Lt. Commander
# 1281
03-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Trying to read thru this whole thread....um No not going to do it.

Touching on the to and fro going down, Um no just coming back here I wouldnt want to make anyone angry.

To OP I okay KOTOR, and like MOST mmos the end game is LACKING, but it is a fun game none the less.

STO is getting better than when I left her, and I think some of the options here are better than biowares, period. That said, Bioware is addressing there shortcomings alot faster than Cryptic did around here.

I wont take one game over the other, they differ in many ways, and I enjoy them both and hope to continue to do so
Lt. Commander
# 1282
03-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I think where people are getting it wrong is when they enter this thread, they come in with this whole TOR VS STO mentality, and thats where where everyone falls short. I mean both games are worlds apart, though they share a central theme which is sci fi, yet they have enough in them to separate them.

The thing is Star Wars Fans vs Star Trek fans have been an ongoing issue since both the shows and the movies have made their debut. I grew up watching Star Trek, for that matter grew up watching some of the classic westerns that had some of the Star Trek actors in them, but I also remember seeing Star Wars for the first time on the BIG screen back in 1977 at the old Capital Theatre in downtown.

I don't know, is it just me? This whole Star Trek VS Star Wars issues is more prevalent in the younger generation, because it wasn't as bad back then as it is now, especially now that the gaming generation is in full bloom.
Lt. Commander
# 1283
03-22-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Why not? I've only skimmed some 1.2 details.
The usual complains about balance changes. Every class is nerfed, so no class is playable anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 1284
03-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
[...]
I don't know, is it just me? This whole Star Trek VS Star Wars issues is more prevalent in the younger generation, because it wasn't as bad back then as it is now, especially now that the gaming generation is in full bloom.
Actually, I have never met a person who likes the one and toally dislikes the other. I mean, sure, they are different genres, but both are entertaining shows.

However, a game without real space ship combat besides and arcade shooter won't make me subscribe, that's for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 1285
03-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I love the space combat in this game because it reminds me of Star Fox.

Tho, I don't keep up with Space Combat in TOR past the 1st Tier.

I just do it early for a fast buck.
Lt. Commander
# 1286
03-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
I love the space combat in this game because it reminds me of Star Fox.

Tho, I don't keep up with Space Combat in TOR past the 1st Tier.

I just do it early for a fast buck.
Best space map in TOR comes like around level 40ish. The mine field one. People give up on space there before they reach it though. Especially since the first few get rehashed just with enemies with better shields so you can't one-shoot them in the late 20s through the 30s.
Lt. Commander
# 1287
03-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
TOR is a brilliant game and Star Trek deserves the same treatment from a competent gaming company.

Unfortunately though I'm not a big enough Star Wars fan to justify keeping my sub. And I don't have time for mass amounts of end game content.
SWToR doesn't have massive amounts of endgame content - just a broken PvP system they are working to fix with some player input (the recent GSWToR Guild summit); and the usual 4 instance grind to gear up for the newer end game instances they are releasing. If WoW type grind raiding is your thing - that's SWToR's endgame model.
Lt. Commander
# 1288
03-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
SWToR doesn't have massive amounts of endgame content - just a broken PvP system they are working to fix with some player input (the recent GSWToR Guild summit); and the usual 4 instance grind to gear up for the newer end game instances they are releasing. If WoW type grind raiding is your thing - that's SWToR's endgame model.
Ouch..... I would like to rebuke you sir......... I would LIKE too ,,,, Wish I could

Its fun still , c'mon man its getting better, its one of the better beta tests going....Lol ( did I say that ? )
Lt. Commander
# 1289
03-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
how is what any of what you said any different from sto?????? its not!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 1290
03-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
how is what any of what you said any different from sto?????? its not!!!!!!!!
Well because I am bored.... Ill step up to plate.....

STO has more custom options for your toon, alot is cosmetic, but the choices are there.

I have recently returned to STO so cant list all the diff things but, exploration is better in STO, IMO, the univerce is much larger. Ships and space combat are better in STO .

Being able to make your enviroment more your own, i.e hanging accolades etc. better here.

As far as endgame, I have to tell you I think ALL mmo's are falling short on that, just some pointless daily grind to get a carrot..... no I am not happy with any of them, as I return here I am hoping for something better, but.... we will need to see, may leave as quick as I started again.