Lt. Commander
# 611
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Before anyone accuses me of STO fanboyism:
I really enjoy SWTOR.

The crafting is deeper, there's more story in which to explore, there are two factions (unlike STO), companions serve more than just utility (they're part of the story and actual NPCs, instead of pets).

With that said, I'll be playing both games for a long time.

49 Imperial Agent (Operative -- 32/3/5) on my highest level character. I'm this close to endgame.
Darren, the word I'd call you is actually noob. (wink to show not being mean or even serious there btw) I got a 50 smuggler, 30 Assassin, and now 22 Shadow. The 'sin and Shadow basically are the same but the 'sin has a better story. And so far even like the companions better although the Shadow has 1 less at the moment. Only playing the Shadow and not 'sin much anymore because I'm on a PvP server and my guild is Republic. I still do a little on the Assassin because of the better story though.

But Smuggler had the best story and Risha and Bowie I really felt they were my Leia and Chewie. It was odd having the bugged stowaway though and the Mandalorian female got all postal when Risha and my smug finally gave in to the attraction. Never told postal Mandalorian I was even interested but she came busting in there like she owned the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 612
01-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Hahahahaha!

Is it the lack of:
  • customization options,
  • UI scaling,
  • combat tracker,
  • etc.
compared to STO that sold you?

(Granted, these are in development for SWTOR--but don't try and compare the UIs in either game's current state.)
TOR's UI works where I had to battle and fight STO UI for hours on end. I had absolutely no problem with the UI in TOR. Easy to use and it worked and I had no problems with the layout.
Lt. Commander
# 613
01-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I don't think STO has superior UI to TOR either.
I do in that you can at least move and resize and hide windows in the STO UI.

(And yes, we BEGGED BioWare for at least this in SWToR beta, but I guess it took the outcry of the regular playerbase to get them to finally conceede and do something although when it hits SWToR is anyone's guess.)
Lt. Commander
# 614
01-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
TOR's UI works where I had to battle and fight STO UI for hours on end. I had absolutely no problem with the UI in TOR. Easy to use and it worked and I had no problems with the layout.
STO's is customizable and has a combat tracker--something MMOS aside from SWTOR have included for over ten years.

Also, don't get anyone who plays PvP in SWTOR started on the ability delay / UI unresponsiveness. SWTOR's abilities can regularly get clogged and misfire--it's a serious bug that affects most classes, especially towards endgame in PvP areas.
Lt. Commander
# 615
01-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
STO's is customizable and has a combat tracker--something MMOS aside from SWTOR have included for over ten years.

Also, don't get anyone who plays PvP in SWTOR started on the ability delay. SWTOR's abilities can regularly get clogged and misfire--it's a serious bug that affects most classes, especially towards endgame in PvP areas.
I never had any reason to change the way it came. I hit the ground running and never had to waste any amount of time trying to set it up like I did in STO.

I never had abilities misfire in TOR they weren't ready to be activated. I never had the problems that STO UI did. Many of STO ability's wouldn't fire a lot. You could actually push a ability twice in STO and it would deactivate it and not fire then you would have to wait on the cool down.
Lt. Commander
# 616
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
I never had any reason to change the way it came. I hit the ground running and never had to waste any amount of time trying to set it up like I did in STO.

I never had abilities misfire in TOR they weren't ready to be activated. I never had the problems that STO UI did. Many of STO ability's wouldn't fire a lot. You could actually push a ability twice in STO and it would deactivate it and not fire then you would have to wait on the cool down.
That has been many fatal flaws in STO's pvp...
Lt. Commander
# 617
01-20-2012, 01:50 AM
HAHA

Ok Cryptic your so got a run for you lack of money now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUktp9Vmolg

SWTOR upcoming content over the next few months...

Jeez your managing like what 2 FE's a year now... and shiny shiny crap into c-store...

OH MORE PVP MAPS

Dun DuH Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lt. Commander
# 618
01-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiitastic View Post
HAHA

Jeez your managing like what 2 FE's a year now... and shiny shiny crap into c-store...

OH MORE PVP MAPS

Yeah, fleet banks and movable UI elements are already in STO.

That trailer is out because Eaware are afraid that people will stop playing and are like:

"ok, ok guys, look at the nice things we have for you in the future!" Fleet banks and customizable UI.
It sounds more like a desperate attempt, because the timing of this trailer was perfect (aprox 1 month after release).
And I don't believe in coincidence
Lt. Commander
# 619
01-20-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
HAHA

OH MORE PVP MAPS

They spent a year adding some of the content in the 1.1 patch... so for your next big batch of content you can wait a year. Cryptic are doing pretty much on-par for it really.
Lt. Commander
# 620
01-20-2012, 04:30 AM
I got an email yesterday to pick up a "Founder" title from my in -game email, but when I went in, there was nothing. how disapointing.