Lt. Commander
# 1341
03-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
If that's all you did and got banned then you should dispute that. Although that won't do any good as STO mods all cover up for each other. But that's not a ban worthy offense as it breaks no rule.
it it was by stromshade called it advertisement for another game and i have tried to dispute it no surprise no word back from them and this happen back in November
Lt. Commander
# 1342
03-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Lol its not that bad.... lvl50 bounty hunter , merc. I am waiting for the 1.2

But as far as this thread, I ove sto
Never really did Bounty Hunter...Beta testing that class only a little bit before I got bored out of my mind...then I went back to testing Trooper... :p
Lt. Commander
# 1343
03-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Never really did Bounty Hunter...Beta testing that class only a little bit before I got bored out of my mind...then I went back to testing Trooper... :p
I liked BH in beta but it was a slow start to actually care what the story was.
Lt. Commander
# 1344
03-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
it it was by stromshade called it advertisement for another game and i have tried to dispute it no surprise no word back from them and this happen back in November
If it's done by Shady then there's no hope. And November, you sure that ticket is still open? Tickets made before F2P I heard and seen mysteriously vanished.
Lt. Commander
# 1345
03-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
If it's done by Shady then there's no hope. And November, you sure that ticket is still open? Tickets made before F2P I heard and seen mysteriously vanished.
i can try again but its really no worry F2P let me back on here i just do miss my blue title but its no bigy
Lt. Commander
# 1346
03-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Flying in circles, scanners having a 6 km limit (although many eps spoke of scanning a lot further away than that), combat flying in circles because the enemy instantly changes direction to match you to stay on your sides, etc. There are many flaws in this game and no fanboism can change that.
Who says? Star Trek is ALWAYS talking about "long range" scans and "short range" scans. Just because the interact distance for "short range scans" is limited to a few miles doesn't mean mission designers can't (and don't) let you get mission information from scanners from whatever distance they want.

Star Trek has no canon for ranges or distances. The game had to make up a few things to be playable. As far as diversions from canon goes scanner distance is the least of them.

But even if they don't stick to the letter of canon, they at least (usually) try to adhere to the spirit of it. It's certainly no "Bridge Commander", but they did about as well as could be expected considering the medium.
Lt. Commander
# 1347
03-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmonkey
Who says? Star Trek is ALWAYS talking about "long range" scans and "short range" scans. Just because the interact distance for "short range scans" is limited to a few miles doesn't mean mission designers can't (and don't) let you get mission information from scanners from whatever distance they want.

Star Trek has no canon for ranges or distances. The game had to make up a few things to be playable. As far as diversions from canon goes scanner distance is the least of them.

But even if they don't stick to the letter of canon, they at least (usually) try to adhere to the spirit of it. It's certainly no "Bridge Commander", but they did about as well as could be expected considering the medium.

There is many references but here's one:

From the TNG ep "Conundrum"

22 GEORDI

glances up from his station.

GEORDI
More like -- who did this to us?

23 RESUME

as everyone looks over toward Geordi.

GEORDI
(indicating monitor)
I've got some intermittent sensor
readings here... the scan keeps
repeating itself -- like it's
stuck. But it looks like there's
metallic debris right in front
of us. Distance: seventeen
kilometers.
Lt. Commander
# 1348
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
WoK when trying to get outside of explosion of Reliant:

KIRK
Distance from Reliant...

CHEKOV
Four hundred kilometers.

So that scene, you think it's over 40 times the distance of the scenes with them firing on each other? And that TOS era not post TNG as this game is set.
Lt. Commander
# 1349
03-25-2012, 06:44 PM
From First Contact in Cochran's ship:

218 INT. PHOENIX COCKPIT 218

They're SLAMMED BACK into their seats from the massive
G-forces.

GEORDI
Warp field looks good...
structural integrity holding...

Picard activates a monitor which begins showing a
digital display of their speed.

PICARD
(off monitor)
Speed... twenty thousand
kilometers per second.

later...

The CABIN shakes a little.

GEORDI
The inertial dampers are having
trouble compensating... I don't
think Cochrane built this thing
for comfort.

PICARD
Speed -- two hundred, seventy-five
thousand kilometers per second.

So if Cochran's ship traveled that fast, when we see the thing pop on our screen saying it's 16-18 km away and full impulse post TNG era, you'd shoot past it in a blink of an eye.
Lt. Commander
# 1350
03-25-2012, 07:12 PM
TNG "The Outcast"

RIKER
Mister Data, reconfigure for a
high-resolution sweep with a
radius of one million kilometers.
Look for possible debris.

Data works controls once more.

DATA
Scan shows no debris within
that radius.

KRITE
I don't understand it. A
shuttle doesn't simply vanish.

Now Data should have told Krite: Well, our weak scanners can actually only work within six kilometers so Riker was just trolling you. We'll have to scan out here all year to cover it with our six kilometer limit.