Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1291
03-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Well because I am bored.... Ill step up to plate.....

STO has more custom options for your toon, alot is cosmetic, but the choices are there.

I have recently returned to STO so cant list all the diff things but, exploration is better in STO, IMO, the univerce is much larger. Ships and space combat are better in STO .

Being able to make your enviroment more your own, i.e hanging accolades etc. better here.

As far as endgame, I have to tell you I think ALL mmo's are falling short on that, just some pointless daily grind to get a carrot..... no I am not happy with any of them, as I return here I am hoping for something better, but.... we will need to see, may leave as quick as I started again.
swtor was never ment to be a space go treking the starts type of game and exploration dun way better in eveonline then star trek will ever dream of and ask for grinding love it better in tor then sto even wow is better then sto as far as grinding gose sto is kill scan kill scan kill scan in tor and wow its may be kill 10 things but the make the story better at kill 10 of this so on where in sto its gets old very fast more so if you have played over 2 years

as far as
STO has more custom options for your toon wow has less then both but still has way more player then the both only thing sto is good at is space combat but as said it gets old fast and not to say for custom options only thing cryptic dose also do right
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1292
03-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
swtor was never ment to be a space go treking the starts type of game and exploration dun way better in eveonline then star trek will ever dream of and ask for grinding love it better in tor then sto even wow is better then sto as far as grinding gose sto is kill scan kill scan kill scan in tor and wow its may be kill 10 things but the make the story better at kill 10 of this so on where in sto its gets old very fast more so if you have played over 2 years

as far as
STO has more custom options for your toon wow has less then both but still has way more player then the both only thing sto is good at is space combat but as said it gets old fast and not to say for custom options only thing cryptic dose also do right
Yes it was supposed to be epic space adventure....


You miss it tho man, I dont play WoW, so comparisons mean little to me, I know my guildies that play WoW have had enough of the same thing...period.


I know of NO game that has GREAT endgame, all have drastic flaws.....um period
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1293
03-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Yes it was supposed to be epic space adventure....


You miss it tho man, I dont play WoW, so comparisons mean little to me, I know my guildies that play WoW have had enough of the same thing...period.


I know of NO game that has GREAT endgame, all have drastic flaws.....um period
i dont no who told you it was i new full well space was going to be a more or less mini game before the game even launched so if you thot it was going to be a game treking the stars of star wars you was wrong

and swtor has more end game then sto and ask for better wow dose dont care if you have played it or not
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1294
03-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Times must of changed.
I would of thought naturally if you're a real science fiction fan, you would love both Star Wars and Star trek.


I guess I'm wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1295
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
i dont no who told you it was i new full well space was going to be a more or less mini game before the game even launched so if you thot it was going to be a game treking the stars of star wars you was wrong

and swtor has more end game then sto and ask for better wow dose dont care if you have played it or not
No sence in continuing with you, your mind is closed. Never did I state one game is better than another YOU DID, I simply said some things are better here than in KOTOR because YOU asked what was the diff, and I stepped up and responded.

KOTOR was supposed to have space, no it was not supposed to be just a mini game, and my info comes from the 8 months I tested it for beta squad 238.

And it isnt just space combat I speak of when I say the game was supposed to be an epic space adventure, to translate to english, an epic game with depth and a large selection of planets to explore.


So , I responded to ya nicely, I can see your whole thing is to be right, even if your not... So enjoy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1296
03-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_DemonKnight
Times must of changed.
I would of thought naturally if you're a real science fiction fan, you would love both Star Wars and Star trek.


I guess I'm wrong.
No your not , I still luv em both, I am hooked on sci-fi for life
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1297
03-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_DemonKnight
Times must of changed.
I would of thought naturally if you're a real science fiction fan, you would love both Star Wars and Star trek.


I guess I'm wrong.
i love both star trek and star wars but i do not love craptic and how they have made this game
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1298
03-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
No sence in continuing with you, your mind is closed. Never did I state one game is better than another YOU DID, I simply said some things are better here than in KOTOR because YOU asked what was the diff, and I stepped up and responded.

KOTOR was supposed to have space, no it was not supposed to be just a mini game, and my info comes from the 8 months I tested it for beta squad 238.

And it isnt just space combat I speak of when I say the game was supposed to be an epic space adventure, to translate to english, an epic game with depth and a large selection of planets to explore.


