Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 511
01-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Anakin found the republic story boring as well. His online friend, palpatinesorder_66 convinced him to roll a sith.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 512
01-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Anakin found the republic story boring as well. His online friend, palpatinesorder_66 convinced him to roll a sith.
Nice

10 Char
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 513
01-15-2012, 09:38 AM
The only way to play trooper properly is to jam your blaster down your own throat. The characters aren't consistent within themselves. The quest options you are given to choose don't always match what your character does once you select it. If by 'meaningful choices with consequences" the game designers meant to say "capricious" game design then right on brother! If somehow every trooper in the game running about with Cat Man Doo as his sidekick as each and every one of you are the sole survivor of Havok Squad.......OH WAIT! That is fundamentally held back. Because giving a kid money to flee the planet because he's afraid his parents will be mad at him is somehow a "light side" choice, and reuniting him with his family is somehow a "dark side" choice". Because giving kids scads of cash and leaving them in a sewer system to fend for themselves is also a light side choice.

Right. Its a crappy eighties arcade style space game shooter with some sort of useless MMORPG tacked on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 514
01-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Anakin found the republic story boring as well. His online friend, palpatinesorder_66 convinced him to roll a sith.
Okay, I will give you that one...:p

i
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 515
01-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomace View Post
Tropper class is a great story so I call butkiss on what you say above

That said, If your original post had said that "you" find the republic side boring, I would not have an issue, but for you tell people not to play the republic side and that "all" the stories are boring with no reason not to play, made it sound like what you were saying was a fact. You even try to back this up by "claiming" you have played 10 hours on each and know the story going to be boring.

Plenty of people are playing the rep side and are loving the stories.

Sorry, I don't want this to come out as an attack, but I am surprised that you have tried to put people off playing a whole faction.
It's an internet forum. We should all realize that anything here is more-or-less opinion. I mean, whether a story is good or not is entirely subjective
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 516
01-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's an internet forum. We should all realize that anything here is more-or-less opinion. I mean, whether a story is good or not is entirely subjective
True, but re-read your post. Your trying to put people off playing a whole faction based on your "opinion".

Touch of arrogance in your original post methinks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 517
01-16-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
The thing that amuses me about SWTOR is the forums. They have just as much complaining and threatening as these ones do
the thing is though, you only have to wait 5 mins before hitting refresh and the threads on page two already

there's that many people on the forums in comparison to this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 518
01-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiitastic View Post
Ok listen up cryptic your gonna have a run for your money with SWTOR now up and running.

Before STO fans start whining I'm a lifer here and I gotta say the last few months have been depressing to say the least..

SWTOR is releasing 1.1 patch on the 17th of this month with TWO new content missions..
To put things into perspective - STO released the first content also relatively soon after release. The STFs and a new PvP map were added relatively quickly after launch.

The problem is that this PvP map and the STFs are basically the only additions to the respective aspects. (Oh, wait, there is the Terradome STF, which IIRC is mostly broken and Gozer mentioned it may be turned into a regular storyline mission). Let's hope TOR will do better than that.


Quote:
IMHO:
- storyline provides a compelling reason to do a quest.
- storyline does not provide a compelling reason to repeat a quest. (branching dialogs are interesting in this respect, you can't branch "that" many times)

The "end-game" is basically the dictionary definition of repetition. If the reason for someone to play a game is just storyline then it's difficult to see how the end-game is ever going to work.
Maybe MMOs are wrong if they focus so much on endgame, and should put out more story? Of course, you can't produce story as fast as people consume it, but maybe that's not a big problem, as long as they come back monthly?

Quote:
[STO space combat is fun without a plot, the same cannot be said of any form of SWTOR combat that I've played]
I may agree for PvP, but in single player, it gets a little tedious. I flew through tons of Exploration space missions, but in the end, they are much to identical. Fleet Actions may be somewhat better, since there are tons of enemy ships. But still...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 519
01-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The only way to experience SWTOR properly is to role Smuggler or Imperial.

Most republic storylines are awful--and provide little to know incentive to questing.
I'm in a republic guild. My main is republic and 50 smuggler but my next highest is a Sith that's in the 30's. I kind of start forgetting to care about the jedis. Trouble with the Knight story is it gets better by the end of Act 1 because your companion Kira is involved heavily. I was caring more for Kira than my own character who felt like more of the sidekick in the story. Or maybe Kira is just bad*** like Kato in the Green Hornet (Bruce Lee version and later but not those horrid serials I regretted renting from Netflix). Sidekick that becomes the show. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 520
01-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
The only way to play trooper properly is to jam your blaster down your own throat. The characters aren't consistent within themselves. The quest options you are given to choose don't always match what your character does once you select it. If by 'meaningful choices with consequences" the game designers meant to say "capricious" game design then right on brother! If somehow every trooper in the game running about with Cat Man Doo as his sidekick as each and every one of you are the sole survivor of Havok Squad.......OH WAIT! That is fundamentally held back. Because giving a kid money to flee the planet because he's afraid his parents will be mad at him is somehow a "light side" choice, and reuniting him with his family is somehow a "dark side" choice". Because giving kids scads of cash and leaving them in a sewer system to fend for themselves is also a light side choice.

Right. Its a crappy eighties arcade style space game shooter with some sort of useless MMORPG tacked on.
My Trooper seems consistant 99% of the time.

The only inconsistant thing in the Trooper story is that you sleep with Lt. Jaxo once and then you never see her agian even though she talks about staying in touch haha.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 AM.