Captain
# 1831
11-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I really liked SWTOR, but after I finished some of the stories,there was kinda nothing for me there left. It's strange, because even tho I do not like some changes in STO and hate many things about it, here I'm after close to 3 years playing it.

There seems like a lot potential here in STO, sadly most of it is not used. With that said, I will probably split my time between STO and TOR.
same for me, swtor is fine and everything but STO has the better space combat, thats what makes me come back all the time. And it is F2P!^^

now that swtor is f2p too, i might play more swtor. It surely has a far better story and basically everything else, but once you hit max level ther is nothing to do for a f2p person.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 1832
11-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Zombie!!!! Shoot it!
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Captain
# 1833
11-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Actually, a mod seems to have merged a recent thread with this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Rihannsu
# 1834
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
Prepare to be bored running for 15 minutes between mission points
got news for ya you do that all ready in sto
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 1835
11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnite View Post
Since the Season 7 nerfs destroyed the game for me I will give a try in Star Wars.

Kind Regards
As much as I disagree with the STF Dilithium reward removal; and the fact that DStahl is back to his old habit of misleading and lying tom the STO playerbase (no way to spin the MAJOR discrepancies between his recent state of game blog (and the follow up Forum posts aftyer the state of the game blog); and the final actions taken for Season 7 (as stated in yesterday's S7 Blog #17); my advice to you regarding SWToR F2P:

Don't bother. EA has implemented an F2P system for SWToR that makes the Cryptic F2P system look like heaven in comparison. Plus EA hasn't fixed ANY of the original reasons why people left SWToR in droves in the first place (From 1.7 million to under 500,000 subs in about 6 months.)

Again, I'm current NOT saying you should stick with STO; more that SWToR will be an even bigger waste of time. Many better games to try if you're moving on.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 1836
11-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
As much as I disagree with the STF Dilithium reward removal; and the fact that DStahl is back to his old habit of misleading and lying tom the STO playerbase (no way to spin the MAJOR discrepancies between his recent state of game blog (and the follow up Forum posts aftyer the state of the game blog); and the final actions taken for Season 7 (as stated in yesterday's S7 Blog #17); my advice to you regarding SWToR F2P:

Don't bother. EA has implemented an F2P system for SWToR that makes the Cryptic F2P system look like heaven in comparison. Plus EA hasn't fixed ANY of the original reasons why people left SWToR in droves in the first place (From 1.7 million to under 500,000 subs in about 6 months.)

Again, I'm current NOT saying you should stick with STO; more that SWToR will be an even bigger waste of time. Many better games to try if you're moving on.
again EA swtor is not PWE /cryptic/sto swtor is going for SUBS where is sto is not and that has been said many many times swtor want your sub not spend 5$ play a week leave for 6 months and come back spend 10 here
Quote:
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 1837
11-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
again EA swtor is not PWE /cryptic/sto swtor is going for SUBS where is sto is not and that has been said many many times swtor want your sub not spend 5$ play a week leave for 6 months and come back spend 10 here
Problem is - SWToR is STILL the exact same game that people were unwilling to pay a sub for - so just taking on a horrible F2P model thinking that it will somehow lure players back to subscribing is a stupider move then some of the moves DStahl and his team made with element of STO S7.

Putting a horrible F2P model into your MMO in an attempt to somehow win back people who didn't think your game was worth a sub to begin with (as EA is doing with SWToR) has to be the dumbest idea any MMO developer has come up withn (but again, given it's EA we're talking about in this case, I shouldn't be surprised.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 1838
11-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Problem is - SWToR is STILL the exact same game that people were unwilling to pay a sub for - so just taking on a horrible F2P model thinking that it will somehow lure players back to subscribing is a stupider move then some of the moves DStahl and his team made with element of STO S7.

Putting a horrible F2P model into your MMO in an attempt to somehow win back people who didn't think your game was worth a sub to begin with (as EA is doing with SWToR) has to be the dumbest idea any MMO developer has come up withn (but again, given it's EA we're talking about in this case, I shouldn't be surprised.)
yes but unlike then they had to buy a 60$ retail game where is wait for it wait for it they can now trying most of the game has to offer for free yes with limits and to be frank sto went F2P for petty much same reason so dude stop trying to make swtor look bad when sto is no huge success
Quote:
Starfleet Veteran
# 1839
11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
got news for ya you do that all ready in sto
Umm, yeah, ok. you go on and believe that. Not even the new content is there any point where the start of the mission, and where the mission is to be accomplished anywhere near that far apart.
But you probably voted Democrat too, so you'll believe anything your told
Career Officer
# 1840
11-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
yes but unlike then they had to buy a 60$ retail game where is wait for it wait for it they can now trying most of the game has to offer for free yes with limits and to be frank sto went F2P for petty much same reason so dude stop trying to make swtor look bad when sto is no huge success
With SWToR:

- Going fom 1.7 million to sub 500K subs in the first 6 months.

- Laying off the team they stated at launch they were going to keep intact so they could roll out content faster then anyone else (didn't happen and every time they announce a new content rollout schedule, they can't kep it)

- Going F2P 10 months after launch.

- Instituting an F2P system that's better described as 'Free to Pay' - which even the remaining SWToR faithful don't think will bring in and retain new players.

I don't have to make SWToR look bad. EA is doing a very good job at making SWToR look bad on it's own.