So , I responded to ya nicely, I can see your whole thing is to be right, even if your not... So enjoy
i never asked you any thing

and also show me this info where tor space was not to be a mini game???? can you even show something from bio saying it was not??????
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1299
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman
SWToR doesn't have massive amounts of endgame content - just a broken PvP system they are working to fix with some player input (the recent GSWToR Guild summit); and the usual 4 instance grind to gear up for the newer end game instances they are releasing. If WoW type grind raiding is your thing - that's SWToR's endgame model.
how is what any of what you said any different from sto?????? its not!!!!!!!!
1Question posed on open forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
how is what any of what you said any different from sto?????? its not!!!!!!!!
Well because I am bored.... Ill step up to plate.....

STO has more custom options for your toon, alot is cosmetic, but the choices are there.

I have recently returned to STO so cant list all the diff things but, exploration is better in STO, IMO, the univerce is much larger. Ships and space combat are better in STO .

Being able to make your enviroment more your own, i.e hanging accolades etc. better here.

2. Simple responce, not saying one game is better than another, just responding to the diff.

As far as endgame, I have to tell you I think ALL mmo's are falling short on that, just some pointless daily grind to get a carrot..... no I am not happy with any of them, as I return here I am hoping for something better, but.... we will need to see, may leave as quick as I started again.

3. I think you did not even read this part
NEXT YOU POST

swtor was never ment to be a space go treking the starts type of game
4.You ask for proof, go to the Bioware site and read it. They even let people at comic-con play the space part to see how it was recieved, further it was supossed to feel like you were exploring the Star Wars Univerce, an "epic space feel " some confution between you and I here

and exploration dun way better in eveonline then star trek will ever dream of and ask for grinding love it better in tor then sto even wow is better then sto as far as grinding gose sto is kill scan kill scan kill scan in tor and wow its may be kill 10 things but the make the story better at kill 10 of this so on where in sto its gets old very fast more so if you have played over 2 years
5.You get hard to understand for me here, but if I get it, your trying to tell me how bad the games are compared to Wow and Eve online.... what you dont understand this never was a contest to me, just a comparison between KOTOR and STO period
as far as
STO has more custom options for your toon wow has less then both but still has way more player then the both only thing sto is good at is space combat but as said it gets old fast and not to say for custom options only thing cryptic dose also do right


6. Last time I saw that Wow had more players than KOTOR, it was on their forum, ( another forum hmmmm ) I know a bunch of folks that quoted all kinds of sources to argue. I know it suppossed to be the biggest mmo launch to date...once again topic for debate, and that wasnt the purpose of my responce
__________________
NEXT I POSTED
Yes it was supposed to be epic space adventure....


You miss it tho man, I dont play WoW, so comparisons mean little to me, I know my guildies that play WoW have had enough of the same thing...period.


I know of NO game that has GREAT endgame, all have drastic flaws.....um period


9. Once again trying to tell you I wasnt here to argue with you, I have endgame issues with all mmo's
I POSTED NEXT

No sence in continuing with you, your mind is closed. Never did I state one game is better than another YOU DID, I simply said some things are better here than in KOTOR because YOU asked what was the diff, and I stepped up and responded.

I said this because you seemed more intent on telling me something instead of taking my words as I ment them

KOTOR was supposed to have space, no it was not supposed to be just a mini game, and my info comes from the 8 months I tested it for beta squad 238.
I say this because I did Beta test the game and they say, the first expantion will be space...we debated on the forums for months ( the testers and the devs )

And it isnt just space combat I speak of when I say the game was supposed to be an epic space adventure, to translate to english, an epic game with depth and a large selection of planets to explore

So , I responded to ya nicely, I can see your whole thing is to be right, even if your not... So enjoy


10. It was clear I wasnt making good communications with you , as in my opinion, you kept trying to "make an argument"

AND SNAP >>YOU SAY

i never asked you any thing

Not directly but addressed above, question asked on public forum

and also show me this info where tor space was not to be a mini game???? can you even show something from bio saying it was not??????

Also delt with above, you question me, call me a liar, and tell me to prove you wrong, when the info is all over the net. Dude this is online gaming forum, you need to lighten up and chillaxe... No one agrees all the time, but you dont need to shove your opinon down someones throat
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1300
03-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
i love both star trek and star wars but i do not love craptic and how they have made this game
Well I like it, so I guess conversations is over.

There is nothing you can say to convince me this game is crap.

There is nothing I can say to convince you the game is awesome.

Enjoy star wars.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.