Lt. Commander
# 1271
03-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Hmm, so I take it you don't have any hobbies at all that you don't pay for?

Football? A Car? Blu ray disks? You don't buy computer games?

For some people myself included, MMo's are our hobby so 10 a month to play TOR or even 20 a month to play 2 games, is not such a great outlay.

My friend goes shooting monthly and spends over 30 on this. My friend next store is a car junky and spends all his weekends tinkering with cars and spending what I see as being a "waste of money" on little things. However it's not a waste of money to him and thats what count.

Lots of activities cost money to relax. I have 2 kids and they will be going to college in the next 10 years but do you know what, I am saving up for them as well as having my own fun however they will also being paying for college themselves too.

They have to learn "no free rides" in this world.
Yes I do, but I won't be gouged. All the things you're talking about are fairly standard retail items. Profits on these items ususally run about 33% above the wholesale cost. If a bullet costs 60 cents to make and ship, I have no problem paying a dollar for it.

Football actually has a much lower profit margin than retail, but they have economics of scale on their side.

But P2P MMO's have a profit margin in the thousands of percent. They are GOUGING their customers.

Now I don't have a problem with that. We live in a plutocracy. Money is power. Anything that separates stupid people, or "chumps", from their money is actually a good thing. But if it's all the same to you I'm not a chump, and I'd rather suffer the snide contempt of the P2P veterans on this board than squander my families hard earned money. I'd just as soon use that money to support some legitimate businesses that are out making an honest buck, like PW, than companies like Blizzard that treat their costumers like complete *******.

For the record this little crack set the tone for this exchange:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
$180 a year is a norm....I assume you're a silver F2P'er?

EDIT: Seems like it, 2012 Man you people make me laugh.
Now if this forum culture considers it OK to treat newbies with that kind of contempt then this game is going to die, but it won't be SWtOR that killed it.

All I said was that no video game is worth $180 a year. I stand by that. If ya'll wanna keep this pointless exchange up I'm game, but I've said my peace.
Lt. Commander
# 1272
03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WParder View Post
Originally copied (between the **) of SWTOR Forums, the threat has more than 1000 posts, is reopened and again with more than 5oo posts. MOST of the posts tell almost the same with different words.

** Seems like almost every server is low population. At Peak hours, there are not many people on any one server. Rift had this issue, and in the beginning, they shut down servers, and allowed people to merge to other servers. It's odd that it takes hours at lvl 50 for a PVP game to pop, as there is hardly anyone on the servers. They also need to implement CROSS REALM Ques. WOW did this, and was a huge success. For any new MMO not to include this off the bat, is beyond bizarre to me. I think Bioware is too focused on fixing bugs than getting these servers in line. Wish I never leveled on what is now a "Low POP" server, as most of the time I feel like this is a single player game.

Bioware, what say you? **

Sry this is similar to my experience, and i CANT FIND THESE 1.5 MILL active players.

Beside that, imo the OLD HERO ENGINE is not just old, the chars and the movements are ugly in comparison to STO. How my chars jump in swtor makes me laugh (or vomit)

I played 3 month, i will never excuse BioWare never ....
what u made out of one of my favorite scifi stories !
Looking at the light, heavy, etc could be misleading. If they increase server capacity like they did not long after launch, that will be part of it. Now I haven't really played in about 3 weeks and there was a lot of normal and highs then. But since ME3 release, my time in TOR dropped a lot just like a lot of games. Then the ME3 ending has kind of turned me off gaming as much as I used to.
Lt. Commander
# 1273
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmonkey

[snip]
So PWE has nothing wrong with them in your mind? From what I heard, you are correct with how Blizzard treats their customers, but PWE is almost as bad, by not giving a damn about the customers, just their money via lottery / gambling introduced into STO (the boxes) and what seemed to be a bigger focus on the C-store.

Hey, I didn't create the MMO pricing standard, but if you feel like shooting the messenger go for it...I'll just hit RESPAWN.

