Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1471
04-11-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
What's the difference between Jamie Lannister and Luke Skywalker?

One lost his sword hand, the other screwed his twin sister. :p

*ba-dum-TISH*

Thank you, I'm here all day.
Spoiler in black:

Um... you haven't read the books I take it. And that's all the spoiler I will put about that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1472
04-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Yeah, what Stormstrike said. That joke is just bad, straight up bad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1473
04-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Yeah, what Stormstrike said. That joke is just bad, straight up bad.

Some spoilers in black again :

I'm pretty sure if we searched hard enough too, we'd find books where Luke and Leia did it too. Now those books probably were published between 77 and 80 and not done by Lucas so not considered canon. But the books I referred to are canon by Martin. But I wonder if they will do the Jaime's hand bit on the show. Both Catelyn and Jon had hand incidents that the books seem to bring more attention to than the show so far. Catelyn's injury when that hired assassin tried to kill Bran but Summer ripped his throat out caused her hand issues. Jon Snow saving the Lord Commander by throwing the lantern and burning his hand in the process seems to been reduced to a minor burn on the show so far. So now I wonder if Jaime's hand situation will be what it is in the books.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1474
04-11-2012, 05:41 AM
ToR changed my life... in that it got me playing WoW again.

The characters were too restrictive in their roles for me to find one I enjoyed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1475
04-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Spoiler in black:

Um... you haven't read the books I take it. And that's all the spoiler I will put about that.
I have read the books, and thats why the joke is so bad. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1476
04-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Now how did I miss this response.

Hmmm, let me see. Someone enjoying a game but doesn't want to pay for the game, yet I'm enjoying the game and I have to pay for it? Why else do you think I said what I said.

I see that you are new to STO and didn't pay for the box or subscribe eh?

It's what it's worth to you. Obviously he didn't enjoy TOR enough to buy the game and sub, where as 1 mil + had no problem. What makes him so special?

Either he waits until it goes F2P (If) or he acknowledges that he has to buy the game to continue playing.

I take it STO wasn't that good that you were prepared to pay and sub eh?



Do you know who you sound like Chum? A certain Cosmic all knowing person who posts and posts on here, who thinks he's all wise when in fact he talks utter tripe...



But having said all that, TOR is still 10 times better than STO and I am enjoying the game immensely, so they can pretty much do as they want and say what they want at the moment. A bit like you use to let Cryptic do for over a year no?

If/when I get to the stage I am with STO, then I might think differently but right now I don't

Forgive me if I don't put much stock in what you say about TOR, because your mantra before it was released was "its got a rail shooter for space combat" and " Its a failure" which I believe you had to back track on.

You "claim" you still play TOR, but you do go out of your way to trash it.

At least I don't play STO when I Trash it
Well, I don't like to do personal attacks when duscussing games, or players impressions of games.

Also, I don't go out of my way to 'trash SWToR' - I give my impressions of it as a player. That I don't think it's the best MMO ever made seems to be a real sticking point for you for some reason. But again, I don't try tp trash the person expressing a view I respond to what they said and offer my view - and it's up to whomever is reading the post to decide how they want to take that view.

As for my posting huistory here - just right click and rwead my posts and I think you'll find I give Cryptic credit when I think it's deserved and also call them out when I think it's deserved - but again, if peopl are that interested in my viewpoint on STO, it's their - and if you think I was giving Cryptic a pass for a year, you must not have been reading all that closely of late - biut again, interesting that you like to resort to direct personal comments on posters who don't share your views on SWToR.

As for my 'mantra':

1) It DOES have only a rail shooter for space combat (that's just a cold hard fact); and I'm certainly not the only SWToR.

2) I've NEVER stated SWToR was a failure, EVER. What I did say (back when subscription numbers of 700 K were being reported by Massively and other gaming news sites), was that given in their earnings meetings EA themselsves stated the game needed 1 million subs to break even - that EA might indeed see the game as a failure. I also said on this very thread once EA officially reported that SWToR sub numbers were at 1.7 miullion that they made thier needede numbers and even withn attrition, that a sustained subscription base of 1 to 1.5 million was there - and SWToR was a success and in no danger. But hey, domn' let context get in the way of your slanted personal comments.


And Yes, I 'claim' to be playing SWToR currently because I am. I really do hope the 1.2 patch update improves the game and brings in more players because although they should - I know EA/BioWare won't do server merges (even though they have too many servers for their number of subscribers IMO as I never see more then 30 peeps in a zone on average.

Of course I could bring up the fact that EA/BioWare have been doing 'free pass weekends' through March and plan to continue the practise into April.

Am I saying SWToR has less then 1.7 million subs? Nope. What I AM saying is that aside from their newly opened and localized Asdain servers (which consistently show 'Heavy Load' - for the NA/EU servers, I think it would be a good idea to merge a few servers because honestly they have too many for the playerbase they have now and by the comments in those threads, many server are under populated.

Funny thig though - when Cryptis was doing this for STO 4 months post launch, many took it as a sign that STO was failing - but I'm sure since SWToR is now doing this 4 months post launch it's due to a brilliant marketing strategy eh; and of coutrse the low server population threads on the SWToR forum are figments of people's imaginations?

SWToR is good for what it is - a WoW clone only focused on ground combat (an whose ground combat and leveling mechanics work 99% like WoW's - which is intentional and a good marketing move in the long rn as you grab all the board WoW players, give them something WoW-like with a new skin; and win them over; but for me, the lack of any real gameplay innovation and a tacked on rail shooter space combat system is a dissapointment after 6+ years of development.

