Lt. Commander
# 1711
04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
I doubt that EA will buy Nexon. That won't be a cheap buy.
Lt. Commander
# 1712
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
Its Nexon who is trying to takeover EA
Lt. Commander
# 1713
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I find this thread blasphemous!

Lt. Commander
# 1714
04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Gee, an SWToR Dev team member say SWToR isn't loosing subs.

Yep - I trust the word of a SWToR Dev team member as he is 100% unbuiased and has no interest in dispelling rumors of...oh, wait...

My point:

Many players here routinely called into question any statement by DStahl stating either that STO subs were up during STO's 'pay to play' era; an again continue to question any statement that says STO is doing well financially...

YET

When an SWToR Dev (and EA employee) essentially says the same thing RE: SWToR - IE don't believe reports that the game is loosing subs...

That statement is taken as 'proof' that SWToR is doing fine - des[ite the fact that on the SWToR server I pay on, number in Republic Fleet and most instances I'm on with the current characters I'm leveling have less players in them from week to week.

So basically, I find it intersesting that ANY Dev comment from any MMO is used as 'proof' of anything. If EA/BioWare wants to dispell the reports, let them post the current sub number snapshot like they did the last time reports of declining SWToR subscriptions surfaced.
The difference here is that we already KNOW that Cryptic have lied to us many many times, before and after release. We also know that subs were not going up hence F2P, no cups in the kitchen, no staff and broken computers.

This is the same D'Stahl that says most people are not at end level and are mid level and now bam, everyone is near end level? This is the man that say's he's already playing the next FE, then bam, he leaves and the new EP doesn't even know what D'Stahls on about. This is the man that promised FE weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, 10 a year etc and we know how that turned out. KDF, where is it? Not much change to lifers or subbers when the game goes f2p. Shall I go on?

Now I'm not daft enough to believe that Bioware are not spinning stuff. I have played ME3 (twice) and the endings to me are pants and when you read the PR before ME was released, I do feel a bit like they have lied about the endings.

I also don't fully believe Bioware about subs because I have a toon on a server that at peak, the Rep fleet has about 70 people. The server I play on now though has 300+ at peak on the Rep fleet. That said, I don't play every day and I do play at weird times so it does have an element of truth in.

But and it's a big but, because I am enjoying the game, my server is busy, content is coming (remember that STO, content?) and I don't feel so far that I have been lied to by Bio, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt about subs and if I am really honest, I don't care if they are going down or up.

They are still opening the game up to others in the world, so it will have it's ups and downs with subs. With each new patch comes more content and features (some that should have been in since day 1 tbh), so people will re sub again and new people will join.

So far with TOR we have seen 2 content patches and numerous changes with more to come in 1.3.

F2P for STO = Gated content and lockboxes with little new content. This doesn't smack of a F2P title doing well.

I keep on saying it, but NWN will be the final nail for STO, as they will pump all their resources into NWN as they will spin it as a new start or something for Cryptic (Still looked a poor man Diablo to me and I defo won't be playing it (Drow in a lock box).

Oh and one thing we do know, STO has never posted any subs details at all that I am aware of. So if they had made good figures from day 1, they would have shouted about it. I can only conclude that they haven't.

And where is the PR for how good STO has done since it's gone F2P? Don't companies usually shout out that revenues are up 4000% etc? Haven't seen that for STO or have I missed it? It was only a month after Champs went F2P that they said things were going great. Is STO really in that much trouble? I think it is.

With the security breach info just release, even more people are going to be reluctant to buy stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 1715
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Honestly people should just be happy they told us about the breach in their security at all. Most mmo's don't release info about breaches just because they fear that they will lose money I for one intend to keep spending money here

Ohh and Star Wars can suck vacuum in my personal opinion
Lt. Commander
# 1716
04-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaichoMuramasa
Honestly people should just be happy they told us about the breach in their security at all. Most mmo's don't release info about breaches just because they fear that they will lose money I for one intend to keep spending money here

Ohh and Star Wars can suck vacuum in my personal opinion
Your right, we should be happy. Forget about their poor security, forget that it happened over a year a go and they only now found out (so they say). Yep, I should just be happy.

