Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1401
04-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
And Behold the newest info on 1.2 Update!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120401

April Fools!
Pretty funny stuff there, wonder if Cryptic will do anything for April Fools day (Doubt it, since it's a Sunday)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1402
04-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
And Behold the newest info on 1.2 Update!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120401

April Fools!
The first video made me laugh soooooooo hard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1403
04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
But there is canon to show distances greater than 6km for scans and 10km for firing as shown before. Yet the bold shows you saying "because there was no canon in regards to ranges..." But there is canon to show there are ranges greater than Cryptic made it as I have shown by the scripts of several episodes. You have yet to provide they CAN'T do more than that range. You just must not think those episodes are canon then to say there is no canon to say greater than 6km scans or 10km firing.
Dude, I've conceded that in EVERY post. I've not only conceded that, I've shown you how builders work around it in the foundry and I've explained how the space/interact limitation can be interpreted as a "short range" or "difficult" scan.

You, sir, are arguing with a straw man, and that's just lame. Or maybe you're on the level. Maybe you're just one of those people who sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA LA" when other people are talking.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1404
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Pretty funny stuff there, wonder if Cryptic will do anything for April Fools day (Doubt it, since it's a Sunday)
PRE-ORDER: New Federation Carrier
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1405
04-01-2012, 11:10 PM
hmm im interested in trying out TOR. Anyone got a friend trial invite?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1406
04-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmonkey
Dude, I've conceded that in EVERY post. I've not only conceded that, I've shown you how builders work around it in the foundry and I've explained how the space/interact limitation can be interpreted as a "short range" or "difficult" scan.

You, sir, are arguing with a straw man, and that's just lame. Or maybe you're on the level. Maybe you're just one of those people who sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA LA" when other people are talking.
Last post you did I bolded when you said there is no canon. Now you say you conceded that in every post?

Thing is there is actually no canon that says the 6km limit to any type scans or 10km limit to weapons if we must bring canon up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1407
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .dlp.Mercenary
hmm im interested in trying out TOR. Anyone got a friend trial invite?
If nobody sent you one yet, I will. I don't even think they give any kind of buddy reward like this game used to.

Edit: nvm. Limit of 3. Maybe someone else can help.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1408
04-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Last post you did I bolded when you said there is no canon. Now you say you conceded that in every post?

Thing is there is actually no canon that says the 6km limit to any type scans or 10km limit to weapons if we must bring canon up.
No, Dude. I did not.

What I said was there was no canon at all because the use of real distances in regards to weapons, scanners, transporters, etc in the shows and movies is inconsistent.

I guess you missed it, but my exact words were:
"...ranges in Star Trek aren't covered in the writer's bible, and they aren't dictated by technical guidelines. Ranges in Star Trek are adjusted to suit the dramatic requirements of the moment... because the show is riddled with these inconsistencies in regards to weapon and scanner ranges the devs had no choice but to assign some standards to make the game playable, and no matter what choices they made they would have been violating "canon", because the "canon" you are talking about doesn't exist. It is internally inconsistent."

I stand by that. The ranges offered in Star Trek shows and movies have no internal consistency, so the devs had to make stuff up. My exact words, words you deliberately misrepresented in your post, were, "because there was no canon in regards to ranges for weapons and scanners the Devs were obligated to make some up."

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1409
04-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Got the invite. Thanks.

Thoughts:

I havent even got to play it yet.

Did you know that ontop of the normal 25 Gb install apparently there's an additional WHOPPING 11 GIGABYTE DOWNLOAD.

How do you do this Bioware? That's not how you put installers+updates together. Not all of us have Fiber Optic cables that can download at insanity speeds. Jesus Christ.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1410
04-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmonkey
You would be absolutely right... if I had EVER said any such thing. I did not. All I said, and this is like the fourth AND LAST time I'm going to say it, was that because there was no canon in regards to ranges for weapons and scanners the Devs were obligated to make some up.
You said there was NO CANON IN REGARD TO RANGES etc in a post in which I have said there is canon for ranges greater than 6km for scanners and 10 km for weapons.

So if you can understand ENGLISH, answer a simple question: is there canon for ranges GREATER than 6km scanners and 10km for weapons?

That is what I've been saying and you constantly keep trying to put that ridiculous "there is no canon" statement in every post you do in here.

Or do you not understand what greater than means? Or is it what canon means? May be your lack of English by not knowing one of these will explain a lot.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 PM.