Career Officer
# 1841
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
With SWToR:

- Going fom 1.7 million to sub 500K subs in the first 6 months.

- Laying off the team they stated at launch they were going to keep intact so they could roll out content faster then anyone else (didn't happen and every time they announce a new content rollout schedule, they can't kep it)

- Going F2P 10 months after launch.

- Instituting an F2P system that's better described as 'Free to Pay' - which even the remaining SWToR faithful don't think will bring in and retain new players.

I don't have to make SWToR look bad. EA is doing a very good job at making SWToR look bad on it's own.
and had sto not dun life time do you think this game still be around and you say EA makeing swtor look bad like PWE/cryptic not doing that all ready for sto but hey we can go back and forth like this all day if you like

i can play a mmo 16 hours a day 7 days a week i can burn all of sto content in 3 day where in swtor it took me over a month and a half to do every mission on every planet but hey in your eyes sto is king of the mmos

say pwe F2P model was like lotro or EA thing is every F2P mmo has there own F2P system most are not all a like
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.

Last edited by daan2006; 11-14-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 1842
11-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
Umm, yeah, ok. you go on and believe that. Not even the new content is there any point where the start of the mission, and where the mission is to be accomplished anywhere near that far apart.
But you probably voted Democrat too, so you'll believe anything your told
so on the new romulan planet you are not running around get rocks and so on?
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 1843
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
lols atleast SWTOR has an area where you can actually run for 15mins without going around in circles like ESD/DS9 and maybe New Romulus

Players here just LOVE running around in circles.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 1844
11-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
With SWToR:

- Laying off the team they stated at launch they were going to keep intact so they could roll out content faster then anyone else (didn't happen and every time they announce a new content rollout schedule, they can't kep it)

- Going F2P 10 months after launch.

- Instituting an F2P system that's better described as 'Free to Pay' - which even the remaining SWToR faithful don't think will bring in and retain new players.

I don't have to make SWToR look bad. EA is doing a very good job at making SWToR look bad on it's own.
You're forgetting a few things here:

TOR doesn't make a habit of completely and totally rewriting itself to screw over it's playerbase for more cash.

If you sub to TOR, you actually get stuff, and arent stuck behind a secondary paywayll.

There's actually more to that title than multiple months long grind fest designed to get you to make RMT purchases.

TOR isn't pay to win.
Captain
# 1845
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
With SWToR:

Link to the sub 500k numbers? You did this before we had to change names saying that and could never provide your proof. Yet STO never had 500k subs.

The official statement was less than million but more than 500k. And 6 months means that number you are saying was way back in May-June. The less than million more than 500k was just a couple of months ago.

Stop pulling numbers out your rear. It might get too sore to sit on soon.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Career Officer
# 1846
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You're forgetting a few things here:

TOR doesn't make a habit of completely and totally rewriting itself to screw over it's playerbase for more cash.
That's only because EA laid off the majority of the SWToR Dev team.

An d you want to talk about screwing the playerbase for case, name me one other MMO that CHARGES players for combat UI elements (like action bars) or requires players to pay for a per piece license to werar dropped endgame gear. <--- SWToR's F2P system is tops at screwing over its F2P playerbase for cash, make no mistake.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 1847
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
That's only because EA laid off the majority of the SWToR Dev team.

An d you want to talk about screwing the playerbase for case, name me one other MMO that CHARGES players for combat UI elements (like action bars) or requires players to pay for a per piece license to werar dropped endgame gear. <--- SWToR's F2P system is tops at screwing over its F2P playerbase for cash, make no mistake.
per piece? Who told you that? How I saw it you pay for the license to wear purple gear once. Now if what you say is true (highly unlikely how you have made up stuff for a long time), then yes that's bad. I am not happy with the action bar thing either.

Edit: And once per toon. Still bad not being account wide but saying per piece is not right.

Last edited by darthstormstrike; 11-14-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 1848
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Link to the sub 500k numbers? You did this before we had to change names saying that and could never provide your proof. Yet STO never had 500k subs.

The official statement was less than million but more than 500k. And 6 months means that number you are saying was way back in May-June. The less than million more than 500k was just a couple of months ago.

Stop pulling numbers out your rear. It might get too sore to sit on soon.
You seem to think I'm defending STO her, or also stating somehow that STO was a big success. I'm not. That said, whatever STO's performance was or is (and IMO STO is going downhill fast if they stay their current course).

All that still doesn't change the fact that due to EA's mismanagement, SWToR is now considered on of the biggest failures of all time; nor the fact that is has the most money-grubbing F2P implementation of anyWestern made F2P MMO out there.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 1849
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
All that still doesn't change the fact that due to EA's mismanagement, SWToR is now considered on of the biggest failures of all time; nor the fact that is has the most money-grubbing
i can see sto in this pic to just saying
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Captain
# 1850
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
You seem to think I'm defending STO her, or also stating somehow that STO was a big success. I'm not. That said, whatever STO's performance was or is (and IMO STO is going downhill fast if they stay their current course).

All that still doesn't change the fact that due to EA's mismanagement, SWToR is now considered on of the biggest failures of all time; nor the fact that is has the most money-grubbing F2P implementation of anyWestern made F2P MMO out there.

You didn't even touch what I replied to you about. You know, backing up that "sub 500k" statement.

I am not 100% happy with the F2P model in TOR. But as daan said, their F2P model is a lot different than STO. I think TOR is going too far in one direction but I also think STO went too far in another to the point we got lockbox-mania. Even though I have some issues within the game (mainly story pacing), I think both GW2 could give both TOR and STO on how to do a better F2P game as far as how to treat the free players.

EDIT: btw, you mentioned the license to wear stuff. How about my sig issue? You have to buy a key to may be get something that you might find useful in STO.