Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1601
04-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
*Cough*...
Well you got me there...


However, most of my comments towards TOR generally have been based on TOR itself rather than a comparison to STO.

What would be the point of comparing anyway? MMOs aside they are quite different game, with different mechanics, and different gameplay.



At the end of the day anything I say isn't going to change any minds, as anyone who already came into something like this would have their minds made up already.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1602
04-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
bazinga
Another one bringing a knife to a gun battle.

I swear the CDF are getting worse...

I wonder if it's because they really know the truth and are finding it harder to fight their corner.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1603
04-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
Really? Banning players for minor infractions? Nuking peoples fleet banks? Freezing the forums when they break their game to prevent any uproar? Promising a huge content patch, then remove an entire feature of the game before said patch is released?

This to you is a good job?
A) The main point in 1.2 was LEGACY, which was included

B) Where is your proof of all nuked fleet banks?

C) Where are the bans for small infractions? By your logic, I should have been banned ages ago in their forums

D) The ranked pvp system had problems, and BW listened to test feedback...so guess what...they stopped that part to be released right away to *gasp* fix its flaws!

E) STO is somehow better to you? The same STO tha thas had bugs from closed beta for over 2 years, the STO that no longer reflects player opinions, the STO that doesn't aid fleets that have been hacked, the STO that has been constantly nuckle and diming one of the most loyal fanbases in the world, the same STO....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1604
04-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Another one bringing a knife to a gun battle.

I swear the CDF are getting worse...

I wonder if it's because they really know the truth and are finding it harder to fight their corner.
bazinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
A) The main point in 1.2 was LEGACY, which was included

B) Where is your proof of all nuked fleet banks?

C) Where are the bans for small infractions? By your logic, I should have been banned ages ago in their forums

D) The ranked pvp system had problems, and BW listened to test feedback...so guess what...they stopped that part to be released right away to *gasp* fix its flaws!

E) STO is somehow better to you? The same STO tha thas had bugs from closed beta for over 2 years, the STO that no longer reflects player opinions, the STO that doesn't aid fleets that have been hacked, the STO that has been constantly nuckle and diming one of the most loyal fanbases in the world, the same STO....
bazinga
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1605
04-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
Well you got me there...


However, most of my comments towards TOR generally have been based on TOR itself rather than a comparison to STO.

What would be the point of comparing anyway? MMOs aside they are quite different game, with different mechanics, and different gameplay.



At the end of the day anything I say isn't going to change any minds, as anyone who already came into something like this would have their minds made up already.
Okay I agree on this that they are not really comparable. However once someone trashes it and compares it to STO, then that's when my teeth come out.

If you say you don't like TOR and give reasons (you don't have to btw) but don't compare it to
STO, I tend to only discuss the reasons why you don't like it and I have no problem. Unfortunately on an STO forum, it's the same old same old who rush to STO's defence and that's when the comparisons and arguments begin.

I take back that your part of the CDF as no CDF would ever acknowledge being wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1606
04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Okay I agree on this that they are not really comparable. However once someone trashes it and compares it to STO, then that's when my teeth come out.

If you say you don't like TOR and give reasons (you don't have to btw) but don't compare it to
STO, I tend to only discuss the reasons why you don't like it and I have no problem. Unfortunately on an STO forum, it's the same old same old who rush to STO's defence and that's when the comparisons and arguments begin.

I take back that your part of the CDF as no CDF would ever acknowledge being wrong.
well said here here
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1607
04-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
A) The main point in 1.2 was LEGACY, which was included

B) Where is your proof of all nuked fleet banks?

C) Where are the bans for small infractions? By your logic, I should have been banned ages ago in their forums

D) The ranked pvp system had problems, and BW listened to test feedback...so guess what...they stopped that part to be released right away to *gasp* fix its flaws!

E) STO is somehow better to you? The same STO tha thas had bugs from closed beta for over 2 years, the STO that no longer reflects player opinions, the STO that doesn't aid fleets that have been hacked, the STO that has been constantly nuckle and diming one of the most loyal fanbases in the world, the same STO....
B) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=407233
C) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-will-ban-you

EDIT: And now for something completely different

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...3-19-41-09.jpg

Vintage STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1608
04-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Bioware has a promotion that gives people with level 50 chars an extra free month.
Cryptic had a promition that gave people that got 5 other people to subscribe a Galaxy X Dreadnought.

I don't know if promotions are desperate acts at all times, but if any of the two sounded desperate, the second was more so. Which isn't to say it actually is. In the end, every company will want to run promotions getting more players, regardless whether it is just to break even, or to make even more money.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1609
04-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
LOL banning people for buying and selling stuff in the auction house, now that takes the **** - allthough looking at it it does seem a bit iffy with a couple of the spelling.
A lot of players are complaing about 1.2, im suprised the forums have not melted down yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1610
04-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
We are never going to agree on this as I mentioned, your posting history shows that you love STO and defended them to the hilt, whereas I don't like STO or Cryptic and have never forgiven them for ruining an IP that I love.
Honestly, that part of your post alone proves you haven't read my posts. I like STO yes, and I mgive credit to the STO Dev team when I think they do well, and take them to task when I think they've done something I disagree with - you might want to read my posts before claiming I do nothing but defend Cryptic.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.