Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 401
01-02-2012, 07:57 AM
They don`t make a mistake STO does - in STO everything becomes available in the moment you left the tutorial. There is nothing new. In SWTOR there are new game mechanics appearing - first you play solo, then you get a companion, then you get a ship, then you got space battles, then you get a legacy...this total freedom of STO, which is also be loved in wide parts of the community is its big mistake. It seems fine first - but in the end, there is nothing to achieve.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 402
01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 403
01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
They don`t make a mistake STO does - in STO everything becomes available in the moment you left the tutorial. There is nothing new. In SWTOR there are new game mechanics appearing - first you play solo, then you get a companion, then you get a ship, then you got space battles, then you get a legacy...this total freedom of STO, which is also be loved in wide parts of the community is its big mistake. It seems fine first - but in the end, there is nothing to achieve.
I enjoy SWTOR but, honestly, the Legacy System is neither good nor bad--there's no information regarding it, aside from the legacy name.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 404
01-02-2012, 12:41 PM
To be honest, I think what keeps me here instead of jumping over there is that this is Star Trek, and that's Star Wars. I grew up with Trek, grew up hating the other. So, with that, ToR will always be a crappy game to me. The game mechanics, the voice-acting, everything else may be far superior to STO, but it will be bad to me simply because it's Star Wars.

Am I blind to the problems of STO? Heck no. They bug the crap out of me. But even with this annoyance, I still have fun, odd as that may seem. Deep in the darkest recesses of my mind, I'd love to see ToR fail, and I'm convinced that it'll go the way of this place in that it'll be all promises and very little delivery. Can't be sure.

What I am sure is that this place has a couple more years left on it, and I'm gonna get what I can out of it. I won't ever play ToR, for reasons already stated, but I'm not going to call it a bad game. No right to, as I'm not playing it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 405
01-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I enjoy SWTOR but, honestly, the Legacy System is neither good nor bad--there's no information regarding it, aside from the legacy name.
i dont even know what it is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 406
01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i dont even know what it is.
Complete the first Chapter, then you'll have access to it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 407
01-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Complete the first Chapter, then you'll have access to it
Chapter 1 completes somewhere in the late 20s.

Basically, you choose a legacy name like "skywalker" and your characters can be part of that legacy--much like Han and Chewie and the droids were part of Luke's legacy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 408
01-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Chapter 1 completes somewhere in the late 20s.

Basically, you choose a legacy name like "skywalker" and your characters can be part of that legacy--much like Han and Chewie and the droids were part of Luke's legacy.
I've already picked mine out, it just remains to be seen whether I can unlock legacy titles before someone else takes it before me
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 409
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
I've already picked mine out, it just remains to be seen whether I can unlock legacy titles before someone else takes it before me
Kitlor is taken. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how the system work and am now Darrenkitlor [The Kitlor Legacy].

I'm hoping for name changes but I suppose Darren is already taken.

My hope is that they allow players to adopt or mentor other players into their legacy (allowing alts to become part of huge stories).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 410
01-02-2012, 03:05 PM
So i got TOR as a Christmas present; which was nice. And I tried it albiet briefly the mechanics are interetsing and the dialouge is great; but actually the game lost me at char gen; it was so limited in terms of customisation, which i think is important in an MMO or at least it is to me... I'm sure they will get round to fixing it, but I wont be subscribing, at least for a while...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 AM.