Lt. Commander
# 141
12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I just found out my guild is being deployed to Anchorhead. I was hoping to go to Toshley's Station with my friends to get some power converters.
Lt. Commander
# 142
12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I've got several gigs left to download... so by the time I get it downloaded, I will have the money to buy the retail key. :x I just have it preordered.
Lt. Commander
# 143
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Well we still have SWG for a few more days....that was our classic timeline.

The reason why TOR looks the way it does is to that people can relate to KoTOR 1 and 2.

Also...1 day away !!!!
The thing is...it doesnt relate to KOTOR 1 or 2. It looks far more inspired by the prequels...nothing in the game feels old tech. Notice the sith warships look like Star Destroyers? And the stylised graphics make it look less like any kind of Star Wars. But whatever, people have their opinions. Also notice how there are no loose clothes in the game, almost everything is skin tight...its like the art team couldnt figure out how to implement loose clothing with the graphics style.

I played SWG for 5 years...why? I dont know...I made memories, maybe I just met the right people and did the right things at the right time. But I developed an attachment for that game regardless...hell, id resub if it wasnt being shut down.
Lt. Commander
# 144
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
The thing is...it doesnt relate to KOTOR 1 or 2. It looks far more inspired by the prequels...nothing in the game feels old tech. Notice the sith warships look like Star Destroyers? And the stylised graphics make it look less like any kind of Star Wars. But whatever, people have their opinions. Also notice how there are no loose clothes in the game, almost everything is skin tight...its like the art team couldnt figure out how to implement loose clothing with the graphics style.

I played SWG for 5 years...why? I dont know...I made memories, maybe I just met the right people and did the right things at the right time. But I developed an attachment for that game regardless...hell, id resub if it wasnt being shut down.
SWToR is set like 200 years after the end of KotOR 2, so it is related in most ways, even the class stories have many many references to what happened in both KotOR and KotOR 2, you even get to meet some of the original characters.

Also about the loose clothes the devs have already said that are adding some into the game, but atm with this new game engine they are using it is currently causing quite a few game breaking bugs, but we can look forwards to more clothing and armor variety within the first 2-3 main updates.

Personally I would have rather had Bioware handling this game instead of Cryptic, but that cannot be changed now, However I look forwards to SWToR much more than this cash cow of a micro-transaction wallet eating game.

Go Team SWTOR, see all of you there who are leaving this to play that, to everyone else who is staying here, good luck and no hard feelings, hope the game turns into something you enjoy before Perfect Worlds and Cryptic continue with Atari's path of destruction with this IP.
Lt. Commander
# 145
12-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
The thing is...it doesnt relate to KOTOR 1 or 2. It looks far more inspired by the prequels...
It's heavily inspired by KOTOR 1 and 2. The story in SWTOR owes a great deal to those games, most obviously with the entire setting of a returned Sith Empire against the Galactic Republic.

As far as ships and tech go... Ships in those games looked more or less the same as ships do in SWTOR... which also look more or less like ships in the prequel trilogy... which over time came to reflect more and more the designs of the original trilogy. Technology in the GFFA has essentially been stagnant for thousands of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpy89
SWToR is set like 200 years after the end of KotOR 2 [...]
Roughly three hundred years, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 146
12-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
Thought I was out by a bit, but I'd rather by 100 years too early than a 100 years too late, still though it's going to be a great game for quite a while imo, if it manages to hold most of it's subs after the first 2 months I think it will only go from strength to strength, just hope EA does not betray the trust of it's player base unlike cryptic does on a regular basis lately.
Lt. Commander
# 147
12-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizarone View Post
I just found out my guild is being deployed to Anchorhead. I was hoping to go to Toshley's Station with my friends to get some power converters.
My friend, I hope you were WHINING when you said that.
Lt. Commander
# 148
12-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
It's heavily inspired by KOTOR 1 and 2. The story in SWTOR owes a great deal to those games, most obviously with the entire setting of a returned Sith Empire against the Galactic Republic.

As far as ships and tech go... Ships in those games looked more or less the same as ships do in SWTOR... which also look more or less like ships in the prequel trilogy... which over time came to reflect more and more the designs of the original trilogy. Technology in the GFFA has essentially been stagnant for thousands of years.

Still, upon first glance you wouldnt know it was set in the distant past unless you already knew the backstory. Because it doesnt look it. Also, ive heard the technology excuse a thousand times. No, the devs were just outright unoriginal and wanted to create a familiar look for the game for the typical every day individual.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima..._screen098.jpg

The above ship was a great design, and is no where to be seen in SWTOR. They should have evolved around this design. The SWTOR themes are riddled with cliches, its just an unoriginal and predictable game. I think Bioware is one of the most over rated companies in the gaming industry. They released KOTOR 1 and ME 1, but thats 2.. 5 star games, the rest were hit/miss.
Lt. Commander
# 149
12-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Does anyone else think its funny were fangirl/boying about TOR in the STO forums?
Lt. Commander
# 150
12-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Does anyone else think its funny were fangirl/boying about TOR in the STO forums?
I'm just here for the chicks.
-raises eyebrows-