Lt. Commander
# 561
01-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_2099 View Post
Of all the things said about SWTOR, I have to say that I was simply dumbfounded when, upon entering my Freihgter in SWTOR, that it had better and more functionalbe interiors than STO's ship did after 18 months of development.

The lack of bridge/ship functionality that STO had at launch and even a year after launch is something for which I have, and will never forgive them.

That said, STO has made HUGE strides in 2 years in a lot of areas and I can honestly say that while it is not up to SWTOR, it is officially, after 2 years, worth a bit of my time.
Better functionality, the problem is that is has 0 customization. Everyone looks the same, there is only a handful (not even) of ship designs and interiors...it's lackluster.

If you come to think about it, in terms of customization STO>TOR in every aspect. SWTOR does not live up to its hype and amount of money invested.
Lt. Commander
# 562
01-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully
Nope, was delayed, at least according to the patch notes. They found some bugs on the test server that needs fixing first.

I guess that means DOOM.
I guess the good news from that is that Bioware doesn't want to release new things that are bugged...unlike..you know...

Oh, please we both know (from past experience) that if Cryptic were to announce a major update release date (like EA/BioWare did) AND missed it by even ONE day; the forums here would erupt with posts stating:

"Yet MORE proof Cryptic can't adhere to their own development schedue"

and if someone said:

"Well, beter they hold it back and fix it prior to releasing it..."

Someone eklse woould respond with:

"They should have had it on Tribble sooner so they COULD properly test it in time to make their announced date..."

etc.

But since it's BioWare; somehow when they do something similar, they get a pass...

(And interestingly enough they have a followup patch scheduled for tommorow morning; so I guess they already found some explots they missed in testing anyway. Funny too is they state in the Patchnots they finally enabled AA i the graphics setting - and it does work - yet when you mouse over the AA setting toolip reads "Feature not implementated"; so yeah, seems like the 300 on te SWToR team aint perfect either )
Lt. Commander
# 563
01-19-2012, 01:04 AM
A review of SWTOR's Level 50 Endgame on Ilum:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...0kDP_Cexo#t=9s

STO isn't as bad after all.

Spawn camping a medcenter with a 20:1 faction imbalance.
Lt. Commander
# 564
01-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi guys, first post, I'm very new to STO (3 hours playtime so far), but I thought I'd post in this thread as a highly experienced WoW guildmaster (top 300 euro guild) and raid leader, and SWToR subscriber...

I quit WoWover a year ago, andI was one of the earliest accounts registered for SWToR (early 2009), I was a beta tester, and I have a level 25 Kinetic Combat Shadow Consular. So, I'm sure the more deductive amongst you realise...hang on, he's new in SWToR, AND STO?? This guy must have a lot of time on his hands, or he's sick of SWToR already!

It's the latter. I think SWToR is taking itself too seriously, it's a very sterile game. Most of the environments and mob groups are identical, just with different textures. The extreme number of hours quoted to complete the story is mainly due to the amount of running around you have to do, and bottom line, I'm bored with it. The group stuff is chaotic because its so easy, nobody cares about tactics.

Long story short...when I started getting bored of SW, I was looking for something else to play, and happened to see an ad for STO becoming free to play. I'm also a trek afficionado, I own all the episodes from TNG episode1 through DS9 (by miles my fave), Voyager and Enterprise (which I thought was as good as TNG tbh, no clue why they cut it short, shame) on dvd, and still watch at least one trek episode a day if I can, so I thought to myself that I would go check reviews on Gamespot. Of course I saw the original review score of 5.5, but then I noticed the community rated it much higher, the more I read the more I heard about the way this game has evolved since release and the more excited I became.

So here I am, so far I'm enjoying it, though I feel that there is something of a lack of structured guidance, I'll work through it.

Long live Trek, greets to all of you.
Lt. Commander
# 565
01-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtr
Better functionality, the problem is that is has 0 customization. Everyone looks the same, there is only a handful (not even) of ship designs and interiors...it's lackluster.

If you come to think about it, in terms of customization STO>TOR in every aspect. SWTOR does not live up to its hype and amount of money invested.
Completely opinion to be honest. I think it's completely worth the hype and met my expectation 98% so far.
Lt. Commander
# 566
01-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Completely opinion to be honest. I think it's completely worth the hype and met my expectation 98% so far.
Living up to the hype is subjective.

However, Cryptic definitely delivered more bang per the dollar(25 million vs ~250-500 million)--especially since some aspects are clearly better in STO (though the storylines, pve, etc. are more detailed and numerous in SWTOR).
Lt. Commander
# 567
01-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Perhaps this is just an honest mistake...

SWTOR unsubscribe option goes missing for some

Quote:
Many players have written in to us to report that the "cancel subscription" button on their Star Wars: The Old Republic account pages has mysteriously gone missing. Considering that tomorrow is the one-month mark where accounts are set to be billed following the free month of gameplay for those who started on launch day, this is particularly troublesome.

Some players have found a workaround link, but have received a warning and seen their threads shut down by moderators as violating the Rules of Conduct.
Lt. Commander
# 568
01-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullas

HAHAHAHAH!! Wow, now who said Bioware didn't know how to write content for the Dark Side? :p
Lt. Commander
# 569
01-19-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm basically going to give the game 6 months. If they've not improved gamepay by then, I think I will stick with STO 100%. At this point, for me at least, doing dailies and STFs are more fun than the new missions on TOR.
Lt. Commander
# 570
01-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullas

Amazingly enough the SAME thing happened with WAR (aka WarHammer Online - another EA subsidiary MMO) at about the same time in its early days. I'm still subbed to SWToR myself; but this is business as usual for EA, and is one reason I'm leary as far as how well they'll continue to fund/support th game if it doesn't meet their sub retention critera goals.