Lt. Commander
# 1211 tried swtor today
03-16-2012, 05:02 AM
ive got to hand it to bioware, if i was a star wars fan in the slightest id jump right over there, theres so many little things i wish we had in this game, it makes me cry a little. but oh well im a trek fan so i guess ill take what i can get untill someone does it right.
so folks, you guys see anything in tor you wish cryptic would of thought of too?
Lt. Commander
# 1212
03-16-2012, 05:35 AM
)Raises Hand)

OO OO

I know two huge things I wish right now.

#1 Like our Doffs, let us send off the BOs on sub missions. Let there be a risk to a few of them, but of course the reward would be greater. And if you lose one of your BOs, you get to do a funeral cinma send off for them.

#2 Let the BOs craft while we are offline! I mean come on, is that some we can't have? If some people want to stand around all day crafting that fine, but some of us still want to spend time out on advantures. I use to be heary on crafting, but in STO I find crafting a little well.............to plain so I don't really do it. But if my BOs could be assigned to do it for me, I would love it. lol

I found that a cool feature over at SWTOR, you can setup your follower to do odds and end jobs for you, while your off still saving the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 1213
03-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Story.

I was on TOR most of the time this Sring Break...TOR is just a better game overall. But STO needs STORY more than anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 1214
03-16-2012, 07:05 AM
The first thing i noticed right after loggin on was it just felt more interactive, right off the bat your having conversations with npcs, complete with voice overs, something sto is severly lacking. Oh and people, dear lord i saw people, and the only time you see anyone in sto is outside of mission, either flying around or on a space station, i didnt realize how i missed the mmo part or an mmo untill i played something that actually incorporates other players. god i wish i liked star wars.
Lt. Commander
# 1215
03-16-2012, 07:10 AM
A new TOR thread popped up with another who liked the game. It's just not his IP choice.
Lt. Commander
# 1216
03-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachenhaut View Post
complete with voice overs, something sto is severly lacking.
It's severely lacking, but the game doesn't need it. The game needs more quality control before we start diving into cutscenes and voice overs.

The only reason Bioware can get away with it is because they're a "top tier" developer being fueled by an industry giant. Cryptic doesn't seem to have either of those, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 1217
03-16-2012, 08:32 AM
STO would´ve looked dramatically different too, if Cryptic had a budget of 300 mill and could employ 10 times the current number of about 30 devs on STO alone.
And had more than 18 months to develop it properly from the start instead of having to clobber together an "emergency" MMO to save the license that the rinkydink Perpetuum devs almost squandered by doing basically nothing for 2 years prior.

About story, we have story. A whole Foundry full of stories.
It´s just that they´re totally wasted as they are without consequence on the game. Heck the actual missions barely have any real consequences.

But at least you´re not led by a ring through the nose all the time.
Admittedly mainly because there´s not much to lead one through.
Lt. Commander
# 1218
03-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
)Raises Hand)
*SNIP
#2 Let the BOs craft while we are offline! I mean come on, is that some we can't have? If some people want to stand around all day crafting that fine, but some of us still want to spend time out on advantures. I use to be heary on crafting, but in STO I find crafting a little well.............to plain so I don't really do it. But if my BOs could be assigned to do it for me, I would love it. lol
^ this, a thousands times this and seeing that crafting is probably season 7 or 8 its not too early to start thinking of how this could be implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 1219
03-16-2012, 11:17 AM
not to be a smart arse here, but one thing TOR has that STO Still doesnt'

2 full factions, that you can play from game start. and enjoy a full complete story with. Over all the story in TOR makes it so much better.
Lt. Commander
# 1220
03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Butters
^ this, a thousands times this and seeing that crafting is probably season 7 or 8 its not too early to start thinking of how this could be implemented.
Actually my DOFFs are currently crafting an armor for me. I just have no idea what it´s gona be.

I also have quite the assortment of turret/beam schematics from all those prototype assignments. Wish the lazy bunch would finally start noticing these too.

BTW, how long does it take to hit the level cap on this "free weekend"?