW after Cata.

Does it have potential? Defo.

Is it better than STO? Yep

Is STO fun? Nope. Only good thing about it, is being able to fly my defiant every so often and thats nearly 2 years of the game being out. I was bored after reaching cap 3 weeks into playing at launch.

Is TOR fun? Your damn right it is.

Is Bioware one of the top ever Developers? Sure is.

Is Cryptic any good? Only at customisation.

Anyway, back to Mass effect 3. Superb demo...
It was weird. I played the 360 one early as soon as I woke up since that one was made available like 2am Pacific time.

Dialogue choices in both platforms are the same but the things the actors say when you pick it has a slightly different dialogue in some places.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1102
02-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
It was weird. I played the 360 one early as soon as I woke up since that one was made available like 2am Pacific time.

Dialogue choices in both platforms are the same but the things the actors say when you pick it has a slightly different dialogue in some places.
Well you know me and 360 games. Fifa 12 only with my son

So far it's very slick on the PC and I got the shock of my life when I was talking to Wrex. My Wrex died in 1:p

Looks like they listened regards customisation and getting back to the ME1 / DA1 type. Maybe not fully, but definately more than ME2.

I wonder if I have time, between now and launch of 3, to play Mass 1 and 2 and TOR????
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1103
02-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Well you know me and 360 games. Fifa 12 only with my son

So far it's very slick on the PC and I got the shock of my life when I was talking to Wrex. My Wrex died in 1:p

Looks like they listened regards customisation and getting back to the ME1 / DA1 type. Maybe not fully, but definately more than ME2.

I wonder if I have time, between now and launch of 3, to play Mass 1 and 2 and TOR????

Funny you mentioned Wrex. That part of the demo has Wrex (potentially died in ME1), Garrus (potentially died in ME2), Mordin (potentially died in ME2), and Liara (the new Shadowbroker if you played Lair of the Shadowbroker). So it's possible none of them should be there and if Liara is the SB then she should have given you a ton of stuff to use and an army of contacts to help you out.

But I'm wondering how my playthroughs will work. I did have Wrex die in my very first but used Gibbed's save game editor to bring him back for ME2. I liked his dialogue better than his replacement who was ruling the Krogans.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1104
02-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Part of the problem with STO btw is actually what's summed up here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=254846

And my response in that thread. I fear Dan Stahl will not be able to change it either. That ship might have sailed with Atari but I hope Dan can right the ship. I just think it's outside his power even now.

Sad when Atari would be a step up from what we got now -- PWE
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1105
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
It was getting close. The DOFF system, a new and FREE ship, and the advent of a brand new FE.

But the spam keeps reopening the wound. It's not even something I've ranted about much. It's just in-game it's so distracting and annoying. It takes away from gameplay, I'm not sure why they think it's a good idea?

/sigh

Oh god. don't get me started with the spam superchum. I just have to say. my offical day to really start playing the game again ( other then the two or three days where I would log in to see what I still had, and if I should go gold or not ) But the day I officially came back was also the day the spam started, and that was disheartening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Snip ..
I just want to point out, and this might be why your getting a lot of heated feed back. ( I am just guessing based on what you wrote. as I said. I have not read this thread and I will no waste my time reading this thread because I know it is a flame fest )

but with all honestly and please don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean any disrespect, but the way you presented yourself to reply to me, your stating your opinion like they are facts. It is the way you say it in your post. ( that is based off just that past. none others ) but that can be taken as hostile and normally gets flames started.

One thing we all have to remember. ( and I have had to learn this my self ) is that we all have opinions on it, and a lot of us have different opinions on it. Some of the points you pointed out I agree with, some of the others I do not.

Now I am not going to flame you or rage. lol but That could also be a cause for some of the flames. ( not all. Trolling and flaming is a two way street )

We all have to remember that no matter what we say when it comes to a review of any game. it is just our opinion. all opinions are correct to that one person, and no one is wrong. in the end we are all entitled to our opinions, but just because we have them does not make them fact. ( they can be popular belief as in a lot of people with the same opinion, but there is always someone different, and to say that they are wrong, and my opinion is fact in a way is like saying they have no right to an opinion. )

anyway just something I saw in that. that being said. I would say half of what you said I agree with. maybe a little bit more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1106
02-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Not going to quote all that, Zodi. You admit you got in late here. So bringing you up to speed.

There have been people in here saying things that TOR failed at. Yet when we point out that STO fails the same areas and more, they got mad.

Then there were those who tried to LOL at sub numbers. They claimed TOR had very little subs. But when the sub numbers were released at 1.7 that was about double the highest the TOR haters put the numbers at. So again, they got mad.


