Lt. Commander
# 1391
03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Legacy system seems kind of meh considering how much they told us to wait wait wait for the details.
Emotes? Meh. I have emotes in this game because of the DDE that I haven't used one time yet. Boooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnggggggg.

Mail and Auction on ship? Nice idea. Tying it to Legacy and making you spend credits on it? UGH.

The companion unlock thing might be nice but I can see issues with it and will take a wait and see approach there.
Lt. Commander
# 1392
03-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Just unlocked my Legacy (first time ever) with my Lv35 Jedi Sage. Choosing a legacy/surname and thinking that I could forge my characters into a "family" is exciting enough. Then again, perhaps I'm easily entertained whenever my imagination is given stuff to work with above and beyond gameplay mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 1393
03-29-2012, 12:31 PM
I still need to unlock my Legacy on the PvE server I use. My PvP Legacy was unlocked like a week after I started playing the game. I didn't do many side missions to rush to Legacy up to that point. I was in my high 20's.

On the PvE server I am not rushing to Legacy.
Lt. Commander
# 1394
03-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
We started down the path because you tried to prove this statement wrong. Even go so far as to say there is no canon to support this statement. I have since shown example after example after example of it to be true via the shows/movies. And each time you reply there is no canon to support this.

I have yet to see you supply ONE instance from the shows/movies of them having to get within 6km to scan, fly in circles during combat or just to go "up" and "down" (that's kind of off since space really doesn't have an up or down in the traditional sense of how we see it while planetside on Earth), enemy instant changing directions to stay on the side, or anything I pointed out here.

But several times the reply is there is no canon for scanning more than 6km or firing further than 10km (which is even mentioned in STO's tutorial for crying out loud). So show me examples from the show that says they can't scan further than 6km or fire more than 10km. I'm tired of giving examples yet get back "there is no canon" comments.
You would be absolutely right... if I had EVER said any such thing. I did not. All I said, and this is like the fourth AND LAST time I'm going to say it, was that because there was no canon in regards to ranges for weapons and scanners the Devs were obligated to make some up.
Lt. Commander
# 1395
03-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmonkey
You would be absolutely right... if I had EVER said any such thing. I did not. All I said, and this is like the fourth AND LAST time I'm going to say it, was that because there was no canon in regards to ranges for weapons and scanners the Devs were obligated to make some up.
Awwwwww Snap... Oh ,,,,No he didntnt...............!!!!!!! Sorry , this thread begs for it.

SWKOTOR has been a blast, now I am lvl 50 have to pvp my arse...well ya know

I AM BORED IN TOR HALF THE TIME getting groups is ..forget it, noob to the server want to join your guild so you can help them grind........... Server pop is fluctuating now to the point you dont know if the game is sinking or not.

Now guys no game today has great endplay in my opinion, but this patch for TOR better be good, or folks gonna try something else for a month or two...hell I am looking at global agenda again, already came back here
Lt. Commander
# 1396
03-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Just unlocked my Legacy (first time ever) with my Lv35 Jedi Sage. Choosing a legacy/surname and thinking that I could forge my characters into a "family" is exciting enough. Then again, perhaps I'm easily entertained whenever my imagination is given stuff to work with above and beyond gameplay mechanics.
I wish there was actually info though when I made my Legacy name during the first month...there was 0 info on it and no one helped me haha...in a way it's ok..but I want to try to make a Sith Pureblood either my father or something...but my legacy is the name of my main...so yeah.....wish they had the info out when we first started making names instead of a ? at the bottom of the legacy screen saying more info soon....oh well....
Lt. Commander
# 1397
03-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmonkey
But there is canon to show distances greater than 6km for scans and 10km for firing as shown before. Yet the bold shows you saying "because there was no canon in regards to ranges..." But there is canon to show there are ranges greater than Cryptic made it as I have shown by the scripts of several episodes. You have yet to provide they CAN'T do more than that range. You just must not think those episodes are canon then to say there is no canon to say greater than 6km scans or 10km firing.
Lt. Commander
# 1398
03-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I wish there was actually info though when I made my Legacy name during the first month...there was 0 info on it and no one helped me haha...in a way it's ok..but I want to try to make a Sith Pureblood either my father or something...but my legacy is the name of my main...so yeah.....wish they had the info out when we first started making names instead of a ? at the bottom of the legacy screen saying more info soon....oh well....
They should allow a legacy name reset with all the lack of information they gave.
Lt. Commander
# 1399
03-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
They should allow a legacy name reset with all the lack of information they gave.
There is talk about it, along with server transfers
Lt. Commander
# 1400
03-31-2012, 10:52 PM
And Behold the newest info on 1.2 Update!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120401

April Fools!