Lt. Commander
# 301
12-20-2011, 11:03 AM
45??? You can go and get ..... (banned if I say what I wanted to there)
Lt. Commander
# 302
12-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I got my TOR CE yesterday, and thought I lost the figure's lightsaber, but found it. Now if I can get on the server my character is on to play it. (Servers that were on pre-release are always overloaded with very long wait times).

Server waits and the limited storyline, is going to be the prime factor why I'm going to still play STO as my main MMO. But it's nice to get away from the Cryptic greed and the boring STF grinding for a little while.
Lt. Commander
# 303
12-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
45??? You can go and get ..... (banned if I say what I wanted to there)
*poke poke* hmmm *wave* He got stuck. Doodles! *pulls out a marker and starts doodling*
Lt. Commander
# 304
12-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Well... i skipped the bugship and spent my money... elsewhere.
I don't regret it.
At all.
Lt. Commander
# 305
12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
... Why on earth would you hope that, instead of hoping that they continue to make a product that actually tempts you to come back instead?

Some people and their hate... sheesh.

I've been in the beta and now been playing the early access for TOR, and they're not really comparable. TOR has crap for space combat (it's solo and not at all free-form) so STO wins in the space combat. Otherwise SWTOR is basically WoW in Star Wars, but with voice acting and a better storyline for each class. The graphics, being more cartoony, make for a smoother-running game than, say, STO (which is heavily detail-oriented). Even besides the fanbase differences, they're both going to continue to appeal to someone.

F2P for STO means that I'll be balancing my time equally. SWTOR is the shiny new toy, but it's not so fantastic that it'll absorb me like, say, ******** did when it first came out. I've been there and done that; this is just a new spin on it.

-J
i try log in sto and wtf is with the sound? another kick in my ass?
nevermind... if i want great and super-duper space combat i play "black prophecy"

yes sto has ground and space but suck in both
Lt. Commander
# 306
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvb View Post
i try log in sto and wtf is with the sound? another kick in my ass?
nevermind... if i want great and super-duper space combat i play "black prophecy"

yes sto has ground and space but suck in both
It's such a good thing that people have different tastes, then, I guess.

-J
Lt. Commander
# 307
12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Ill be playing Both, But currently i get the black screen so i missed out on all betas, the early access, and still cant play.....

Ugh....
Lt. Commander
# 308
12-20-2011, 11:14 PM
I've been in ToR most of the day...and it occurred to me that it was Launch Day....Other then a Queue....which I expected...It's been uneventful...almost quiet even....scary.........
Lt. Commander
# 309
12-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I've been in ToR most of the day...and it occurred to me that it was Launch Day....Other then a Queue....which I expected...It's been uneventful...almost quiet even....scary.........
Well, the Queue was certainly annoying, but that is to be expected.

There was probably one drawback to the early access - that a lot of servers already had a population and at launch, the newcomers probably evenly distributed along all servers, leading to some getting very full and some on a lower load.

But the Beta and the Early Access probably also reduced the "launch rush", and had them better prepared for spikes. The Queues aren't nice, but far better than lag or disconnects, no doubt about that.
Lt. Commander
# 310
12-21-2011, 12:15 AM
I was in beta and i was'nt that impressed by SWTOR.
But i wish them all the best.