Every MMO has taken from something before. The very first MMO had things found in single player games, board games, and even some from pen-and-paper. Not one has been 100% original so because TOR isn't, it gets ragged on. But those same don't want to hear about how EVERYTHING in STO was seen before as well. So again, they got mad.

Oh wait... actually there is one thing in STO we haven't seen before... a one year content drought without shutting down their servers. Congrats, that's the only ORIGINAL concept found in STO.


And today I haven't played STO nor TOR. It's ME3 day. I've been doing that demo over and over to test the classes on both PC and 360.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1107
02-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Not going to quote all that, Zodi. You admit you got in late here. So bringing you up to speed.
Thank you for bringing me up to speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
There have been people in here saying things that TOR failed at. Yet when we point out that STO fails the same areas and more, they got mad.
LOL that is funny right there. One is ready to cast stones, but hates it when stones are cast back I guess. both games have flaws. every game has flaws, some more then others. But fans hate it when you point out the flaws. To keep an open mind. there are fans of TOR, maybe even in this tread. that will rage just as much as the STO fans raging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike

Then there were those who tried to LOL at sub numbers. They claimed TOR had very little subs. But when the sub numbers were released at 1.7 that was about double the highest the TOR haters put the numbers at. So again, they got mad.
This was not shocking. I knew it was going to sell well. anyone who didn't think that was kidding themselves. the game itself went after the raging clone wars fans ( I won't lie. I don't like the clone wars. This should explain it. ) and WOW fans. heck. it went after them more then I think it went after us star trek nerds lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike


Every MMO has taken from something before. The very first MMO had things found in single player games, board games, and even some from pen-and-paper. Not one has been 100% original so because TOR isn't, it gets ragged on. But those same don't want to hear about how EVERYTHING in STO was seen before as well. So again, they got mad.
Of course not, and while I know I listed that they did a lot of the same. ( I think is a logical gripe to want something newish ) There is always going to be something taken from something else. My gripe was because bioware had do such great innovations on games in the past from KOTOR and Mass Effect, and I feel some of it was water downed or missing ( from what I have played so far ) But anyone who thinks it will be 100% different is dreaming. lol but a few things could have been different for the better. but that is just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Oh wait... actually there is one thing in STO we haven't seen before... a one year content drought without shutting down their servers. Congrats, that the only ORIGINAL concept found in STO.
I KNOW!!!! WE ARE THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD IN THAT DEPARTMENT. lol in all seriousness. Thank the great bird of the galaxy for foundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike

And today I haven't played STO nor TOR. It's ME3 day. I've been doing that demo over and over to test the classes on both PC and 360.
I won't get to play it until tomorrow. I have stuff going on tonight. grrr.


also how did you get me to debate this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO darn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1108
02-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Oh god. don't get me started with the spam superchum. I just have to say. my offical day to really start playing the game again ( other then the two or three days where I would log in to see what I still had, and if I should go gold or not ) But the day I officially came back was also the day the spam started, and that was disheartening



I just want to point out, and this might be why your getting a lot of heated feed back. ( I am just guessing based on what you wrote. as I said. I have not read this thread and I will no waste my time reading this thread because I know it is a flame fest )

but with all honestly and please don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean any disrespect, but the way you presented yourself to reply to me, your stating your opinion like they are facts. It is the way you say it in your post. ( that is based off just that past. none others ) but that can be taken as hostile and normally gets flames started.

Okay, well to start Zod, if I can give you just a bit of feedback and I don't mean any disrespect, but the way you presented yourself to all when you first posted -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I am not even going to read this thread because it is most likely full of hate, and star wars vs star trek nerd rages.

I will say this, and I won't debate it with anyone at this tame because I am still getting my full opinion of TOR.
Well that came across to me as someone who is very arrogant and has decided to wade into a 100+ plus debate without any thought because they already assumes what the debate is about and what the tone is.

I also don't like it when people decide to give advise on how people post, because all that does is make that person open to their posts being disected and then the whole topic has been left behind just like what I am doing now and I know you or someone else is going to do exactly what I am doing and disect my post

Have you heard of the saying, "anything before the BUT" does not count? That said, I haven't taken any disrespect, because once again, I don't care if I get flame for my thoughts and opinions. If anything I enjoy a good, heated debate, it's only when the same posters who are die hard STO fans, who cannot see anything good about any other game but STO, that I have a go with and if you took to time to read the thread, you will see there is some good opinons on both STO and TOR, but yes, there is a lot of flame about whats the best.