As foe why I still play SWToR? My MMO gaming guild that I've played with still maintains a good presense in SWToR; and I like the Star Wars skin on WoW mechanics style gameplay enough that I still enjoy SWToR end game instance raiding with them.

IF EA/BioWare ever does get around to adding a fuller space combat experience ala EVE Onlive (game mechanics not cut-throat PvP) or STO - where you can really control and fly your ship; my view of it may improve; but honestly, I AM dissapointed that they seem intent on keeping it a WoW-close with full VO; but I understand WHY they did what they did, and with all the money spent - the last thing they want to do is try something new for fear that the casual playerbase might find it to confusing/hard to grasp, get frustrated and stop paying/playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1477
04-11-2012, 01:05 PM
again swtor was never ment to be a space game like sto even there movie are more GROUND base then star trek is

also think of it like this only thing sto realy got right to me was space combat as for there ground I will give that to tor
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1478
04-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Funny thig though - when Cryptis was doing this for STO 4 months post launch, many took it as a sign that STO was failing - but I'm sure since SWToR is now doing this 4 months post launch it's due to a brilliant marketing strategy eh; and of coutrse the low server population threads on the SWToR forum are figments of people's imaginations?
I didn't follow the transition. Cryptic was doing what for STO 4 months post launch? Server mergers? Release population figures? Patch the game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1479
04-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Well, I don't like to do personal attacks when duscussing games, or players impressions of games.

Also, I don't go out of my way to 'trash SWToR' - I give my impressions of it as a player. That I don't think it's the best MMO ever made seems to be a real sticking point for you for some reason. But again, I don't try tp trash the person expressing a view I respond to what they said and offer my view - and it's up to whomever is reading the post to decide how they want to take that view.

As for my posting huistory here - just right click and rwead my posts and I think you'll find I give Cryptic credit when I think it's deserved and also call them out when I think it's deserved - but again, if peopl are that interested in my viewpoint on STO, it's their - and if you think I was giving Cryptic a pass for a year, you must not have been reading all that closely of late - biut again, interesting that you like to resort to direct personal comments on posters who don't share your views on SWToR.

As for my 'mantra':

1) It DOES have only a rail shooter for space combat (that's just a cold hard fact); and I'm certainly not the only SWToR.

2) I've NEVER stated SWToR was a failure, EVER. What I did say (back when subscription numbers of 700 K were being reported by Massively and other gaming news sites), was that given in their earnings meetings EA themselsves stated the game needed 1 million subs to break even - that EA might indeed see the game as a failure. I also said on this very thread once EA officially reported that SWToR sub numbers were at 1.7 miullion that they made thier needede numbers and even withn attrition, that a sustained subscription base of 1 to 1.5 million was there - and SWToR was a success and in no danger. But hey, domn' let context get in the way of your slanted personal comments.


And Yes, I 'claim' to be playing SWToR currently because I am. I really do hope the 1.2 patch update improves the game and brings in more players because although they should - I know EA/BioWare won't do server merges (even though they have too many servers for their number of subscribers IMO as I never see more then 30 peeps in a zone on average.

Of course I could bring up the fact that EA/BioWare have been doing 'free pass weekends' through March and plan to continue the practise into April.

Am I saying SWToR has less then 1.7 million subs? Nope. What I AM saying is that aside from their newly opened and localized Asdain servers (which consistently show 'Heavy Load' - for the NA/EU servers, I think it would be a good idea to merge a few servers because honestly they have too many for the playerbase they have now and by the comments in those threads, many server are under populated.

Funny thig though - when Cryptis was doing this for STO 4 months post launch, many took it as a sign that STO was failing - but I'm sure since SWToR is now doing this 4 months post launch it's due to a brilliant marketing strategy eh; and of coutrse the low server population threads on the SWToR forum are figments of people's imaginations?

SWToR is good for what it is - a WoW clone only focused on ground combat (an whose ground combat and leveling mechanics work 99% like WoW's - which is intentional and a good marketing move in the long rn as you grab all the board WoW players, give them something WoW-like with a new skin; and win them over; but for me, the lack of any real gameplay innovation and a tacked on rail shooter space combat system is a dissapointment after 6+ years of development.

As foe why I still play SWToR? My MMO gaming guild that I've played with still maintains a good presense in SWToR; and I like the Star Wars skin on WoW mechanics style gameplay enough that I still enjoy SWToR end game instance raiding with them.

IF EA/BioWare ever does get around to adding a fuller space combat experience ala EVE Onlive (game mechanics not cut-throat PvP) or STO - where you can really control and fly your ship; my view of it may improve; but honestly, I AM dissapointed that they seem intent on keeping it a WoW-close with full VO; but I understand WHY they did what they did, and with all the money spent - the last thing they want to do is try something new for fear that the casual playerbase might find it to confusing/hard to grasp, get frustrated and stop paying/playing.
I have removed what I was going to say because it will get me into trouble.

My apologies if you have read it already however I do have to wonder if you read what you actually write and believe it.

To me it just reads as someone who begrudges given credit to it as you hate to admit that TOR is a success and STO is a failure.

Your whole post smacks of this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1480
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
I have removed what I was going to say because it will get me into trouble.

My apologies if you have read it already however I do have to wonder if you read what you actually write and believe it.

To me it just reads as someone who begrudges given credit to it as you hate to admit that TOR is a success and STO is a failure.

Your whole post smacks of this.
lmao im so sick of ppl call other games wow clone like it did not take ides from just about every mmo around the time it came out I could say in sto go kill 10 of this in sto could have been cloned from wows go kill 10 of this got new for wow lovers wow is no innovator
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 PM.