----------------------------------------

But I am at least enjoying how the CS over at TOR has been treating its players (or am I just lucky?) with very fast resposes most of the time, or at least acknowledging and making a real apology if the reply is an X amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 1274
03-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Man you people make me laugh.
NHL Hockey and Madden Football are both EA games. A lot of people buy those EA games. What's the problem with EA? They make solid sports games.
Lt. Commander
# 1275
03-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WParder View Post
Sry this is similar to my experience, and i CANT FIND THESE 1.5 MILL active players.
The game is huge, with a large, thriving population. It just requires you (the collective) to be more friendly and outgoing than most gamers are used to being in order to tap into that social structure.

I group. I chat. I socialize. My friends list is big. I'm always running into people.
Lt. Commander
# 1276
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
NHL Hockey and Madden Football are both EA games. A lot of people buy those EA games. What's the problem with EA? They make solid sports games.
There are a LOT of reasons I boycott EA. They treat their employees like crap. They buy excellent game studios, real innovators and leaders in their fields, just so they can shut them down or turn them into mills. I hate what they've done to Bioware (that used to be an awesome community). The straw that broke the camel's back as far as I was concerned was their crappy customer support. They stifle innovation. Jeeze I could just go on and on.

Madden Football is actually one of my big problems with EA. You're right, it's a great game. BUT...

Why do I have to buy a new $80 game EVERY year?

Think about it. What really changes? The ROSTER. That's it. Sometimes a little mini-game gets added or tweaked. These minor changes between each edition could easily be delivered as downloadable content.

For all practical purposes they are reselling us the same game over and over. This is something EA does a lot. They basically reskin racing games and first person shooters and resell them as "new".

I have a problem with that.

Quote:
So PWE has nothing wrong with them in your mind? From what I heard, you are correct with how Blizzard treats their customers, but PWE is almost as bad, by not giving a damn about the customers, just their money via lottery / gambling introduced into STO (the boxes) and what seemed to be a bigger focus on the C-store.

Hey, I didn't create the MMO pricing standard, but if you feel like shooting the messenger go for it...I'll just hit RESPAWN.

----------------------------------------

But I am at least enjoying how the CS over at TOR has been treating its players (or am I just lucky?) with very fast resposes most of the time, or at least acknowledging and making a real apology if the reply is an X amount of time.
I'm not saying PW is perfect. Just that their pricing structure is honest.
Lt. Commander
# 1277
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
There are a LOT of reasons I boycott EA. They treat their employees like crap. They buy excellent game studios, real innovators and leaders in their fields, just so they can shut them down or turn them into mills. I hate what they've done to Bioware (that used to be an awesome community). The straw that broke the camel's back as far as I was concerned was their crappy customer support. They stifle innovation. Jeeze I could just go on and on.

Madden Football is actually one of my big problems with EA. You're right, it's a great game. BUT...

Why do I have to buy a new $80 game EVERY year?

Think about it. What really changes? The ROSTER. That's it. Sometimes a little mini-game gets added or tweaked. These minor changes between each edition could easily be delivered as downloadable content.

For all practical purposes they are reselling us the same game over and over. This is something EA does a lot. They basically reskin racing games and first person shooters and resell them as "new".

I have a problem with that.

I'm not saying PW is perfect. Just that their pricing structure is honest.
Your Madden complaints are very valid. And some of your accusations about EA and employees I know all too well. Actually, I only got one Madden when I upgraded the game system. Like when I got a 360, I got a Madden to play on it. That would have been my last Madden except someone I know got a job at EA so he got me the Madden and NCAA 11's for the employee price of 20 dollars each. Let's just say he quit before it was time to get ME3.

So my next full price I'll pay for Madden will be when I finally will get a next generation from now console. And I probably will wait still since I doubt it will be much different than the 360 game.
Lt. Commander
# 1278
03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
[snip]
$80 for a Madden game? Sinse when?

Anyway...the thread seems to have gone to limbo now....

So to get back on topic: How do you guys think of Update 1.2?

I know my Commando is no longer going to have a good future...
Lt. Commander
# 1279
03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
I know my Commando is no longer going to have a good future...
Why not? I've only skimmed some 1.2 details.
Lt. Commander
# 1280
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Why not? I've only skimmed some 1.2 details.
Trooper in general, especially Commando healing is getting nerfed...it;s too bad PVE and PVP will both be effected. Apparently Commando healing is too good...yet I haven't noticed anything pertaining a nerf in Sith Sorcerer lightning spam that pretty much determines a WZ.