Lt. Commander
# 1521
04-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
And if you're more into PvP - there is now a ranking system! Suddenly, there is even a long-term motivation even without territory control.

Funny, and here I thought that Featured Episodes where one of the most liked and desired features in Starterk Online. But delivering story content with cut scenes and voice overs is not good enough if TOR does it? From the start, for 2 factions?

Ah, remember the glorious days when the Klingons could travel everywhere and you could meet them in every single Sector Block and you could choose to enter battle with them?

And remember the glorious days when you'd roll up an Engineer instead of a Science Officer and you suddenly had some completely new missions that you never played before?

Funnily enough, I don't remember any of that. But I am bad with memorizing dreams, usually I forget them after I wake up (except the ones where I lose teeth).

But Startrek Online has one thing TOR definitely hasn't: Ferengi Lockboxes.
I can´t really answer why other players like STO, maybe they´re fans of the series, maybe they´re really geeks (no offense) or maybe they´re just players that like some part of the game.

If you´re confortable playing a game just because of its story, to see how it "ends", and then reroll another character to do the exact same thing, well... Good for you.
Lt. Commander
# 1522
04-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferwindar View Post
What exactly do you do nowadays with your 50 toon, besides doing the SAME 3 WZ over and over, FP on HM and bugged Ilum? Come on, throw me a bone, chief.
Yep all the above plus trying another of the 8/16 different alts.

Tell you what, what do you do when you reach end level here?

Next.
Lt. Commander
# 1523
04-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
I can´t really answer why other players like STO, maybe they´re fans of the series, maybe they´re really geeks (no offense) or maybe they´re just players that like some part of the game.

If you´re confortable playing a game just because of its story, to see how it "ends", and then reroll another character to do the exact same thing, well... Good for you.
So you don't really have a good response to his post then?
Lt. Commander
# 1524
04-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Yep all the above plus trying another of the 8/16 different alts.

Tell you what, what do you do when you reach end level here?

Next.
One thing is for sure: i don´t waste my time on TOR forums. I have some friends there, but hey, thats what VENT / TS / MUMBLE is for, right?
Lt. Commander
# 1525
04-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
One thing is for sure: i don´t waste my time on TOR forums. I have some friends there, but hey, thats what VENT / TS / MUMBLE is for, right?
Ahh, I see you've lost your fiss now m8.

You slate TOR for what it has, but when asked about STO, you cannot answer.

Well that says it all.

I was right from my first reply to you.

I think you will find your CDF badge might be taken off you for failing so bad
Lt. Commander
# 1526
04-12-2012, 02:58 AM
So now that the haters have finished hating. (For the moment)

If anyone wants to meet up in TOR. I play on Space Slug, character name Authurious. If you decide to roll a republic force users I might even fix you up with some free orange gear.
Lt. Commander
# 1527
04-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
So now that the haters have finished hating. (For the moment)

If anyone wants to meet up in TOR. I play on Space Slug, character name Authurious. If you decide to roll a republic force users I might even fix you up with some free orange gear.
Can you get me a Purple LS for by level 23 Guardian???

I'm hoping with 1.2 that I can get a Purple LS at lower levels, without waiting for 50. My consular has one, but I bought it from the vendor for 200k.

I'm all for top level hard to achieve gear, but it was one of the things I think BIO failed on when they decided to give purple at level 50 and to the Empire and stopped colour from been available to everyone.

People weren't asking for great stats, just the colour of their choice. Now it seems with 1.2 we will get something like this?

I'm just waiting to start my Chiss Sentinal... I believe if you have enough in game currency you can buy races if you don't have one at 50 of that race? Hope so, or it's rolling a Chiss Agent.
Lt. Commander
# 1528
04-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Can you get me a Purple LS for by level 23 Guardian???

I'm hoping with 1.2 that I can get a Purple LS at lower levels, without waiting for 50. My consular has one, but I bought it from the vendor for 200k.

I'm all for top level hard to achieve gear, but it was one of the things I think BIO failed on when they decided to give purple at level 50 and to the Empire and stopped colour from been available to everyone.

People weren't asking for great stats, just the colour of their choice. Now it seems with 1.2 we will get something like this?

I'm just waiting to start my Chiss Sentinal... I believe if you have enough in game currency you can buy races if you don't have one at 50 of that race? Hope so, or it's rolling a Chiss Agent.
I haven't heard anything about lower level purple colour crystals. Though I have a feeling we'll be able to learn how to craft Purple and Cyan crystals at some point pretty soon. It seems like only White will be going away for a while.

As for the Chiss Sentinel, I think it's 1.5 million credits and legacy level 8. I could be wrong on both accounts, I didn't spend much time looking at the system on the test realm.
Lt. Commander
# 1529
04-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
I haven't heard anything about lower level purple colour crystals. Though I have a feeling we'll be able to learn how to craft Purple and Cyan crystals at some point pretty soon. It seems like only White will be going away for a while.

As for the Chiss Sentinel, I think it's 1.5 million credits and legacy level 8. I could be wrong on both accounts, I didn't spend much time looking at the system on the test realm.
Gah.

Ahh well, because I'm enjoying the game immensely, as it has loads of content and lots of classes to play, I will start a Chiss Agent.

Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 1530
04-12-2012, 04:24 AM
Just do the Ilum and Belsavis dailies for a week, you'll get the credits and legacy experience needed. I almost hit 15 million before they released the crystal vendor. I'm up to legacy level 37 or 38 now. Stopped doing dailies to level my trooper.