Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 281
# 1821
11-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
It's just speculation, but my guess is that the biggest threats to STO this year are already over. My guess is that the releases of GW2, the fourth WoW addon and Diablo III probably made a bigger dent than the TOR semi-F2P will.
The biggest threat to STO this year is... STO.

A lot of folks are hoping Season 8 is a return to Season 1.
I miss my _.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,964
# 1822
11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Lucas didn't bail. He sold his Lucasfilm to the tune of $4 Billion to Disney. Seems like a nice retirement package don't you think?
it would have been if he had not donated it all to charity.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,390
# 1823
11-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
it would have been if he had not donated it all to charity.
I hope to a worthwhile one like the Stormtrooper Widows Fund! The poor stormtroopers!
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11
# 1824
11-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Well I am quite new to this game so my opinion doesn't have any leverage. But I love this game and I really like it is free to play. I work a fulltime job and wouldn't want to pay 15 dollars for 2 hours a day.

I do think the C-store is quite expensive, if I understood correctly 20 dollar for a retrofit? If correct, you can use those ships on any character. Unfortunately for me, I intend to play only 1 (maybe a klingon char for lore). Anyhows that is just 20 dollars for a game I enjoy when I get back form work, so it's not that bad. But if ships where 5 bucks, I might buy a few more and some nice bridges and crew slots etc.

Anyhows, I don't think we need to fear to much compitition. When I read this forums I see a lot of people whining about noobs who pay to win or just don't understand the game. For casual gamers like me who like star trek and want to be a Picard or Janeway this is perfect. Play through storylines, command a ship, a crew, Boffs etc. And yes, when we need to, people will pay because we love it.

F2P is great for pirates too, pay what you want for what you think it is worth. And for a game that has a website that gets upgrades every two days, regular patches, and enough room to just be happy in your own universe.

So in short, I'm happy and I thank you for it
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,639
# 1825
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpostal View Post
EA's F2P model sucks. Cryptic is not threatened in any way.
and this is why unlike PWE EA wants Subs not play a lil here spend a lil there leave and come back where is that is what sto is and always will be

if you ask me sto dose give away to much for free and is why you see more lockboxes and cstore stuff then you do mission planets sectors so on
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 114
# 1826
11-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keestromp View Post
Well I am quite new to this game so my opinion doesn't have any leverage. But I love this game and I really like it is free to play. I work a fulltime job and wouldn't want to pay 15 dollars for 2 hours a day.

I do think the C-store is quite expensive, if I understood correctly 20 dollar for a retrofit? If correct, you can use those ships on any character. Unfortunately for me, I intend to play only 1 (maybe a klingon char for lore). Anyhows that is just 20 dollars for a game I enjoy when I get back form work, so it's not that bad. But if ships where 5 bucks, I might buy a few more and some nice bridges and crew slots etc.

Anyhows, I don't think we need to fear to much compitition. When I read this forums I see a lot of people whining about noobs who pay to win or just don't understand the game. For casual gamers like me who like star trek and want to be a Picard or Janeway this is perfect. Play through storylines, command a ship, a crew, Boffs etc. And yes, when we need to, people will pay because we love it.

F2P is great for pirates too, pay what you want for what you think it is worth. And for a game that has a website that gets upgrades every two days, regular patches, and enough room to just be happy in your own universe.

So in short, I'm happy and I thank you for it
I want to play this game your talking about, what is it?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
# 1827
11-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Since the Season 7 nerfs destroyed the game for me I will give a try in Star Wars.


Kind Regards
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,507
# 1828
11-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnite View Post
Since the Season 7 nerfs destroyed the game for me I will give a try in Star Wars.


Kind Regards
Prepare to be bored running for 15 minutes between mission points
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 460
# 1829
11-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
Prepare to be bored running for 15 minutes between mission points
lols atleast SWTOR has an area where you can actually run for 15mins without going around in circles like ESD/DS9 and maybe New Romulus
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 1830
11-14-2012, 06:53 AM
I really liked SWTOR, but after I finished some of the stories,there was kinda nothing for me there left. It's strange, because even tho I do not like some changes in STO and hate many things about it, here I'm after close to 3 years playing it.

There seems like a lot potential here in STO, sadly most of it is not used. With that said, I will probably split my time between STO and TOR.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.