Lt. Commander
# 311
12-21-2011, 01:54 AM
I wish Bioware all the best in their endeavour too, but OH MY GAWD the community over there is... vicious.

The forums alone are like the scariest bits of a WoW forum with even less of the even-headed members to put out the flames. Thankfully etiquette in-game doesn't reflect that as much, but a few people are still... wow.

Makes me really thankful I can have meaningful dialogue with all of you, even if we don't see eye to eye! These forums seem far more mature, ridiculous complaints and all!

-J
Lt. Commander
# 312
12-21-2011, 02:52 AM
my copy didnt arrive at my store so i logged into sto for a bit and got my new pulse saber
Lt. Commander
# 313
12-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
I wish Bioware all the best in their endeavour too, but OH MY GAWD the community over there is... vicious.

The forums alone are like the scariest bits of a WoW forum with even less of the even-headed members to put out the flames. Thankfully etiquette in-game doesn't reflect that as much, but a few people are still... wow.

Makes me really thankful I can have meaningful dialogue with all of you, even if we don't see eye to eye! These forums seem far more mature, ridiculous complaints and all!

-J
i agree. this place can get bad at times, but ive seen stupidity over there that will turn you to the darkside.
Lt. Commander
# 314
12-21-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:

-J
Honestly the comunity over there is EXACTLY like the comunitly here was in the beginning. Give it time to grow. Although I cant say I like it as it is now...
Lt. Commander
# 315
12-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Quote:

-J
That was to be expected. The playerbase is mainly composed of all those doomsayers that have been plaguing this and other MMO-communities during the last months.
Of course, everytime TOR shows so much as the slightest bit of flaw, they'll go into full ****-storm mode, being afraid about having to go back to their previous MMOs and getting laughed at by the players who stayed there.

Which kinda sucks, because I don't want them back!
Lt. Commander
# 316
12-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
I was in beta and i was'nt that impressed by SWTOR.
But i wish them all the best.
To be honest...I wasn't either. But at least there's plenty of stuff to do...unlike some other game I could mention where I've already done pretty much everything........repeatedly. heheh
Lt. Commander
# 317
12-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:

-J
Are you talking about the forum community BEFORE or AFTER the forum Purge? The communit fyor the 3 years before launch were amazing, the threads mostly useful / helpful. After the Purge, the forums were made useless and childish.
Lt. Commander
# 318
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Honestly the comunity over there is EXACTLY like the comunitly here was in the beginning. Give it time to grow. Although I cant say I like it as it is now...
Having been here from the beginning, I'm inclined to disagree... it was a mess, but it wasn't as bad.
Here's the distinction: we had a LOT of people who were (justifyably) upset at the condition STO was released in. There was some vitriol, and a lot of whining. The doomsaying was about standard (and by "standard" I mean the equivalent to, say, WoW). The aggressive, idiotic undonstructive posts were fewer, and made by a number of people repeatedly.

SWTOR has a forum whose every thread (or thereabouts) has angry (and I mean RAWR ANGRY!) posts and comments directed either at the developers, or the other community members - often both! The actual constructive criticism? Yeah, that's pretty rare I've found.

I'm totally open to being wrong. I'm also entertaining a theory that perhaps it actually IS about the same, it's just that the population over there is so much larger I'm running into the aggressive/nasty/useless comments and threads more often. It still doesn't make me feel any better about it, though.

Worse still (for SWTOR) is that they've attracted a large number of the WoW crowd. Last time I was on a WoW forum, posters hadn't matured and the hate never stopped coming. I have to give props, as much as we have our complaints about STO (pages long of them at times), we're a pretty constructive and proactive group by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Are you talking about the forum community BEFORE or AFTER the forum Purge? The communit fyor the 3 years before launch were amazing, the threads mostly useful / helpful. After the Purge, the forums were made useless and childish.
I'm talking currently. I only just registered on their forums when I got my early access. I guess I missed the constructive posts and hit the Wall of Whaa. I'm of the mind now that I'll just avoid their forums entirely.

-J
Lt. Commander
# 319
12-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Leveling has plateaued for me on Alsderaan. I went back to Tantooine for the bonus series.

My least favorite planet was Nar Shadaa. So... much... running... around.

I loved Balmorra though. I completed tye bonus series and loved (loved!) the siege on the Republic base as an Agent. Single coolest quest chain in an MMO for me.

That said, Cryptic might want to develop the other 75% of the KDF faction. SWTOR, for its flaws, has excellent differences between faction and class quests.
Lt. Commander
# 320
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
That said, Cryptic might want to develop the other 75% of the KDF faction. SWTOR, for its flaws, has excellent differences between faction and class quests.
How are you finding the Republic side of things?

I've played a Sith Marauder and an Imperial Sniper (the Agent's questline story is AWESOME) but the Republic is just so.... blah. I can't even force myself to level past FIVE, let alone get off the starter planet. The story just does not jive with me.