I know my posts my sound like facts and tbh some of it, is to spark more debate, but some of it is undoubtable fact. Sub figures for WoW and ToR bear me out. STO being a sub standard game, regardless of what the defenders would say, is also a fact bore out in sub numbers, reviews and the countless threads not just the official forums and finally it going F2P (and please CDF force, don't mention LOTR going F2P and doing better, LOTR was doing great before F2P).

I also choose the tone of my post and yes, the one I gave to you was exactly the tone I wanted and this was simply down to the fact, that I found your opening first lines a bit of a red rag to a bull.

Anyway, you seem like a decent chap and I have read some of your posts way way back, so I know your not a fully fledged member of the defence force.

Just food for thought for you too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1109
02-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Okay, well to start Zod, if I can give you just a bit of feedback and I don't mean any disrespect, but the way you presented yourself to all when you first posted -



Well that came across to me as someone who is very arrogant and has decided to wade into a 100+ plus debate without any thought because they already assumes what the debate is about and what the tone is.

I also don't like it when people decide to give advise on how people post, because all that does is make that person open to their posts being disected and then the whole topic has been left behind just like what I am doing now and I know you or someone else is going to do exactly what I am doing and disect my post

Have you heard of the saying, "anything before the BUT" does not count? That said, I haven't taken any disrespect, because once again, I don't care if I get flame for my thoughts and opinions. If anything I enjoy a good, heated debate, it's only when the same posters who are die hard STO fans, who cannot see anything good about any other game but STO, that I have a go with and if you took to time to read the thread, you will see there is some good opinons on both STO and TOR, but yes, there is a lot of flame about whats the best.

I know my posts my sound like facts and tbh some of it, is to spark more debate, but some of it is undoubtable fact. Sub figures for WoW and ToR bear me out. STO being a sub standard game, regardless of what the defenders would say, is also a fact bore out in sub numbers, reviews and the countless threads not just the official forums and finally it going F2P (and please CDF force, don't mention LOTR going F2P and doing better, LOTR was doing great before F2P).

I also choose the tone of my post and yes, the one I gave to you was exactly the tone I wanted and this was simply down to the fact, that I found your opening first lines a bit of a red rag to a bull.

Anyway, you seem like a decent chap and I have read some of your posts way way back, so I know your not a fully fledged member of the defence force.

Just food for thought for you too.
hahaha. I knew I liked you for a reason. you do have very good points, and your a good sport. that is the way to respond. I wasn't sure if you were doing it on accident or if you were doing it on purpose. by doing it on purpose it gives it more power. ( I have seen to many people do it on accident and then wonder why they are fought back. )

I am still on the stating of facts./ still even if I agree with some of them. they are still opinions in the end. If I think the game is total crap that is my choice but someone else this it is the best thing since sliced bread. that is their choice too. I do agree there is a over all general public opinion of it and that is normally right . Still in the end all options are just that.

But using them to spark debate is a mean tactic. lol I love it. it is almost baiting their inner rage. lol

Unless of course your me and the universe rotates around me kidding

as for being arrogant... you and me both have been here since the start. ( well atleast I have. your name was regs two months before mine and I thought I remembered you. ) were both old farts. we earned the right to be arrogant. and both have seen our fair share of threads like this. Oh and Storm-Strike did prove what I thought this was. anyway I go back to my old age. I choose to be arrogant. get off my lawn

Anyway good show. I enjoyed that.

*EDIT* You Sir Made My Evening.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1110
02-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
hahaha. I knew I liked you for a reason. you do have very good points, and your a good sport. that is the way to respond. I wasn't sure if you were doing it on accident or if you were doing it on purpose. by doing it on purpose it gives it more power. ( I have seen to many people do it on accident and then wonder why they are fought back. )

I am still on the stating of facts./ still even if I agree with some of them. they are still opinions in the end. If I think the game is total crap that is my choice but someone else this it is the best thing since sliced bread. that is their choice too. I do agree there is a over all general public opinion of it and that is normally right . Still in the end all options are just that.

But using them to spark debate is a mean tactic. lol I love it. it is almost baiting their inner rage. lol

Unless of course your me and the universe rotates around me kidding

as for being arrogant... you and me both have been here since the start. ( well atleast I have. your name was regs two months before mine and I thought I remembered you. ) were both old farts. we earned the right to be arrogant. and both have seen our fair share of threads like this. Oh and Storm-Strike did prove what I thought this was. anyway I go back to my old age. I choose to be arrogant. get off my lawn

Anyway good show. I enjoyed that.

*EDIT* You Sir Made My Evening.
Now that's the spirit

I really do wish more people wouldn't take too much personal umbridge. In the end it's only a game.

That said, I should have mentioned that I am an arrogant so so too, however i'm sure most of my posts show that any who.

Old fart? Hmmmm. Yep, your right, thats exactly what we both are...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 PM.