Care to supply some evidence that most mmo's don't release evidence of breaches

Looks like most people think STO "does" suck vacuum, as F2P, no cups and broken ZX80 machines, are not the signs of a stellar MMo, in my personal opinion
Lt. Commander
# 1717
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlaine View Post
Its Nexon who is trying to takeover EA
A few years back, Porsche tried to buy Volkswagen. A little later, after some stock market magic took its way, VW bought Porsche. Things can happen in weird ways.

Of course, I can't claim I now if the scenario woud be possible for EA and Nexon. I don't even know who Nexon is and I just figure that the OP misread or misunderstood the post originally referring to Nexon buying EA.
Lt. Commander
# 1718
04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Your right, we should be happy. Forget about their poor security, forget that it happened over a year a go and they only now found out (so they say). Yep, I should just be happy.

Care to supply some evidence that most mmo's don't release evidence of breaches

Looks like most people think STO "does" suck vacuum, as F2P, no cups and broken ZX80 machines, are not the signs of a stellar MMo, in my personal opinion
Yeah, the whole "Yeah...this happened a long time ago..and ugh...we just found out about it..."

And especially seeing that I got the email saying my info could have been seen...I've been in negative trust for soem time...this event was a " -100" to me.
Lt. Commander
# 1719
04-28-2012, 08:31 PM
watching NCIS from 4/17 and they mentioned The Old Republic and skyrim lol
Lt. Commander
# 1720
04-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
The difference here is that we already KNOW that Cryptic have lied to us many many times, before and after release. We also know that subs were not going up hence F2P, no cups in the kitchen, no staff and broken computers.

This is the same D'Stahl that says most people are not at end level and are mid level and now bam, everyone is near end level? This is the man that say's he's already playing the next FE, then bam, he leaves and the new EP doesn't even know what D'Stahls on about. This is the man that promised FE weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, 10 a year etc and we know how that turned out. KDF, where is it? Not much change to lifers or subbers when the game goes f2p. Shall I go on?

Now I'm not daft enough to believe that Bioware are not spinning stuff. I have played ME3 (twice) and the endings to me are pants and when you read the PR before ME was released, I do feel a bit like they have lied about the endings.

I also don't fully believe Bioware about subs because I have a toon on a server that at peak, the Rep fleet has about 70 people. The server I play on now though has 300+ at peak on the Rep fleet. That said, I don't play every day and I do play at weird times so it does have an element of truth in.

But and it's a big but, because I am enjoying the game, my server is busy, content is coming (remember that STO, content?) and I don't feel so far that I have been lied to by Bio, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt about subs and if I am really honest, I don't care if they are going down or up.

They are still opening the game up to others in the world, so it will have it's ups and downs with subs. With each new patch comes more content and features (some that should have been in since day 1 tbh), so people will re sub again and new people will join.

So far with TOR we have seen 2 content patches and numerous changes with more to come in 1.3.

F2P for STO = Gated content and lockboxes with little new content. This doesn't smack of a F2P title doing well.

I keep on saying it, but NWN will be the final nail for STO, as they will pump all their resources into NWN as they will spin it as a new start or something for Cryptic (Still looked a poor man Diablo to me and I defo won't be playing it (Drow in a lock box).

Oh and one thing we do know, STO has never posted any subs details at all that I am aware of. So if they had made good figures from day 1, they would have shouted about it. I can only conclude that they haven't.

And where is the PR for how good STO has done since it's gone F2P? Don't companies usually shout out that revenues are up 4000% etc? Haven't seen that for STO or have I missed it? It was only a month after Champs went F2P that they said things were going great. Is STO really in that much trouble? I think it is.

With the security breach info just release, even more people are going to be reluctant to buy stuff.
You know - it's interesting to see what tech consumers think of EA(link)

And if you wantn o talk about specific SWToR gaffes on their end; there WAS the situatin where the SWToR site 'cancel subscription' link dissapeared from the site at around the first 30 day mark; and all the while tht EA was claiming i was an honest glitch they were actively banning forum accounts of users who posted said missing link they were trying to restore. (link)

So, it' not like EA has had it's own share of issues - and I don't think you'll find people defending EA's customer services practices in SWToR either.