Lt. Commander
# 1611
04-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlaine View Post
LOL banning people for buying and selling stuff in the auction house, now that takes the **** - allthough looking at it it does seem a bit iffy with a couple of the spelling.
A lot of players are complaing about 1.2, im suprised the forums have not melted down yet.
Like the forums here? Even some long time defenders are having enough of Cryptic

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265948
Lt. Commander
# 1612
04-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Like the forums here? Even some long time defenders are having enough of Cryptic

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265948
Yup the whole situation with the boxes/lobi crystals does suck big time

EDIT - just edited the language lol ahem
Lt. Commander
# 1613
04-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Now what you said above was actually quite funny.

I won't quote it just incase
Lt. Commander
# 1614
04-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
I won't quote it just incase
Now that IS wise.
Lt. Commander
# 1615
04-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
B was a major bug which has since been fixed. It's a non issue.
C was as I said, people using lower level characters to farm chests on Ilum then selling the goods on the GTN. Those people were exploiting and were banned for it.
Lt. Commander
# 1616
04-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Like many people I've been alternating between STO and TOR. I think the big difference between the two is that TOR is very story-driven, whereas STO is more the sandbox paradigm.

On the plus side I love the TOR story; some of the strongest story telling I've ever seen in a game. The writing is up there with the great Bethesda RPG's. Unfortunately though, being relatively new to MMO's, with TOR I'm learning firsthand the meaning of the word 'grind'. TOR is one of those games where after a couple of evenings I start getting bored with the grind combat system and have to take a break for a few days. Also, although the ship combat in TOR is kind of fun, it is very arcadish and no where near as strong as the ship combat in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 1617
04-15-2012, 05:17 PM
It seems DCUO is doing lockboxes now. I just skimmed something about it. They let their subs open them for free but free players have to pay. If TOR had lockboxes, I'm sure they'd go the lines of how DCUO is doing it and not the Ferengi over here.

And if you get bored doing the same combat, you really think you fight things differently from mob to mob in STO or any MMO for that matter?

Edit: And just finished chapter 2 on my SI today. The end of chapter fight was NOTHING close to how I fought things up to that point. I tried my usual and got my *censored* handed to me with extra dosage of whopass. I have yet to need to change my strategy in STO from fight to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 1618
04-15-2012, 05:30 PM
[quote=
And if you get bored doing the same combat, you really think you fight things differently from mob to mob in STO or any MMO for that matter?.[/QUOTE]

Again, being a relative MMO noob, I've been doing some research. I see now that the 'grind' seems to be endemic to MMO's, and in fact has been people's most oft-cited complaint about them. The problem I see in TOR is that there isn't much else to do besides the grind, whereas in the STO 'sandbox' you do have a few other options. I don't know, maybe I would like EVE.
Lt. Commander
# 1619
04-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager7etoile
Again, being a relative MMO noob, I've been doing some research. I see now that the 'grind' seems to be endemic to MMO's, and in fact has been people's most oft-cited complaint about them. The problem I see in TOR is that there isn't much else to do besides the grind, whereas in the STO 'sandbox' you do have a few other options.

Usually when talking about grind is not talking about the combat but either leveling speed or having to do something over and over and over and over to get that piece of loot.

TOR's grind is the level speed if you're used to the rapid pace of games that people reach max level in no time flat like STO, CO, GW, etc.

STO's grind is loot grind which is famous in games like WoW. Running the same things over and over to get that new shiny. Then when it's obtain, people run around like Golem calling the thing "My precious" because how much work they had to do running the same content over and over.

With Legacy (version 1.2 of TOR) I wish now it wasn't a level grind since all of my characters before were humans (except for a sith warrior cyborg I didn't play much and only level 11). If I knew the class race unlock they were going to pull, I'd have ran anything but humans.
Lt. Commander
# 1620
04-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Storm, I have to kind of disagree with what you said about the grind not referring to combat. After all, combat seems to be the primary activity, and when you're not fighting, your usually doing something to enhance your fighting ability. Of course anything repetitive is a grind. I should think that is rather obvious.

I love getting in to forum debates with Type A 'know-it-all' personalities.