Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1581
04-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Lol, here we go again. Trying to get more people on board and give those already playing something extra isn't a sign of loosing subs, it's clever customer service and marketing.

Is it having a good time atm? Yes and no. I think it's finding out what it's like to run an MMo, especially a AAA one, however it's not in danger of going F2P anytime soon, especially as they are trying to add more content and things to do within months of release on top of what it already had. Cryptic could learn from this but they never will.

It must really rub a lot of STO fans noses that TOR has and is a success, whereas STO has never and I will say again, never been a success.

STO and Cryptic are now synonymous with poor quality.

Wait till NWN comes out and STO will be left to rot whilst NWN gets all the focus and finance...

Me bitter? No, not me...
you know it took sto 6 months after the game to come out to add a new pvp map game type and STF
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1582
04-13-2012, 04:01 PM
also before ppl want to say sto don sooooooooo well soooooooooo good mite want to take a look at this before saying so

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=266031

heads up not a lot are happy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1583
04-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
Good joke.
What joke?

I don't recall stating statistical facts as a joke.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1584
04-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
They don't need to. They have datacrons. Those work better for their players in that area of doing crazy, mind numbing and sometimes stupid tasks to open up a box.

After your fiftieth attempt to get the Mos Ila datacron, I'd rather use my stipend to pay for the key to open it. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1585
04-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman
Free Player weekends.
Sorry, I give in with you.

I have no idea what your talking about and in what context.

So what if it's giving out Free weekends? Nothing wrong with giving out samples is there? Unless your implying their getting desperate? If so, I think it's someone else that's desperate for anything to belittle a game that they say they are playing (I'm still not sure about that).

If your once again trying to trash TOR which you state you are not, but your posting history on here says differently, then at least come up with something tangible.
^^^
And, as I stated - this is exactly the response I would expect. Back when STO was doing "Free Weekends"; many styated it was because the game's population was shrinking - and Cryptic was desperate to bring in players.

Now that BioWare/EA is doing it - it's because of a goo marketing stra=tegy etc.; followed by the usual "you must be looking for something to trash SWToR with" amd "you SAY you play the game - but I don't think so..." garbage.

So my point is - if you really like a game, you'll see anything they do in the most positive light possible, and if you really dislike a game; you'll see everything in a negative light. As to why BioWare is doing it? I'd say it is indeed the same reason STO was doing it back in the STO subscripption era - to get more players interesting in the game.

My take is - every MMO developer has done this through a game's lifecycke; and the reason is to try and geberate more cashflow REGARDLESS of the profitabiliy state of teh game.

Also, if you're really that curious as to whether I still play - I'll be happy to roll an alt on your current server; or you can meet one of my characters on the Perlemian Trade Route server, if you really are curious as to whether I still play. Like I said, I enjoying running with the Guild I've been doing MMOs with since the very early days of EQ.

And I have never stated I think SWToR is a terrible MMO. I've stated I'm dissapointed that aside frrom the cutscenes and VO - BioWare didn't do something more innovative with the combat gameplay mechanics, and the fact they did a 2D rail-shooter for their Space Combat System. I really find it interesting that unless someone feels SWToR is the best MMO ever; or voices teh parts thy're not happy with you think they must not actually play or subscribe to the game.

I've been playing MMOs pretty much non-stop since 1999, and the ones I like on some level I often stick with for years. That said, I've YET to find an MMO I'm 100% happy with - and will discuss what I like and don't like as the mood strikes me.

What I don't understand is - Iwhy would someone come to the official board for a game they no longer play, just to start a thead abiout the game they dio - and then attempt a character assasination on anyone who plays yet doesn't see the game in teh same way they do - rather then jsut refuting what they say with their own in game observations.

I've told you many times what I feel are teh dissapointing areas of SWToR for myself. I've yet to see you really state what you find so dood in the game to make it (for you) - the best MMO you've eber played?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1586
04-13-2012, 04:44 PM
If I can remember rightly, STO didn't have free weekends. It had a demo, where you could play up till level 6. CO had the same thing too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1587
04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
What joke?

I don't recall stating statistical facts as a joke.
No you didn't. You pulled a number from nowhere, and have nothing to support 'Bioware REWARDING' it's playerbase.


If you call Patch 1.2 a reward, then sure Bioware is doing a Stellar job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1588
04-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
No you didn't. You pulled a number from nowhere, and have nothing to support 'Bioware REWARDING' it's playerbase.


If you call Patch 1.2 a reward, then sure Bioware is doing a Stellar job.
Someone posted that info in this thread.

I think BW IS doing a stellar job for their first MMO and only being around for a couple months, in that short time they have done better in a lot more ways than STO has in over 2 years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1589
04-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Someone posted that info in this thread.

I think BW IS doing a stellar job for their first MMO and only being around for a couple months, in that short time they have done better in a lot more ways than STO has in over 2 years.
Really? Banning players for minor infractions? Nuking peoples fleet banks? Freezing the forums when they break their game to prevent any uproar? Promising a huge content patch, then remove an entire feature of the game before said patch is released?

This to you is a good job?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1590
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
Really? Banning players for minor infractions? Nuking peoples fleet banks? Freezing the forums when they break their game to prevent any uproar? Promising a huge content patch, then remove an entire feature of the game before said patch is released?

This to you is a good job?
well on that then, Cryptic, has pulled more stuff out than you'd care to think about. SO many things have been left undone in this game that it is liable to fill a post in itself.

Lets just start with the first one shall we?

August 10th, 2008 - At Gen Con Jack Emmert says: "Starfleet and Klingon. Yeah. So two factions, full PvE content."
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 PM.